PDA

View Full Version : Possibly the final straw...

Chips86
04-05-2011, 09:22 PM
...so I am now unable to change my view back to cockpit view once i have changed out of it. I tried to remap it from F1 to a button on my mouse, which then failed, and now I have tried to remap it back to F1, but it does not allow me to change my view at all. Does anybody have any ideas on how to sort this out?

BigC208
04-05-2011, 09:30 PM
...so I am now unable to change my view back to cockpit view once i have changed out of it. I tried to remap it from F1 to a button on my mouse, which then failed, and now I have tried to remap it back to F1, but it does not allow me to change my view at all. Does anybody have any ideas on how to sort this out?

And on another subject, I know its been a bloody long wait for this game, but I would have much rather waited an extra six months and got one that actually worked from day 1. Terrible release, which sadly is becoming the norm for games now. Minus ten internets, 1C.

Take a deep breath.....Uninstall the game and put it away for 6 months. You have supported Oleg by buying the "open commercial Beta". In 3 weeks or so the game's out in the US and I'll follow in your footsteps. I also bought the $14.95 Russian version. Did not even bother to download it. Just for 1C's support. Right now I dont think my computer is even going to be able to run it at medium settings. So I'll do what you just did. Buy, stash, watch and wait. This game is going to be another milestone in sim developement once it's patched up properly. You should be proud that you're supporting it.

JG14_Jagr
04-05-2011, 09:45 PM
Chip, you are the first I have seen with that issue.. I would be very suspicious that it might be a problem with how you mapped something.. Reverting everything to default mapping might help.. or even reinstalling it.. A particular view issue is not going to be related to a graphics card or CPU limitation.. something broke in the game, and likely you are the one that broke it :) I can't tell you how many times I've made a conf.ini setting change and my game would not load because the setting isn't yet supported.. If I had made several I'd have been re installing.. at least when you do one at a time you can go back easily.. (usually)

Chips86
04-05-2011, 09:58 PM
Yeah it probably was me haha but with the myriad other problems, I cant help but think its something to do with the game....and I've looked everywhere for a 'reset to default' option, but I'll be buggered if I can find it anywhere.

Buchon
04-05-2011, 10:01 PM
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=20676

Conte Zero
04-05-2011, 10:18 PM
Take a deep breath.....Uninstall the game and put it away for 6 months. You have supported Oleg by buying the "open commercial Beta". In 3 weeks or so the game's out in the US and I'll follow in your footsteps. I also bought the $14.95 Russian version. Did not even bother to download it. Just for 1C's support. Right now I dont think my computer is even going to be able to run it at medium settings. So I'll do what you just did. Buy, stash, watch and wait. This game is going to be another milestone in sim developement once it's patched up properly. You should be proud that you're supporting it.

to be set in stone, hopefully.

Derinahon
04-05-2011, 10:59 PM
Yeah it probably was me haha but with the myriad other problems, I cant help but think its something to do with the game....and I've looked everywhere for a 'reset to default' option, but I'll be buggered if I can find it anywhere.

Try saving the controls to a file, then check it's correct with notepad and save with a different file name. Restart the game and load the new file into the controls menu.

I had a similar problem when adjusting stick sensitivity. I made a change, found I'd made a mistake and changed it back, but it was stuck with the bum setting. The above fixed it for me.

Ataros
04-06-2011, 12:02 AM
I can't tell you how many times I've made a conf.ini setting change and my game would not load because the setting isn't yet supported.. If I had made several I'd have been re installing.. at least when you do one at a time you can go back easily.. (usually)

You can just remove your conf.ini from Documents forlder adn the game will create new default one. No need to reinstall. You can even remove (back up) the whole IL-2 CoD folder from the documents folder to set everything to default.

JG14_Jagr
04-06-2011, 01:01 AM
Good information there..

Funny thing, some of the biggest complaints about "bugs" have been features that no one knew how to use.. the text boxes on screen for one. I think a LOT of the squaking that isn't directly performance related is going to turn out to be a lack of knowledge on the end user.

Just the issue of which conf.ini to edit made a big difference..same for Steam Cloud... little things like that really make a difference and save a lot of frustration..

Maybe we should have a thread for it ;)

David198502
04-06-2011, 07:19 AM
Good information there..

Funny thing, some of the biggest complaints about "bugs" have been features that no one knew how to use.. the text boxes on screen for one. I think a LOT of the squaking that isn't directly performance related is going to turn out to be a lack of knowledge on the end user.

Just the issue of which conf.ini to edit made a big difference..same for Steam Cloud... little things like that really make a difference and save a lot of frustration..

Maybe we should have a thread for it ;)

+1!that should prevent a lot of headache!