04-05-2011, 02:57 PM
me:(
How many, full stop, cant even get into game, or past the menu's
How many more?
regards
Josh

t4trouble
04-05-2011, 03:31 PM
I can run it in Dx9, somtimes still get the black screen with audio in the background.Its still not running great,we'l have to see with the new patch
on the way does it improve any.Fingers crossed or hold on to your nuts :cool:

Doc_uk
04-05-2011, 04:32 PM
I can run it in Dx9, somtimes still get the black screen with audio in the background.Its still not running great,we'l have to see with the new patch
on the way does it improve any.Fingers crossed or hold on to your nuts :cool:
Well from what i read, about new patch, it just addresses performance issues
I hope im wrong:(

Waaagh
04-05-2011, 05:10 PM
Can´t play the game full stop. Missions don´t load, clicking certain buttons causes hard crashes (this seems to be quite erratic too), and if a mission loads the performance is abysmal. How this got out into the market is beyond me. They say Arma was broken at release, but compared to this, it was highly polished.

Somewhat disappointed, 1C

Jewcookie
04-05-2011, 05:18 PM
Well, maybe you can post your system specs instead. "I just can't play.."

Perhaps there are some things you can do when we know your configuration.

Doc_uk
04-05-2011, 06:32 PM

maby if you care to look through these forums you will find my Specs
Anyways i can now play

and this is what i did to get mine to work
I did a clean install of steam and Cod, then did this
And these are from other members, so i dont take no credit for them

1) Browse to your game folder and find the folder 'redist'.

I found mine here :C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\redist
Reinstall everything in that folder direct x, net framwork4, and anything else
and i then did this
Go to 'conf.ini' and change 'Render=D3D10_0' to 'Render=D3D9_0
Then i restarted my computer, and the rest is history, i was in
performance isnt great, but im sure the patches will sort that out..
regards
josh

Avala
04-05-2011, 10:30 PM

It has nothing to do with the configuration. The simulation is just not finished yet.

Fltlt_HardBall
04-05-2011, 11:31 PM
I'm not happy that my 7950 GX2 isn't supported. It's a 1gb card. I'm running XP so I'm limited to DX9, anyway. I just get the splash screen, then nothing. Maybe there's a technical reason not to support 7-series cards, but it's very disappointing.

major_setback
04-05-2011, 11:42 PM
I've only got it running twice :-(

I usually see the desktop only.

PeterPanPan
04-05-2011, 11:54 PM
I am managing to play with decent frame rates over land and sea now (80+ fps over sea sometimes), with few stutters. The trick for me was to simply select the lower screen resolution from the GUI. It means I now have a letterbox screen, but that's fine with me if it means I can play the game. I'm hoping the patch will allow me to revert to max screen res, but we'll see ;)

This is/is going to be such a great game. It's such a shame it launched with such problems. Not the birth Oleg was looking forward to, I'm sure.

tf_neuro
04-06-2011, 04:57 AM
I can play but I have to lower the resolution to 2400x600 (800x600 x3 monitors) and then the game looks horrible

If I set the resolution to my usual 3840x1024 (1280x1024 x3) the game runs as a very fast slideshow, even on low settings

(For comparison: I can run Rise of Flight at 3840x1024 with medium-high settings and everything works fine)

zapatista
04-06-2011, 05:15 AM
The whole thing just stinks. Oleg is deafening by his silence.

if you had paid attention prior to release time you would know why

a fixed release date was only announced about one month prior to the recent russian release date. oleg around the same time was voicing his frustration and distaste at the way business priorities (which must have been his project funders, ubi) were making release decisions in complete disregard of the development stage the programming team was at (ie they still hadnt finished optimizing the game and were still bug fixing)

at the time many optimists (including myself) thought we might just have some bugs with some objects like planes and issues with dynamic weather being unfinished (and a lack of optimized anti epilepsy filter as it soon became apparent). once released however in the last few weeks we can clearly see they needed more time on some major other issues, probably a couple of months at least (aside from the anti epilepsy filter). blaming oleg for releasing it in that condition doesnt make sense, in fact the way SH5 was released unfinished by ubi, and never fixed btw, you can thank your lucky stars that oleg and his team will keep trying to fix BoB/SoW for the coming months until it works right. not many ubi products have such a dedicated team behind them and can say the same.

then again you might be a gen Y who believes milk is made in the supermarket factory and just crying for something you want will instantly put a cosmic tit in your mouth to feed you

in the real world however, unless you have a couple of million to put into this for development money (which as a gen Y you probably think "somebody else should do"), you are entirely dependent on oleg's professionalism and dedication to try and make the best of a very difficult release schedule controlled by ubi. when you express your frustration, at least direct it at the right target. under the less then ideal release situation another alternative would have been to make it a public beta (like DCS did with their A10 sim recently), ubi sales drones however in their ignorance would have seen that as a public confirmation they were releasing unfinished and incomplete products (which would affect their sales image for other games), so in their predictable stupidity they decided instead to release another unfinished product (like silent hunter 5 and a few others) and simply pretend nothing was wrong.

tf_neuro
04-06-2011, 05:28 AM
uh... OK, im the new guy, here, not trying to tell anyone what to do but... wouldnt it be much better if we just ignored pointless whining instead of responding with personal attacks? Just wondering...

zapatista
04-06-2011, 09:28 AM
uh... OK, im the new guy, here, not trying to tell anyone what to do but... wouldnt it be much better if we just ignored pointless whining instead of responding with personal attacks? Just wondering...

agreed :)

the constant negativity towards oleg and Co gets a bit tiring after a while, most of it is misplaced (or in tree-uk's case deliberate)

the release was premature, sure, but it is ubi's mess. oleg is the one who will be left to fix it and solve the problems, attacking and blaming him makes no sense and just compounds the problem

jimbop
04-06-2011, 09:51 AM
Yeah, pointless thread given the imminent patch and lack of system specs in posts.

