This was my system;
Windows7 x64 ultimate
12 GB memory 1333 MHz
Asus p6x58 motherboard
A fast 10.000 rpm hdd 300 GB.
GeForce 295 1,532Memory
Track IR 5
Saitek x52.

I tried every complexity mode and only low video setting did give a good but not great results, 20 to 30 fps average.;)

Then I changed my Graphic card for a GeForce gtx580 same memory.
I tried again all video settings and very high one did give me 40 to 50 fps:-P average. One exception the flying over London at very low altitude, 10 to 20 Fps ;) average.

For me the numbers of Buildings is a little problem.

I let you try to get to some conclusion.

Have a nice day.:grin:

pupaxx
04-05-2011, 11:07 AM
Cpu?

Triggaaar
04-05-2011, 11:17 AM
Then I changed my Graphic card for a GeForce gtx580 same memory.Why did you go for such an expensive graphics card when so far the advice is to get more video memory? Wouldn't you have been better with a 6950/6970 or one of the nvidias with extra ram if you prefer nvidia?

senseispcc
04-05-2011, 11:36 AM
My procesor is a I7 975 3.7Ghz

Why did I change! Because I could and also it is the one with the best result on many benchmarks. The 590 is not yet avaible in my country.
And why not a ATI one? I do not like them had bad experiences with them.

etzi
04-05-2011, 11:41 AM
Frames are not the problem with fast video cards.

I have the same frames with my 6970. That does not alter the fact that the stuttering is still there, especially over land.

senseispcc
04-05-2011, 11:55 AM
Yes, it is still there but not a lot of it. I shall call it micro stutter.
Did you see it when you are not looking inside the "front" of the cockpit !!!

etzi
04-05-2011, 12:04 PM
Did you see it when you are not looking inside the "front" of the cockpit !!!

What do you mean?

The stuttering is always there, both in the cockpit, as well as the exteriors. But in the cockpit, it is particularly bad.

senseispcc
04-05-2011, 12:41 PM
What do you mean?

The stuttering is always there, both in the cockpit, as well as the exteriors. But in the cockpit, it is particularly bad.

No, there is less stuttering when I look left or right from inside the cockpit than looking in front. Full details model for the inside of a cockpit. I sould say the fly instruments are part of the problem ! Or maybe not?:)

bongodriver
04-05-2011, 01:03 PM
No, there is less stuttering when I look left or right from inside the cockpit than looking in front. Full details model for the inside of a cockpit. I sould say the fly instruments are part of the problem ! Or maybe not?

Yes I can say I have the same happening, look to the side and there is less stutter

Prop~Strike
04-05-2011, 01:26 PM
Yes I can say I have the same happening, look to the side and there is less stutter

Have you guys turned off the mirror (Press M)?

That could be messing with your forward view - I pick up about 8fps if I switch it off.....could be causing the stutter.

bongodriver
04-05-2011, 01:35 PM

yes I tried that and it does make a slight difference too, and it's just as well because the mirror is pretty crap for now, lots of weird stuff going on with it.

senseispcc
04-05-2011, 01:57 PM

That could be messing with your forward view - I pick up about 8fps if I switch it off.....could be causing the stutter.

It was off with the old graphic card but now it does not make a big difference.:)

Have a lot of hours of flight.

sfmadmax
04-05-2011, 02:25 PM
It was off with the old graphic card but now it does not make a big difference.:)

Have a lot of hours of flight.

So Senseipcc, you like your nvidia GTX580? It handles well you would say. I was looking at purchasing one!

Just to add to the hype, I've spent some time reading for example on AMD 2GB GPU cards, like the 5970.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/11/14/geforce_gtx_580_vs_radeon_hd_5970_2gb_performance/3

senseispcc
04-05-2011, 03:38 PM
So Senseipcc, you like your nvidia GTX580? It handles well you would say. I was looking at purchasing one!

Just to add to the hype, I've spent some time reading for example on AMD 2GB GPU cards, like the 5970.

I like Nvidia, this is because I always work with Intel CPU's and it is a natural combination or so it seems. Most of the games some time ago did work better with Nvidia than with ATI but it change quickly. The GeForce gtx 580 is a great card the fastest for this game and without any change in drivers.

Buy what you can afford and do like. Sorry but this game at this stage of development needs a big CPU a lot of memory and a very very fast graphic card.

Maybe with the next and first patch.

One last note, do not change from Nvidia to ATI if you do not want to change your OS "operating system".

Have a nice day.

rfxcasey
04-05-2011, 03:54 PM
I think many people are jumping the gun so to speak. The game is not exactly finished and the optimization is pretty bad right now which had been confirmed. Just give the devs time to work out the kinks. All this extra work you guys are doing, scrambling around to squeeze every last ounce of performance will probably turn out to be in vein and you will see much better improvements once a few patches are released. Patients is a virtue as they say. You've waited this long, you can wait a few weeks or months more. In the end all these little hickups and bumps in the road will all become a fading memory.;)

sfmadmax
04-05-2011, 05:04 PM
I like Nvidia, this is because I always work with Intel CPU's and it is a natural combination or so it seems. Most of the games some time ago did work better with Nvidia than with ATI but it change quickly. The GeForce gtx 580 is a great card the fastest for this game and without any change in drivers.

Buy what you can afford and do like. Sorry but this game at this stage of development needs a big CPU a lot of memory and a very very fast graphic card.

Maybe with the next and first patch.

One last note, do not change from Nvidia to ATI if you do not want to change your OS "operating system".

Have a nice day.

Sure you can change your video. from nvidia to ati. You must be sure that the nvidia drivers are completely uninstalled before doing so. or else you get bsod :P

senseispcc
04-05-2011, 05:05 PM
I think many people are jumping the gun so to speak. The game is not exactly finished and the optimization is pretty bad right now which had been confirmed. Just give the devs time to work out the kinks. All this extra work you guys are doing, scrambling around to squeeze every last ounce of performance will probably turn out to be in vein and you will see much better improvements once a few patches are released. Patients is a virtue as they say. You've waited this long, you can wait a few weeks or months more. In the end all these little hickups and bumps in the road will all become a fading memory.;)

It is more and more difficult to present a finished game of this calibre. Yes there should be one or more patches. This is the most beautiful air wargame I did play, I played a lot of them begining with "Battlehawk 1942" and then one day not so long ago "IL2 sturmovik". :grin::-P

Avala
04-05-2011, 09:26 PM
Yeeeees!!!

There is hope! I will be able to play CoD in 3 years time (when earn so much money for the computer :P )