PDA

View Full Version : French video game review of CloDo

Oktoberfest
04-05-2011, 08:48 AM
... Says it all..

http://www.jeuxvideopc.com/test/48377-il-2-sturmovik-cliffs-of-dover.php. Translate with google.

Cheers.

Hooves
04-05-2011, 09:00 AM
this says nothing. He has an Old rig running windows XP and he complains alot. I can tell you that I think this game is amazing. I cant wait for MP to get straitened out. but until them I'm flying around bashing in 109's seamlessly, because I have a rig that can take it.

Sorry to have to tell you all this but, your going to have to update you rigs when games that challenge it come out.

I7
GTX480
WIN7 64
6Gig ram

esmiol
04-05-2011, 09:05 AM
the test is not negative... it only said the true.... it is unplayable at this moment. exept under water.

and when you said that you have to upgrade your computer for a new sim it is true... but here at the moment the config is not the problem in COD. with all setting low you must be able to make it run with a least an One year old computer with no sluttering or low FPS. at this moment you can't

when this problem will be solved...COD will be the ultimate sims of WW2. (there will be work again with bug...but it is secondary...all game have bugs)

TheSwede
04-05-2011, 09:11 AM
the test is not negative... it only said the true.... it is unplayable at this moment. exept under water.

Damn I´ve tried and tried to get it to run smooth over water! ;)

Thx for the tip. *Throws SH5 in the bin*

;)

esmiol
04-05-2011, 09:13 AM
lol sorry i make a mistake :) i would say above water lol

Oktoberfest
04-05-2011, 09:18 AM
this says nothing. He has an Old rig running windows XP and he complains alot. I can tell you that I think this game is amazing. I cant wait for MP to get straitened out. but until them I'm flying around bashing in 109's seamlessly, because I have a rig that can take it.

Sorry to have to tell you all this but, your going to have to update you rigs when games that challenge it come out.

I7
GTX480
WIN7 64
6Gig ram

He gave the result of his test. Unplayable. And messy. He keeps an open view stating that he hopes improvement will come with patches AND he didn't give a grade to the game. Which is AGAIN VERY KIND from a professionnal video game reviewer point of view. Maybe he should have given the grade the game deserve in its actual state ?

Baron
04-05-2011, 09:19 AM
The same as hardware reviewers using a 3-4 year old rig with outdated software to test the 6990 or 590.

What an amateur.

Nothing "professional" about it.

etzi
04-05-2011, 09:19 AM
It is what it is.

More does not say the test. In contrary, we have to be grateful, that no rating is given and the test should be repeated later.

jibo
04-05-2011, 09:32 AM
the test says nothing and the guy runs the game under WinXP

also only a handful of not so funny guys on C6 forum call it "Clodo" which means bum, not the "community"

bongodriver
04-05-2011, 10:41 AM
also only a handful of not so funny guys on C6 forum call it "Clodo" which means bum, not the "community"

I recently read some posts on a IL2 modding site, it's amazing how evil some 'fellow flight simmers' sound, litterally celebrating the apparent inevitable death of this sim and worse still picking its broken corpse to rob its components in the hope they can use it in IL2 mods.......nice

Pbs
04-05-2011, 10:53 AM
I am professional game journalist (work with one of the most popular russian game journal), so i can say this guy is not pro. DX9 is supported but strongly not recommened by devs. His game machin is pathetic. He did not see this game at all, so he write about nothing.

Oktoberfest
04-05-2011, 12:50 PM
I recently read some posts on a IL2 modding site, it's amazing how evil some 'fellow flight simmers' sound, litterally celebrating the apparent inevitable death of this sim and worse still picking its broken corpse to rob its components in the hope they can use it in IL2 mods.......nice

Yeah, modders are evil.... Do you know one modder is about to implement dynamic weather in IL2 1946 ? Do you know that now they managed to put working radars, triggers, etc ?

Now the day they manage to implement dynamic lightning in the game, which they eventually will do, CloDo could well end dead... Or alive, if it goes beyond alpha stage.

But it wont be because of modders or haters. It will just be because the product as it is now is not yet finished.

And talking about accuracy of their models... Did you see the figures published ? The Hurricane I is better in every domain than a Bf109. Welcome back to IL2 FMs, balanced, 100% historical and you is wrong.

bongodriver
04-05-2011, 12:54 PM
and you is wrong.

I must be because you say so....I stand corrected.

p.s. I didn't mention anything about modders being evil, just referred to 'fellow flight simmers' but I guess I dare not correct you because I am so wrong

p.p.s. I am a modder myself for a different sim, couldn't give a shit if my work is perfect or not, I like doing it and hope other like it too, nothing to do with scoring points.

senseispcc
04-05-2011, 12:54 PM

I7
GTX480
WIN7 64
6Gig ram

Really it is the best air simulation game ever. There are some bugs and you need a really big and powerful PC. Otherwise this is the best.

Have a nice day.

jibo
04-05-2011, 01:13 PM
Now the day they manage to implement dynamic lightning in the game, which they eventually will do, CloDo could well end dead... Or alive, if it goes beyond alpha stage.

Oktoberfest buy a new computer, install the game, and stop this senseless rant

Baron
04-05-2011, 01:25 PM
Yeah, modders are evil.... Do you know one modder is about to implement dynamic weather in IL2 1946 ? Do you know that now they managed to put working radars, triggers, etc ?

But it wont be because of modders or haters. It will just be because the product as it is now is not yet finished.

And talking about accuracy of their models... Did you see the figures published ? The Hurricane I is better in every domain than a Bf109. Welcome back to IL2 FMs, balanced, 100% historical and you is wrong.

And of course, since modders are the snizzel u will be able to run 1946 with dynamic weather and light with a Pentium4 and 8800 GT.

But of course.

Give me a break.