PDA

View Full Version : Sight's keep fading out.

mr71mb0
04-05-2011, 02:15 PM
Has anyone noticed how the aiming sights fade out ( I presume they are supposed to fade a bit because of the lighting) but they will quite often disappear completely for upto 10 seconds and then reappear again.

NOTE, they will reappear even when the lighting (attitude to the sun etc) hasn't changed, so I don't think it's intentional fading.

Specs in case it matters;

Windows 7 64bit
AMD 5870 - Latest Drivers
4GB Ram
Quad Q6600

Winger
04-05-2011, 02:18 PM
Has anyone noticed how the aiming sights fade out ( I presume they are supposed to fade a bit because of the lighting) but they will quite often disappear completely for upto 10 seconds and then reappear again.

NOTE, they will reappear even when the lighting (attitude to the sun etc) hasn't changed, so I don't think it's intentional fading.

Specs in case it matters;

Windows 7 64bit
AMD 5870 - Latest Drivers
4GB Ram
Quad Q6600

Just use the dimmer when sun gets too bright...

Winger

mr71mb0
04-05-2011, 02:33 PM
I have tried that and as I already explained, it disappears and reappears on it's own even if I don't change my angle of flight to the sun etc, the amount of light on the sight shouldn't be change.

Or to put it another way, even when my cockpit is in complete shadow (sun is under the airframe) the sight will disappear and reappear.

Jotaele
04-05-2011, 03:00 PM
Are you sure you have it turned on? (ALT+L) If you see it in blue, then it´s turned off, and its more easily fade out.

mr71mb0
04-05-2011, 04:11 PM
Or to put it another way, even when my cockpit is in complete shadow (sun is under the airframe) the sight will disappear and reappear.

^^^^^

The lighting isn't changing inside the cockpit, there would be no reason for it to fade out and even if there were it should stay faded out, not fade back in when NOTHING has CHANGED in the lighting.

Strike
04-05-2011, 04:15 PM
Are you sure you have it turned on? (ALT+L) If you see it in blue, then it´s turned off, and its more easily fade out.

I believe this is the solution...

mr71mb0
04-05-2011, 04:48 PM
I believe this is the solution...

I will double check this then.

I still don't understand how it can fade in and out though, surely that's not right?

mr71mb0
04-05-2011, 04:49 PM

it's not blue, it's orange.

SacaSoh
04-05-2011, 05:10 PM
it's not blue, it's orange.

I have the same issue, the sight fade out sometimes, even without changes in sun ilumination... i will test at night and see if it happens, maybe the video card is running out of VRAM and can't provide power to the light bulb... :)

mr71mb0
04-05-2011, 05:13 PM
I have the same issue, the sight fade out sometimes, even without changes in sun ilumination... i will test at night and see if it happens, maybe the video card is running out of VRAM and can't provide power to the light bulb... :)

Ahhh... Finally, a wingman. :)

SacaSoh
04-05-2011, 05:34 PM

Also i have a hd6870 and latest drivers.

PhantomLord
04-06-2011, 10:42 AM

Let me be... your number three :grin:
It´s annoying loosing gunsight while closing in on the enemy.

Maybe this ALT+L "trick" will work. Will try this out tonight.