PDA

View Full Version : Activation problem !

lipas70
04-05-2011, 09:04 PM
Hi.
I have a problem with activation. My activation limit for my serial number has been exceeded (trying performance on other computers). When I try put my serial number, the system inform me the number is invalid and contact customer support. How can I do with this ?

JG52Uther
04-05-2011, 09:22 PM
From the ubi il2 forum, I have put the important bit in bold:
IL2 Sturmovik: Cliff of Dover will use the SolidShield DRM solution. SolidShield features a flexible activation process and allows for up to 3 simultaneous game installs.

FAQ

What type of DRM is being used in IL-2 Stumovik: COD?
Avatar uses a new driverless activation solution to manage activations developed by Solidshield with whom T@GES is partnering.

How many activations do I get?
You can indefinitely activate your copy of the game on the same PC. You start with three activations (so, three different PC hardware configurations) to begin with. After one month, one activation will be re-credited (up to a maximum of three available activations at any given time).

Do I have to be online to activate my game?
While the activation solution will initially attempt to activate your game online, you can elect to manually enter an activation code. You will need to enter the code that comes with your game into the activation wizard, you will then be given an activation code that you can enter manually. So, although you do not necessarily need to have your computer hooked up to the internet, you will need to go online to obtain a code before playing.

Can Solidshield be removed from my computer?
Once the activation process has been completed, the activation solution does not install any software on your computer. Once the activation is completed, a data file is stored. This file is not hidden and can be removed from your computer if you wish. In this case, a new activation process will be triggered at the next game launch (without any effect on your activation count credit). Finally, the activation is driverless: no driver must be installed and uninstalled.

What if I have problems?
You may contact Solidshield support directly via email at support@solidshield.com.

Is it possible to revoke an installation?
Revocations are not considered, since users get one new activation per month, so if you do somehow manage to burn through your three activations, you only need to wait one month or contact support.

lipas70
04-06-2011, 01:56 PM
I still waiting for answer from Solidshield. At this moment, nothing jet. Have somebody similar problem ?

acare84
04-06-2011, 02:15 PM
I still waiting for answer from Solidshield. At this moment, nothing jet. Have somebody similar problem ?

Can you please the answer here when you get the reply. I am curious abot this too. I hope they will reset your activations.

lipas70
04-06-2011, 03:35 PM
no problemo

matsher
04-07-2011, 01:06 PM
Hi Lipis... You and I seem to have the same issue.
I mailed them 48 hr+ ago and I am still waiting for a reply.
I haven't managed to play in over 3 days now.. I started out by sending mails
to STEAM and UBI and 1C... Also no reply from any of them yet.

This activation shit is really starting to harsh my chill.
The game itself is problematic enough on its own without adding another level
of bullshit to the frustration most of us are feeling.

At the moment this game is starting to become emotionally expensive.

matsher
04-07-2011, 02:08 PM
Okay guys, I have sent another message to Solid Shield from their official
contact page on their website, maybe it will have more luck. I have put
a copy of the message here so you can read what I wrote. If the chaps
from marketing read a mail like this they will likely shit their pants and chase
the support guys. Even tone and polite phrasing is normally far more scary
than a guy ranting and swearing in CAPITOLS. Let see if we can get any joy from them.

Heading: Bad Service - No response

Hi there,

I sent you a support mail concerning Activation limit exceeded messages for IL2- Cliffs of Dover.

I haven't installed it into more than 1pc but have upgraded parts to help run this "resource hungry" Sim.
You haven't replied or even sent a message to say you have received the mail. I am pretty peeved with the whole scenario and your lack of customer interaction and NO PHYSICAL contact points makes your brand look like a fly by night garage operation.

On the forums some kind people sent me your support mail address and some info you released concerning the new IL2... You make it sound so easy to address client issues but the real world fact is that you want to hide behind your website and either don't want to or are not able to respond with any amount of end-user satisfaction.

This is frustrating as all hell and a slap in the face to people who legitimately buy software and are not at liberty to use it. Your software cannot tell the difference between a hardware upgrade and a wholly different machine.

Please can you respond to this... My second attempt to contact you. I would appreciate the service and it would go a long way to reducing my anxiety around... What has so far been an extremely expensive process both materially and emotionally.

You can contact me at my address above or call me on (No. Removed) or skype me NAME: (Removed)... Hell you can even use smoke signals for all I care, just please respond so we can get this issue resolved.

I would like: My activations "restocked" AND a way to not get into this needless situation again.

Many Many people are going to be upgrading their PCs in the coming weeks to be able to run this sim, It is my hope to tell them all when they are on the forums baying for blood that the kind people at Solid Shield sorted me out swiftly, easily and with no fuss...

Please give me a reason to like you.