PDA

View Full Version : Steam Cloud - custom setting & controls etc??

MadTommy
04-05-2011, 11:31 AM
Hi,

The game uses Steam Cloud, saving all your settings etc so you can use the same setup on any PC.

Well this is not a feature i will ever use.. i have one gaming PC and i won't be flying this sim on anyone else's PC.

I also understand that to make custom changes to ini files, for them to stick, cloud must be disabled.

So that is/was my plan.. disable Steam Cloud as i have no need for it.

BUT.. when i disable Steam Cloud i loose all my present settings, i will have to reset up all my controls, which tbh is a pain in the ass. (And doesn't make much sense why it happens)

Does anyone know how i can avoid this? surely my local PC must have these settings stored?

Thanks for any help.

Wolf_Rider
04-05-2011, 11:41 AM
it is a sync'ing sevice (especial for moving to machines in different locations)... latest change takes precedence.

its no different to sync'ing email and contacts between the iPhone/ Blueberry/ smartphone, etc and PC

MadTommy
04-06-2011, 08:19 AM
No one noticed this or found a way around it?

JG52Uther
04-06-2011, 08:22 AM
Once cloud is off it should stay off I think,so there is no way it should change your settings.

MadTommy
04-06-2011, 09:02 AM
I suppose i'm just gonna have to bit the bullet, turn cloud off and re-setup everything..arse. :(

ustahl
04-06-2011, 04:56 PM
Is there really no way to copy/save the settings from the Steam cloud to your local machine? :(

I, too, would like to do everything locally offline, as I'll never play CoD anywhere else but on my home desktop.

Cheers
-ustahl

SsSsSsSsSnake
04-06-2011, 06:09 PM
i switched of cloud and deleted the game then installed it again and its all good now.