PDA

View Full Version : So how is the radar control going. Any good?

Feathered_IV
04-05-2011, 11:07 AM
I'm not really able to play CoD yet. Hoping the almost-here patch will help though. In the meantime I've been swotting up on videos and tutorials.

One thing I haven't heard any mention of is working Radar in either single player or multi player modes. Oleg mentioned some time ago that it would be featured, so I wonderd how it's going and if it's up to expectations. Can you request a vector or be guided to an intercept to a position of tactical advantage? Or is it just icons visible on the game map? Does the operator have a voice, even online? I'm hoping it will be a significant part of gameplay, seeing as it was so crucial to the conduct and outcome of the battle.

Hopefully the radar is a well modelled feature. I was disappointed to hear that bomber crews are purely decorative and don't fulfil any tasks. Fingers crossed that Chain Home is more than one side being granted the use of map icons. Any info would be gratefully received!

;)

PeterPanPan
04-05-2011, 02:21 PM
Good question. Radar was high up on my list of new things to look forward to, seeing that it played such a crucial role in the battle. Assuming it is not in the current release, I can only assume we will have to wait some time for it ... but you never know ;)

Raggz
04-05-2011, 03:06 PM
The radio commands are broken so it's impossible to check requesting. But in single player i do get information on enemy planes with map vectors.

Example: Enemy bombers in E5, altitude 2000.

Not 100% correctly written but it's something like that.

Feathered_IV
04-06-2011, 10:19 AM
Thats a shame. It sounds like radar didn't make it into the game after all.
I did get a sort of controller vector when flying solo over water. A voice began speaking without introducing itself and belatedly stated the position of the enemy that was just comming into gun range. :rolleyes:

doghous3
04-06-2011, 10:48 AM
I'm not so sure it didn't make it into the game. As mentioned, the radio commands are borked at the moment.

In the mission builder, you can certainly place radar on the map as an object..