regards
josh

HanneG
04-05-2011, 10:28 PM
Was hoping

You and the Brits during BoB.

esmiol
04-05-2011, 10:41 PM
they were during bob some hurri and spit with 20mm canons... really few less than 10. but most of time these canons was so heavy that the plane was losing a lot of performance... and most of time can't even pass throw the fighter cover to fire!

in fact it was more modified prototype than really operational plane...

at this period spit and hurri don't have cannons. wait the maybe future updates/addons

bongodriver
04-05-2011, 10:46 PM
19 squadron had Mk1b spits with cannons, but early trials had the cannons jamming, this actually caused a yaw effect on the aircraft (because 1 jammed cannon leaves only 1 firing on the other wing) this spoiled the pilots aim, so no real use of them occurred during BOB, I believe 1 at least got some hits on a He111, but no shoot down.....

123-Wulf-123
04-06-2011, 12:02 AM
Why not add some laser death rays while you're at it. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The game is about THE BATTLE of BRITAIN.....and as others pointed out there were few operational cannon armed Spits this early.

But hey, it didn't seem to stop them shooting down plenty of german aircraft. :)

BadAim
04-06-2011, 01:45 AM
Equip yer spittie with 1/2 Dewilde ammo and 1/2 armor piercing incendiary at about 200M convergence and watch those Huns fall!

BP_Tailspin
04-06-2011, 02:02 AM
7 Spitfire's were retrofitted with Hispano 20mm cannons, 3 flew during the Battle of Britain and were called Mk 1b's. They jammed when fired, the pilots refused to fly them.

They laid the ammo feeding mechanism (can) flat so it would fit in the thin wing of the spitfire and this caused the 20mm ammo belts to jam, especially when under a G load.

I don't think they ever saw combat.

In 1941 they turned the Hispano upright in the Spitfire Mk.V and added blisters to the top of the wing to cover the feeding mechanism.

NLS61
04-06-2011, 06:39 AM
19 squadron had Mk1b spits with cannons, but early trials had the cannons jamming, this actually caused a yaw effect on the aircraft (because 1 jammed cannon leaves only 1 firing on the other wing) this spoiled the pilots aim, so no real use of them occurred during BOB, I believe 1 at least got some hits on a He111, but no shoot down.....

They actually switched them for the spits from the flying school (traning centre) during the battle of Britain

KeBrAnTo
04-06-2011, 06:43 AM
You and the Brits during BoB.

Lol

I would like 109E fitted with MK108 :lol:

Good try anyway Doc_uk if you try it hard you'll probably get it, look what happened to crappy real P-39/40's in IL2-FB, they were top fighters all of a sudden after a general USA customer whining campaign to 1C when game was first released. :rolleyes: