PDA

View Full Version : Multi Core !?!!?

Hidamen
04-05-2011, 09:10 AM
Hello All,

I've just tried the configuration below on my box and i still have a huge stuttering.

My CPU is a Amd phenom 2 x4 965 black edition.

I see 0 changes on the performance !!!!

Does anyone know how to fix it !

This worked for me and thought I would share it for you all to try as well.

1) Turn anti epilepsy filter off:

Go to C:\Users\[username]\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover

find conf.ini and

In [BOB] section in write this line:
AntiEpilepcy = 0

2) The game only uses 1 core, to use several cores:

In [rts] section uncomment ProcessAffinityMask= and use these values:

2 cores - 3
3 cores - 7
4 cores - 15
6 cores - 63
8 cores - 255

etzi
04-05-2011, 09:25 AM
2 cores - 3
3 cores - 7
4 cores - 15
6 cores - 63
8 cores - 255

You are not the first one with this suggestion dude!

The AM doesn´t work right. You can try and watch - no big differences!

Hidamen
04-05-2011, 09:30 AM
I just hope that they fix it !!!

Otherwise it'll be a unplayable game for AMD users :/

[]'s

Tvrdi
04-05-2011, 09:31 AM
then why we are advised to use this AM with settings of 14 or 15 for quads when its not working for some? pfft what a mess

Wolf_Rider
04-05-2011, 09:34 AM
no-one has advised anyone to use the mask... it has presented as a "this may help" and most haven't been clear on what cpu's they was running

schnorchel
04-05-2011, 09:38 AM
I think 1 imprtant thing is there has 2 confg.ini files. one in the folder of the COD installed. the other is located in user/XXXX/mydocuments/1C SoftClub/il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover/. the latter is the one the game actully use. so make sure you change the setting in the latter one rather than the former.

etzi
04-05-2011, 09:39 AM
Look at the FSX forums. The change of the AM setting often results in a loss of frames.

I think 1 imprtant thing is there has 2 confg.ini files. one in the folder of the COD installed. the other is located in user/XXXX/mydocuments/1C SoftClub/il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover/. the latter is the one the game actully use. so make sure you change the setting in the latter one rather than the former.

Sure, I have provided that!

Hidamen
04-05-2011, 09:41 AM
I've changed on both files.

minus10
04-05-2011, 09:45 AM
As has been stated by Luthier, the game does use all four cores, and from what I have seen with a performance monitor sitting on a second screen he is right. While the load may not yet be ideally spread, core 0 gets more work than most other cores, some work is off loaded. It's a known issue and part of the optimisation process to come, so yes, not ideal now, but no need to live without hope/cliff jumping just yet.

I'd also say, that CPU does not seem to be a limiting factor for many of the performance issues we are seeing, and again, Luthier has identified the cause of some of the worst and the patch should help a lot.

Intel Core2 Quad Q6600@2.4Ghz, 3 GB DDR2, Sapphire Toxic HD5850 2GB, Win7 32 bit.

A modest system, I'm sure you'll agree. Enjoying flying. Just wish they'd credit my kills in defence of Blighty.

Hidamen
04-05-2011, 09:58 AM
Well ...

I have also rise of flight (the best WWI air sim) and it runs with 0 stuttering on top configs ....

I hope that this fix really use the cores properly and also the advantages of the 64 bits, this proc is supposed to run anything and fast .... btw it's overclocked with a super cooler on it 4k ghz on each core !!

[]'s

Tree_UK
04-05-2011, 10:34 AM
There is obviously a problem with the multicore functioning probably but Luthier seems optimistic for a fix pretty soon, I think this along with SLI support will be a big step in the right direction.

Hidamen
04-06-2011, 03:48 PM
Does anyone have any idea when the fix patch will be on the neighborhood ?!

!?!?

DutchFox
04-06-2011, 04:51 PM
Next friday, probably: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=20565