Doc_uk
04-06-2011, 02:58 PM
Yeah, pointless thread given the imminent patch and lack of system specs in posts.
Jimbop, why dont you try checking all the treads in tec suport, you will find most people in this topic have allready posted there spec, included me,
i just wanted to no how many were still unable to play

So take your pointless reply and go post some were else
have a nice day
regards
josh

Fredfetish
04-06-2011, 06:39 PM
Me and I bought the game on steam and dvd...
Restraint...

reggiane
04-07-2011, 06:03 AM
After many many many crashes the program only once managed to let me fly for a few seconds whohoo ...then it crashed big time (the game and the plane).
Biggest problem is it's a steam game so I cannot even complain that the game is on my bookshelf gathering dust waiting for a decent patch or two.

Doc_uk
04-07-2011, 09:51 AM
After many many many crashes the program only once managed to let me fly for a few seconds whohoo ...then it crashed big time (the game and the plane).
Biggest problem is it's a steam game so I cannot even complain that the game is on my bookshelf gathering dust waiting for a decent patch or two.
Hey M8..
have you tryd all of these?
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=20769

Fredfetish
04-09-2011, 12:36 PM
Me and I bought the game on steam and dvd...
Restraint...

Working...

jackdaw
04-09-2011, 06:33 PM
For me game is is still not flyable. I think I've the grafic driver problem gents talking about in other thread.
Anyway game its till now quite disappointing.
:confused:

system: (card: gtx 460, xp-p, Veriton T661, Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9300 @ 2.50GHz)

Tree_UK
06-09-2011, 11:13 PM
agreed :)

the constant negativity towards oleg and Co gets a bit tiring after a while, most of it is misplaced (or in tree-uk's case deliberate)

the release was premature, sure, but it is ubi's mess. oleg is the one who will be left to fix it and solve the problems, attacking and blaming him makes no sense and just compounds the problem

Have you actually purchased this game yet Zap, last I heard is that despite all the Oleg licking you've been doing you still refused to buy the game. Oh and just to let you know Oleg is long gone, over a year and a half ago according to Jason at 777.

P.S what did those grubby shorts of yours taste like??

Tree_UK
06-09-2011, 11:18 PM
if you had paid attention prior to release time you would know why

a fixed release date was only announced about one month prior to the recent russian release date. oleg around the same time was voicing his frustration and distaste at the way business priorities (which must have been his project funders, ubi) were making release decisions in complete disregard of the development stage the programming team was at (ie they still hadnt finished optimizing the game and were still bug fixing)

at the time many optimists (including myself) thought we might just have some bugs with some objects like planes and issues with dynamic weather being unfinished (and a lack of optimized anti epilepsy filter as it soon became apparent). once released however in the last few weeks we can clearly see they needed more time on some major other issues, probably a couple of months at least (aside from the anti epilepsy filter). blaming oleg for releasing it in that condition doesnt make sense, in fact the way SH5 was released unfinished by ubi, and never fixed btw, you can thank your lucky stars that oleg and his team will keep trying to fix BoB/SoW for the coming months until it works right. not many ubi products have such a dedicated team behind them and can say the same.

then again you might be a gen Y who believes milk is made in the supermarket factory and just crying for something you want will instantly put a cosmic tit in your mouth to feed you

in the real world however, unless you have a couple of million to put into this for development money (which as a gen Y you probably think "somebody else should do"), you are entirely dependent on oleg's professionalism and dedication to try and make the best of a very difficult release schedule controlled by ubi. when you express your frustration, at least direct it at the right target. under the less then ideal release situation another alternative would have been to make it a public beta (like DCS did with their A10 sim recently), ubi sales drones however in their ignorance would have seen that as a public confirmation they were releasing unfinished and incomplete products (which would affect their sales image for other games), so in their predictable stupidity they decided instead to release another unfinished product (like silent hunter 5 and a few others) and simply pretend nothing was wrong.

Earth calling Zapatista, Oleg has Gone.... long ago.

major_setback
06-09-2011, 11:37 PM
I can't play at all. As soon as gameplay starts he game minimizes and I can't open it up from the tab at the bottom of the screen.

robtek
06-10-2011, 08:21 AM
Maybe your graphicscard is on strike, avoiding heavy duty work? :-D :-D :-D

Winters
06-10-2011, 12:08 PM
crashing at menu, simply nothing to do, game is so F up. Don't have any problems with any other game I own... So I decide to sell this piece of c..p.

Faustnik
06-10-2011, 07:50 PM
Can not start the game with the Launcher. :(

W7 64Bit
i7
GTX570
8RAM

SPITACE
07-13-2011, 01:22 AM
thanks for the info doc uk i will give it a go after reading all the posts on the forums they are saying the same thing to get the sim to work :)

AMVI_Superblu
07-13-2011, 03:38 PM
Can't see where all those problems come from.. i can run it propely without major issues (performances).
You just need the right PC to run it...
try to run i.e. modern warfare 2 on a PIII 300Mhz... you think it'll run ??? :rolleyes:

PaulWF
07-20-2011, 04:37 PM
I can play until i lose the sound. Which usually happens within a 10-15 minutes.