PDA

View Full Version : MP video.

doghous3
04-06-2011, 07:09 AM
Nothing too exciting, but it's a taste of MP.

LeadFarms' server of course, and theres a community Ventrilo put up for use for the server too.

I hope it entices more people onto the server, and hopefully it returns to the BoB map.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=Tkn-S25jY4g&vq=hd720

Was good fun either way.

MadTommy
04-06-2011, 07:53 AM
Urrrfff labels & arrows indicating where planes are and what side they are on... I'm new to IL2 series, I REALLY hope that is not what most MP servers will look like, complete game killer for me.

Jotaele
04-06-2011, 09:39 AM
Urrrfff labels & arrows indicating where planes are and what side they are on... I'm new to IL2 series, I REALLY hope that is not what most MP servers will look like, complete game killer for me.
do not worry, lot of peoples will play full real, no labels, head movements, no outside view etc.

MadTommy
04-06-2011, 12:13 PM
do not worry, lot of peoples will play full real, no labels, head movements, no outside view etc.

:-P

Excellent.. it is bloody hard to keep track of planes without these aids.. but for me that is 1/2 the challenge.. i'll get seriously owned on these full realism servers but i'll enjoy it! The amount of times a plane goes behind the frame of my cockpit and then pofff vanishes!

addman
04-06-2011, 12:25 PM
Nothing too exciting, but it's a taste of MP.

LeadFarms' server of course, and theres a community Ventrilo put up for use for the server too.

I hope it entices more people onto the server, and hopefully it returns to the BoB map.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=Tkn-S25jY4g&vq=hd720

Was good fun either way.

Did you fly with a keyboard or something?

Col.Flanders
04-06-2011, 12:31 PM
I don't have the game yet and this isn't a moan but I'm wondering - for straight dogfight MP missions, are we forced to play on these random island maps or is it possible to use the larger real world map? I know with co-ops that it'll all be possible with the FMB and I understand that it's more resource-intensive but the map in the vid looks more like the pacific in FB than anything else. Just seems to lack depth and substance. I want to have to make it back to real world xyz base rather than flying round Krakatoa all day long.

doghous3
04-06-2011, 12:37 PM
@addman: lol.. na, I'm just rubbish.

@Flanders: I haven't played with creating missions for MP, but that server does normally have the game map running. There are some custom MP maps you can use, which is one of those that you see in the vid.