PDA

View Full Version : Community support - protecting copyright

smokey
04-05-2011, 03:24 PM
Dear Luthier,

Clearly you guys have a lot on your plates right now, but I wanted to alert you to a worrying development.

I keep, completely inadvertantly, coming across sites claiming to have cracks available for Cliffs of Dover. I have no idea what you guys or Ubi are doing to tackle these thieves/scammers, but perhaps it would be a good idea if you would put a link up with a contact resource we could report these to when we find them?

Clearly we cannot post the links on the forum(s), but it would only take a minute or so to copy them to a form as we come across them......

S!

Smokey.

Alien
04-05-2011, 04:22 PM
+1

Alien
04-05-2011, 06:04 PM
Damn! Look for YouTube, there are about 10+ ,,movies" about how to crack the game. They all should be deleted and authors should be banned!

bongodriver
04-05-2011, 06:13 PM
Damn! Look for YouTube, there are about 10+ ,,movies" about how to crack the game. They all should be deleted and authors should be banned!

carefull.....apparently trying hard to defend this sim will get you banned too

Armatian
04-05-2011, 06:15 PM
As in almost every software, i don't think that people that download pirated version would buy it. Well i have cracked versions of some of my purchases, but i wouldn't rise alarm for the normal course of things.
You can attack reporting direct download links, that are link protected, as they tend to last longer, but the copy protection circumvent, i don't share the idea.