PDA

View Full Version : Nvidia Control Panel settings (Geforce 570/580)

janik_dk
04-04-2011, 10:15 PM
So..

How is the Nvidia users setting up the Nvidia control panels settings for a Geforce 570/580 ?

I'm sorry if this has been covered somewhere, but i just read through 20 topics without finding anything..

I'm especially insterested in Anti aliasing and anisotropy filter...

...or perhaps its best to leave settings in Nvidia Control Panel and only set settings in-game?

666th_Lange
04-04-2011, 11:27 PM
As far as i know, you can't set anything through the nVidia Control Panel...yet...:roll:

pupaxx
04-05-2011, 07:45 AM
I set x8Q AA and x8 Aniso override mode.
ASAP I'll post some shots bef/aft. Not great improvement in image quality.
Cheers

Wynthorpe
04-05-2011, 08:11 AM
I set x8Q AA and x8 Aniso override mode.
ASAP I'll post some shots bef/aft. Not great improvement in image quality.
Cheers

It doesnt change anything! Ive played around with this for many hours.

JumpingHubert
04-05-2011, 12:36 PM
confirmed. you can change anything around antialiasing (AA). No effect. The only thing you can change is Anisotropic filter (AF). More than 2xAA ingame isnĀ“t working.

MadTommy
04-28-2011, 02:27 PM
Anyone had any joy getting the nvidia control panel to affect stuff.

Latest drivers & latest patch does not seem to have helped. AA seems not to be working in Nvidia, ingame does work a bit, but not perfect. I'm not sure what affect other Nvidia settings are having?

MadTommy
05-06-2011, 07:54 AM
The Nvidia control panel IS now affecting the game.

AA is still not really working as well as it should but other setting are having affect.

Example, I have VSync off in game and forced on in Nvidia and my fps is now limited to 60.

I'm not sure why AA is not working.. but Nvidia control panel is interacting with CloD via the launcher.exe.

This is what mine is currently set to:
http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/1772/nvidia1.jpg

Wolf_Rider
05-06-2011, 08:16 AM
Thanks for all that Tommy... may I ask if you have any of the Lockon/ Blackshark or A10-C (32bit) sims by DCS installed on your rig?

I've also noticed no COD Icon alongside the Launcher.exe entry

MadTommy
05-06-2011, 08:21 AM
Thanks for all that Tommy... may I ask if you have any of the Lockon/ Blackshark or A10-C (32bit) sims by DCS installed on your rig?

I've also noticed no COD Icon alongside the Launcher.exe entry

I have DCS A10 (x64) & BlackShark.. FC2 is not installed..

I used to have the CloD icon in the Nvidia control panel.. but recently it disappeared.. i assume during one of the beta patches.

I do also have a separate entry for DCS with different settings.. my DCS icon has also disappeared. Odd.. but both games seems to be working and are being controlled by different entries in the control panel.

Driver is 270.61.

EDIT: My mistake.. i have uninstalled BlackShark!! and for A10 I use the DCS.exe NOT the launcher.exe

666th_Lange
05-06-2011, 02:01 PM
@MadTommy: Why Gamma Correction set to "ON"? It's only affects OpenGL games...?

MadTommy
05-06-2011, 05:22 PM
@MadTommy: Why Gamma Correction set to "ON"? It's only affects OpenGL games...?

Yeah there is no need for it to be on....