View Full Version : Dots

Wolf_Rider
04-05-2011, 12:48 PM
:cool:

aircraft (in the distance) dots seem to be well done

lensman1945
04-05-2011, 04:14 PM
..I love the dots:-P

seriously..the distant aircraft are rendered nicely:)

O_TaipaN
04-05-2011, 04:30 PM
How does it work exactly? If you have a better resolution will you get a BIGGER dot that is in proportion?

Or will we have that silly thing that used to happen where people dropped their resolution to make the dots bigger and easier to see?

jg27_mc
06-11-2011, 01:54 PM
I have to say I am not currently happy the way dots work in CloD.

Comparing to the old IL-2 they (dots) magical appear/disappear, instead of what we can experience in 1946, where there's a more smooth transition.

But the most annoying thing present in CloD, is that we can spot dots at a distance (and see them well) but as soon as we are closing the objects they become very hard to see, and they ultimately completely disappear (like spits in 1946) to become visible (again) much more closer to you.

It could be my system or the lack of AA, but this cloacking device is one of the biggest immersion killers present in the simulation.

Anyone sharing the same thoughts?

PS: Nevertheless LOD in the new simulation is superior to 1946.

Redroach
06-11-2011, 02:04 PM
I have to say I am not currently happy the way dots work in CloD.

Comparing to the old IL-2 they (dots) magical appear/disappear, instead of what we can experience in 1946, where there's a more smooth transition.

But the most annoying thing present in CloD, is that we can spot dots at a distance (and see them well) but as soon as we are closing the objects they become very hard to see, and they ultimately completely disappear (like spits in 1946) to become visible (again) much more closer to you.

It could be my system or the lack of AA, but this cloacking device is one of the biggest immersion killers present in the simulation.

Anyone sharing the same thoughts?

PS: Nevertheless LOD in the new simulation is superior to 1946.

never seen anything like this in CoD.

jg27_mc
06-11-2011, 02:24 PM
never seen anything like this in CoD.

Damn... Worst reply I could get! :confused:

Probably something to do with my system/definitions then... Any tips/hints on how to solve it?

Regards.

Here are my graphic card and in game definitions:

http://imageshack.us/f/837/cccs.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/f/815/clodj.jpg/

Qpassa
06-11-2011, 03:45 PM
I agree with you mac, they dissappear a moment to be another kind of dot( a plane, the black plane with shape)

jg27_mc
06-12-2011, 06:18 PM
How is that affecting your online combat action?

I am always struggling tho find the dots/planes instead of actually fighting... :evil:

jg27_mc
06-12-2011, 10:01 PM
I dont have any problems getting into engagements online in the Repka 1 server, when it isnt disconning everyone. Before it crashed today I got jumped by two 109s and shot them both up bad enough that they called it quits and flew home. Too much fun when it actually works...

Rgr!

I found that it's easier to see dots (could be placebo) in the small dogfight maps. In the 1:1 map it's a lot more difficult to spot them and I'm always experiencing (out of the blue) disappearing dot's... AI planes?

Another annoying thing it's all the micro stutters 1:1 map have comparing with the smaller ones.

Cheers.

Blackdog_kt
06-13-2011, 12:01 AM
This has been talked about at some point, they said that compared to IL2:1946 it should be easier to spot aircraft close by but also easier to lose sight of them when they increase the distance.

I actually like it, because it's very similar to many real life accounts from those days: everything is hectic and then all of a sudden the sky seems empty and both sides disengage.

This creates much more believable sorties by making it easier to have inconclusive encounters, whereas in older flight sims once contact was made it was usually a case of "one side wipes out the other completely" which is not what routinely happened in reality.

jg27_mc
06-13-2011, 03:34 AM
This has been talked about at some point, they said that compared to IL2:1946 it should be easier to spot aircraft close by but also easier to lose sight of them when they increase the distance.

I actually like it, because it's very similar to many real life accounts from those days: everything is hectic and then all of a sudden the sky seems empty and both sides disengage.

This creates much more believable sorties by making it easier to have inconclusive encounters, whereas in older flight sims once contact was made it was usually a case of "one side wipes out the other completely" which is not what routinely happened in reality.

Share the same thoughts, although not the way it's implemented in the actual simulation.

I mean... It should be harder to notice a plane at a distance, where it's actually easier... the hard thing is, when at some point, the approaching dot fades away to invisibility (at least to my eyes) to became visible again much more closer.

visible at distance (dot) --- not visible (somewhere during the approach) --- visible again (when it's closer). Pretty much like Spits where working in 1946 even with 8xAA (don't know now with the new patches and all...). Ridiculous if you ask me, and completely defies logic. :confused:

Other think I really dislike is the way dots magically disappear when I'm looking fixedly at them... Don't know at this point if this is due to the server scripts shutting off AI planes. CloD doesn't have that sort of transition/fade (until the dot becomes invisible because of the distance) we have in 1946, where it really does a good job simulating the increasing distance between the observer and the dots.