PDA

View Full Version : Buying a Collector Edition (english) and using in Brazil?

tityus
04-06-2011, 02:42 AM
I understand that the easiest way to CoD is to get the digital copy, but nostalgic I am, I'm interested in the Collector's Edition. Therefore, I'll pass on a digital copy.

Also, since the CE apparently uses a different method to validate the game, I`m not sure if it will work from here, Brazil. Therefore the two part question?

(...) Other than a risky deal at ebay, could anyone point me to a place where I can buy a Collector's Edition (English version)?

Also...

If I manage to acquire it, can I legally validate it from Brazil?

Does anyone know?

té mais
tityus

SacaSoh
04-06-2011, 03:04 AM
I understand that the easiest way to CoD is to get the digital copy, but nostalgic I am, I'm interested in the Collector's Edition. Therefore, I'll pass on a digital copy.

Also, since the CE apparently uses a different method to validate the game, I`m not sure if it will work from here, Brazil. Therefore the two part question?

(...) Other than a risky deal at ebay, could anyone point me to a place where I can buy a Collector's Edition (English version)?

Also...

Does anyone know?

té mais
tityus

Probably you'll manage to activate the CE right now, because it uses the euro release date, and it uses the steamworks activation, so, even being a boxed edition, you'll have it on your Steam account... I have bought my digital copy at justflight, the "euro" version, and it activated on 31th March without any problems, here in Brasil.

tityus
04-06-2011, 04:17 PM
Hi SacaSoh,

Thanks for the reply.

The keyword on that second question is legally. I'm failing to obtain official word on the subject. Depending on the license terms, even if you have legally bought the game, after installing, you could be as illegal as a guy who downloaded a pirate copy and cracked the protection... that's why I'm asking - so far without success.

I'm not sure if 1C guys are reading the forum nowadays. Just in case, I'll keep asking...

Also...

té masi
tityus

SacaSoh
04-06-2011, 10:46 PM
Hi SacaSoh,

Thanks for the reply.

The keyword on that second question is legally. I'm failing to obtain official word on the subject. Depending on the license terms, even if you have legally bought the game, after installing, you could be as illegal as a guy who downloaded a pirate copy and cracked the protection... that's why I'm asking - so far without success.

I'm not sure if 1C guys are reading the forum nowadays. Just in case, I'll keep asking...

Also...

té masi
tityus

If you paid for it, you can legally validate it anywhere... This software isn't of limited availability, like some FEA software, which can't be exported to some countries because of law regulations. At most, you'll be violating the EULA. And the EULA isn't binding here in Brasil. You are afraid that Ubisoft or steam blocks you game or ban your account? Don't worry about it, looks like they don't like money (eg: not selling the CE worldwide or at least in the USA) but they aren't stupid enough to sue consumers.

hc.coyote
04-07-2011, 03:15 AM
I live in Argentina and made a digital version pre-order from ubi UK.

On Mar/31st they've sent me an email telling me that the game was available to download from steam and they gave me the serial.

Result: Normal Activation and "playing" (because of the buggy issues) since the first hour.

Cheers.

tityus
04-07-2011, 03:22 AM
hi SacaSoh,

If you paid for it, you can legally validate it anywhere...
Well sort of... you can, but you may not. It actually depends on what the EULA establishes and I was unable to find an EULA for CoD CE.
At most, you'll be violating the EULA. And the EULA isn't binding here in Brasil.
I'm aware that there's much controversy on the theme of SLA/EULA being enforceable and I do know that "they" wouldn't go to extremes of taking legal action against a regular Joe, but, nevertheless, I'd like to know if the EULA allows me to use it here or not. If not, I'd probably go digital...

Thanks for the interest, SacaSoh. As soon as I have a rig that can run CoD, I'll buy it, either digital or CE. Knowing that you have validated a steam copy here is good news already.

té mais
tityus