PDA

View Full Version : Answers to your questions

Evgeny
10-09-2007, 09:58 AM
Well, you've asked some questions in different threads, so there are the answers.

The system requirements for the game are:
2,2 GHz;
512 Mb RAM;
Video card of the level of GeForce 5600 or Radeon 9600;
Sound card;
2 Gb of free space at hard drive;
DirectX 9.0c.

The opportunity of scenario creation is implemented. There is a Custom Battle mode. For deeper customization the scenario editor is included in the game.

The random scenario generator isn't implemented, but there are battles, that need high tactics and complicated manoeuvres.

Thank you for your questions, ask more!

Evgeny
10-09-2007, 09:59 AM
Also, I asked the developers to release the screenshots without such zoomed view, but with the gameplay view, as you wanted.

EarlofWarwick
10-10-2007, 06:27 PM
Thanks for the reply, Evgeny. I'm happy to hear that we will be able to create our own battles --that's a big plus for us "wargaming types." :wink:

Metaldeath
11-13-2007, 07:58 AM
Thanks for infos,do you know if the game will be more optimized of medieval 2? cause that game is too slow on old pc when there are a lot of units...an old xp2600+ with a 7600gs and 2gb ram could handle xiii?

Evgeny
11-13-2007, 08:16 AM
The game is very well optimized and can work with very wide range of hardware. As for the req's (old xp2600+ with a 7600gs and 2gb ram), it will hadle XIII Century easily. Thank you for your questions.

Metaldeath
11-13-2007, 09:13 AM
Thank to you for your speed , when do you plan to release a beta-demo?
It's more easy to suggest corrections :)
now XIII is on my wishing list!

p.s.For me animations and graphics are on the same level of MTW2 I'll recommend you to cure the pathfinding of units in all type of grounds,for example in MTW2 the pathfinding AI sucks in forests or in complex castles,,it's very frustrating to see your knights blocked running against a stone-wall while enemies charge you ! and avoid cannons or powder !!! and another req naval ships,i know that i claim the impossible but if you can provide

- Good AI
- Naval Battles
- Decent multiplayer
- Good Replayability

This game will rock !

Evgeny
11-13-2007, 09:44 AM
Thank you for your advice. As for the beta-demo, it's certainly planned, i'll inform you when i get some more info on it. Stay tuned! :wink:

Metaldeath
11-17-2007, 08:39 AM
Can you post some images of the interface panel of the game ?or a video of a skirmish instead that zooming screenshots ?

Irish_PXzyan
11-17-2007, 04:55 PM
Yo.

ive been keeping an eye on this for awhiel now. But I dont really know much about it. For example....will there be a campaign?
If so..what will it be like?? Like M2TW??? or you just do battle after battle??

WIll the game be like older RTS games..where you start a new game..build your houses..warehouses...mines..get yourself a barracks and stables and slowly build up your forces..or will it be just a simple method like M2TW?? pick your units and off you go?
If it is like that..I must say..its a BIG step for anyone to go up against the highly successful CA for there TW series! What do you hope to get out of this?? From what I have seen..It looks so so so similar to M2TW!

Judgeing from the videos, the cavalry with the lances look a bit off! they all just barge through each other without bounceing off other horses or anything...and the numbers just dropped and dropped in seconds!! iam not to sure about that!

BEST part of the clip was when heavy infantry were fighting each other...the pushing and sliceing..looks like some hollywood material going on there! very impressed with that! But of course..how often will you see the same animations?? like in M2TW...the thing that I hated was seeing the same death animations over and over again and same hollywood style kills..it just got boring so quickly!

NOW..on a more technical note! How powerful will this game go...what I mean is...will this game use Shader Model 3.0??
Will it feature HDR??
Particles?
any kind of physics engine?
Post Processing?
DirectX10?

If I wanted to play the game on MAX settings..what system should I have to be capable of playing in on max settings?

Evgeny
11-21-2007, 05:55 AM
Here are the sys reqs.

Windows XP;
Processor: 2,2 МГц;
RAM: 512 Мб;
Video card of GeForce 5600 or Radeon 9600 kind;
Sound card;
HDD: 2 Gb;
DirectX 9.0c.

As for your question about ht e gameolay, the game is just a combat RTS, you don't have to build barracks and so on.
Thank you for your questions.

