PDA

View Full Version : Network card allocation / mapping

Gromic
04-05-2011, 06:50 PM
I've got two network cards in my system. The first one is configured for my internet subnet (router) and the second to my internal network. I can see both cards in the game's network settings and have therefore set the internet nic to be used. When I check port connections, I can see that the "internal" network adapter is being used instead of the configured internet adapter. On top of that, I've also got 3 virtual nics mapped to virtual machines.

I can only get online if I deactivate all nics, physical or virtual except for the internet nic. Then and only then will it work.

Again, regardless of which card I map within the game, cod does not use that card.

This is regardless of whether I jump into multiplayer on client or server side. Anyone else having the same issues.

Cheers

Gromic
04-06-2011, 05:17 PM
Update

The conf.ini has an variable under the [NET] group called "localHost=" which points to the IP of the network interface that you choose within the game. Even though the correct IP (ie the IP of the interface with allocated gateway) is listed, CoD invariably uses a random interface.

I've done a temporary work around by writing a script that deactivates unneeded adapters when the game starts thereby forcing cod to use the one available interface left.

Cheers