PDA

View Full Version : Quick! Some mission builder make a video!!

Flyby
04-04-2011, 02:48 PM
What's the hurry? Well, the new optimizing patch is on the way, so I thought it would be good to have some before/after videos. Can someone use the mission builder to create this video concept: 50+ over London, with heavy (realistic-like) flak concentrations. One could then see the optimizing results and have a start point to compare the end point to.

I've always found certain missions lacking in IL2 when I had to reduce the flak settings (so flak guns fired at a leisurely rate) just to get decent frame rates. Ever try to fly against naval ships with flak set to look like what you see in the film clips. It was a slide show then. What is CoD going to be like in this regard? Intense flak is quite immersive, unless it's a slide show. How cool would it be to fly a bomber through stuff so thick you could get out and walk on AND at smooth frame rates?

I'd make such a video myself, but I don't have a system, or CoD. So I'm asking some mission builder(s) to make a quickie as described, and post your specs. Maybe missions could be shared and used on various systems. There is no Black Death equivalent yet, as far as I know, but I'm asking for intense flak anyway. Please?
thanks!
Flyby out

Flyby
04-04-2011, 11:42 PM
Yeah man! That's a cool idea. Glad you brought it up. I'm sure someone will want to test the effect intense flak has to frame rates. Ought to be some great videos being worked on right... ...about...now. :D
Flyby out.

baffa
04-05-2011, 04:28 AM
Well, I can save someone some trouble making the before video. With 50+ planes over London you'll get 1 stuttering fps!

Flyby
04-05-2011, 01:55 PM
Well, I can save someone some trouble making the before video. With 50+ planes over London you'll get 1 stuttering fps!
That should be seen as a problematic core issue. How much better the virtual pilot's experience if, flying as part of that 50+ bombers over London, and through dense flak he was looking at 30FPS? A top 5 priority? A swirling mass of bombers and fighters at altitude , and flak over London or RAF fields at 30 FPS as seen by a combat pilot. Another top 5 priority? Core priorities? I'd like a sim that gave me that; focused on it.
I can't wait to get my hands on CoD
Flyby out