PDA

View Full Version : CoD review at fz.se, link inside!

addman
04-04-2011, 12:38 PM
http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=sv&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=sv&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fz.se%2Fartiklar%2Fspel%2F20110 401%2Fil-2-sturmovik-cliffs-of-dover&act=url

ParaB
04-04-2011, 12:51 PM
"It is a shame. This is of course a very great flight simulator hidden, with a few lovingly re-created the classic aircraft. But while I see the comically misspelled, and choppy, out of sync radio talking slowly scroll down a third of the screen with giant red letters, I realize that this is a game that is far from finished. I find it hard to recommend buying it in the current situation."

I agree.

And he hasn't even mentioned dog-fighting bombers, non-working radio comms, bugged loadout screens, the woefully inadequate manual and a host of other problems.

I have spent 20+ hrs with the sim so far, I do see the potential and I've actually enjoyed quite a few moments with CoD, but the game should have never been released in its current state.

addman
04-04-2011, 01:15 PM
"It is a shame. This is of course a very great flight simulator hidden, with a few lovingly re-created the classic aircraft. But while I see the comically misspelled, and choppy, out of sync radio talking slowly scroll down a third of the screen with giant red letters, I realize that this is a game that is far from finished. I find it hard to recommend buying it in the current situation."

I agree.

And he hasn't even mentioned dog-fighting bombers, non-working radio comms, bugged loadout screens, the woefully inadequate manual and a host of other problems.

I have spent 20+ hrs with the sim so far, I do see the potential and I've actually enjoyed quite a few moments with CoD, but the game should have never been released in its current state.

I think everybody agrees on this.

Jediteo
04-04-2011, 04:55 PM
Very good review from Mr Nylund, he usually does the sim reviews for swedish PCgamer. I agree with his assessment of a diamond in the rough, a few bugfixes and optimisation and it should be just brilliant.

mazex
04-04-2011, 05:21 PM
Very good review from Mr Nylund, he usually does the sim reviews for swedish PCgamer. I agree with his assessment of a diamond in the rough, a few bugfixes and optimisation and it should be just brilliant.

Definitely a good review. and he very clearly write that his 3 out of 5 is mainly due to the bugs.