Evgeny
11-21-2007, 05:59 AM
Also, you can visit our site for this game and find out smth more.

http://xiiicentury.1cpublishing.eu/

DuxCorvan
12-07-2007, 08:52 PM
Will be there more factions and campaigns in the future, or just the five shown in the web?

Being a Spaniard, I miss Castile and Aragon. I also miss some muslim faction like Otomans, Ayyubids or Almohads; also Timurids, Sicily and Byzantium, Genoa, the Hansa... any of those would add even more colour and variation to the game.

The game looks very deep and promising, I'm very interested on it.

Evgeny
12-10-2007, 06:25 AM
Well, actually, I can't tell you anything on this right now, but I can tell, that we lay stress on the online part of the gameplay, it's the main point of the addon.

Nemesis
12-21-2007, 06:08 AM
Well, actually, I can't tell you anything on this right now, but I can tell, that we lay stress on the online part of the gameplay, it's the main point of the addon.

online part sounds good!!! Do you have any facts? At least many maps and 4 players versus 4 players are important.

pikemaster
12-30-2007, 05:09 PM
i am an avid player of the total war series and i know very little relatively about this game. i have noticed some say it will have a multiplayer aspect but i have not seen if it will have multiplayer from the game reviews i read.

will the game have a multiplayer aspect?

if it does this would be a grand opportunity to grab a strong customer base from the total war community as many are very dissatisfied with how the mp community has been neglected there.

the ingredients are all here for the making of a grand multiplayer game so long as the network coding is done properly. the problem with the last two big games (rome and m2) from creative assembly is that they used a horrible network coding which made it difficult for various kinds of isps and firmware to be compatible with when accepting packets of information.

other problems came from an unexplained battlemap lag, desynchs, log on failed, cannot join game.

a large amount of the problem is that the former games customer base demands a lot of eye candy (single players) while the other demands balance, good connection and no lag. (mp)

of course with feb soon on its way i would doubt this comment would be too late to taken into consideration.

Evgeny
01-10-2008, 07:03 AM
There is a multiplayer so you can buy the game and enjoy it.

Leonidas
01-26-2008, 05:03 AM
Will there be a swiss faction? If not, will there be swiss pikemen, or swiss guards? These were a very powerful military force of the era.

Evgeny
01-28-2008, 08:51 AM
Well, actually, the majority of famous events concerning swiss army. They became significant military power in XIV century. That's why the swiss won't be presented.

wayspooled
02-07-2008, 01:59 PM
Is there cooperative multiplayer of

1) human team vs human team and ideally also
2) human team vs AI? (Total Annihilation, C&C Tib Sun 2, Warcraft I-III, Supreme Commander, Comp of Heroes, etc.)

It's a beautiful looking game. I'd love to buy it if it had option 2 above. Me and a million others plus most of the MTW community hehe..

briny_norman
02-11-2008, 06:43 AM
The biggest issues (game-breaking issues, actually) for me with the Total War series, are the exaggerated kill-rates and unit-speed.
As far as I can judge from the videos, XIII suffers from the same issues.
Will it be possible to mod these things? Can we tone down the kill-rates and unit-speeds ourselves or are these tings hardcoded?

Over all, though, the game looks interesting - and it's nice to see Activision getting some competition.
Good luck!

Evgeny
02-11-2008, 07:15 AM
Hi. The game is planned to be sold with the editor and the set of tools. The thing you've mentioned can be tuned in scripts.

briny_norman
02-11-2008, 09:17 AM
Hi Evgeny,

Thanks for a quick answer!
Sounds great that the game will be moddable and include editors.

I probably should have worded my question a bit differently, as the "issues" I have with kill-rates and unit speeds in some games are due to my personal prefences more than anything else and is not necessarily shared by the majority of customers.

It's impossible to satisfy everybody, so the real issue here is whether a game will allow the player the ability to fine-tune the gameplay to his/her own prefences, either through in-game settings or high moddability.
If XIII allows extensive modding of the combat model (as I understood from your answer) everything will be fine from my standpoint and I will no doubt buy the game.

By the way, any update on an expected release date? (I know you're probably tired of this question, but please bear with me...)

MARIAN
02-12-2008, 08:32 AM
Is there cooperative multiplayer of

1) human team vs human team and ideally also
You may play human team vs human team (3 vs. 3)

noah
02-19-2008, 05:16 PM
Hi Evgeny,

The game looks very interesting. Do you have any information regarding when it will ship?