PDA

View Full Version : TrackIR limitation on Shift F1 view

666th_Lange
04-05-2011, 08:15 AM
Why is there a limitation when using the Shift F1 view (line of sight)?
If i press shift F1 to place the view in the line of sight of the recticle, TrackIR is limited to 30° looking up/down/letf/right. Shift F1 is not really needed in the Britisch aircraft but is really helpfull in the German fighters.
Any option to overcome this limitation?

335th_GRAthos
04-05-2011, 08:20 AM
I presume it was put there in order to increase the realism.

If you lean forward in order to look through the gunsight, you are not supposed to be able to move your head 180° degrees. It makes sense.

Allocate one handy button on your joystick for the shift-F1 This way, when flying, you can enter/exit the gunsight mode without trouble. That's what I do.

Raggz
04-05-2011, 08:53 AM
If you want the freedom don't use Shift+F1, lean forward in stead and you get the same zoom. It's just a bit harder to keep the aim. But with some practice you get the hang of it :)

Ataros
04-05-2011, 02:27 PM
With 6dof you can calibrate TrackIR to be centered on german gunsite btw.

meplay
04-05-2011, 02:30 PM
With 6dof you can calibrate TrackIR to be centered on german gunsite btw.

How??

IbnSolmyr
04-05-2011, 05:54 PM
Why is there a limitation when using the Shift F1 view (line of sight)?
If i press shift F1 to place the view in the line of sight of the recticle, TrackIR is limited to 30° looking up/down/letf/right. Shift F1 is not really needed in the Britisch aircraft but is really helpfull in the German fighters.
Any option to overcome this limitation?

It's totally normal, it's a realistic limitation. Nothing to see with the Track IR, it does the same with other methods.

Jotaele
04-05-2011, 07:11 PM
How??

move your head a bit in the oposite direction, and press resert tir view.then come back to your natural position... tachaaaannn, you are aligned with your gunsight.

II./JG1_Krupinski
04-05-2011, 08:42 PM
I presume it was put there in order to increase the realism.

If you lean forward in order to look through the gunsight, you are not supposed to be able to move your head 180° degrees. It makes sense.

Allocate one handy button on your joystick for the shift-F1 This way, when flying, you can enter/exit the gunsight mode without trouble. That's what I do.

In the game, this is "loosen shoulder straps".

The feature has nice "realism" benefits associated with it, such as your head shake is more pronounced. Pulling lead your head goes back ever changing your sight picture, changing roll direction knocks you side to side. These things would happen to you with loosen shoulders. One thing that wouldn't happen is not being able to turn your head 31 degrees, 45 degree, 85 degrees, etc.

In order to look behind you still have to lean forward. What "realism" factor is enhanced by limiting the user's view to only a 60 degree cone?

Why does it make sense to not turn your head? Also, the OP isn't talking about 180 degrees, he's talking about being limited to 30 degrees on either side of the gunsight.

A bad side effect is that if you loosen the straps, and track a target that goes beyond the limits of the 30 degree view, switching back to a 'non' loosened state, your view often "jumps" to the position marked by your head making tracking a moving target extremely difficult, at best it's really annoying.

I think this feature has had the best intentions of possibly limiting the particular FoV gained by loosening the straps, but limiting how much you can turn your head is not the best choice.