View Full Version : Enemies are nearly invulnerable BUG

JG1_Luckystrike
04-03-2011, 11:16 PM
Enemies are nearly invulnerable

U always have to kill the pilot first

Bombers almost never burn in flight!!!

Rattlehead
04-03-2011, 11:22 PM
Well, I've shot down a few bombers already, without having to kill any crew.

But I haven't seen any of them erupt into flames yet. :)

Strike
04-03-2011, 11:35 PM
perhaps edit the ammunition loadout to have more tracer rounds and incendiary :)

Fusek
04-03-2011, 11:37 PM
Indeed, play around with ammo settings. I've downed multiple bombers by setting them on fire. Also check your convergence and stick to it ;)

Tiger27
04-04-2011, 02:36 AM
Hit a blenheim just outside of the engine and you should see some flames, looks like there is a petrol tank there as it goes up quite well.

Wutz
04-04-2011, 11:14 AM
Oh bombers do light up, but it depends where you hit, also taking out the gunners not that big of a problem as in IL2 where one had the impression sometimes that the gunners where invulnerable.
Here some screenshots
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m290/RSS-Martin/screenshots/Br-20-Grill.jpg
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m290/RSS-Martin/screenshots/Rost-Defiant.jpg
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m290/RSS-Martin/screenshots/Sunderland-Putzen.jpg
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m290/RSS-Martin/screenshots/Wellington-rsti.jpg

What is bad though is that the Blenheims fly like fighters! They can out manouver a Bf109, as if the 109 where a cumbersome bomber!

Erkki
04-05-2011, 08:55 AM
"Its a BUG!"

http://www.thearchnemesis.com/images/bug.jpg

JG4_Helofly
04-05-2011, 07:15 PM
Ahhhh! it's porked!! ;)

You should try the fw200. It burns very quickly when you hit the wing.

esmiol
04-05-2011, 07:35 PM
i confirm... people who can't destroy bomber....learn to shoot :) it is wat i need to do in COD learn to shoot :)

it depends of ammo and where to shoot... sometimes i use all my ammo with nothing like result. and sometime i can burn it :)

one time with only ap and incend ammo... i just do a short burst on the wing of a HE111. and the fuel tank explode...

one time i was on the HE111 and I EXPLODE... i look my track... i don't see nothing... just a burst on the main part of my plane... i think...i is a bug...but when looking damage info i see that the little burst make explose one of my oxygen reserve :)

like we said... it is not because you sucks that it is a bug :D

JG1_Luckystrike
04-06-2011, 09:30 AM
i play il2 since the first day its out
i know how to shoot :)

1.JaVA_Sharp
04-06-2011, 09:48 AM
Do you also know that bullet damage and ballistic properties have been modelled to a far higher degree then in 1946?

Redroach
04-06-2011, 10:01 AM
In 1946, I've also put many, many bullets into enemy planes without bringing them down when flying a Hurricane or early Spitfire.

We're in 1940 now in CoD; even eight 303 machine guns are not always sufficient. There's no Me 262 with 4x Mk108 right now.

Hopping into a crate equipped with cannons if you want more punch is the best advice for now.

Ozelot.junior
04-06-2011, 10:23 AM
As already mentioned change ur ammo-settings. Then learn to shoot and u will see several
burning planes of the channel ;)

Conte Zero
04-06-2011, 10:30 AM
I didn't encounter that problem. Bombers and enemies get grinded piece by piece whan you hit them with a shower of bullets, and actually brun in flames pretty well and often...

609_Huetz
04-06-2011, 10:36 AM
They indeed are not too hard to bring down if you learn to shoot in convergence.

The only thing that bothers me is that even an engine fire / the whole cockpit engulfed in flames will not do any harm to the pilot currently. I have just waited until the fire extinguishes and kept on fighting quite a few times now.

In real life, you would be dead if you are not out of the cockpit by 10 seconds according to a pilot's quote on a documantary somewhere on youtube. Even if that could be considered as a doubtful source, anyone with reasonable common sense could agree that you want to get out of the cockpit as fast as possible and not wait until the fire is out in R/L ;)

Something to be fixed hopefully.

BernieBrown
04-06-2011, 12:04 PM
lol i got the opposite.

i can fly over under besides a group of Henkels or other bombers and i get no significant damage. i was flying at the same speed and i was so close i could see the boardgunners aiming at me...
but they seem to aim like shit and after 5min. i got like one or two bulletholes??? damage set to realistic...
that said its obvious i can line up easy and shoot them down one by one.

did i miss something? a unchecked option or was it just bare luck?
i cant help the feeling that there is something wrong with the boardgunners AI!

mcmatt
04-06-2011, 12:43 PM
I think now is more realistic then in IL2. In IL2 gunners in bombers were snipers. And kills vs AI was just too easy (4-5 kills with one ammo load is possible, but not every time).

JG4_Helofly
04-06-2011, 12:57 PM
In Il2 1946 the ammo seems to be more powerfull. But I think that it's due to the new DM. When you shoot at empty space (wing with no fuel tanks or some parts of the fuselage) you can shoot all day and nothing will happen. That's the interesting part. Now you have to aim at engines, fuel tanks etc. So it appears to be realistic.
Look at some gun cam footage. Most times multiple hits won't blow up a bomber. The internal damage is important.
In COD most times the AI bails out after some bursts even when there is no catastrophic visual damage.

David198502
04-06-2011, 01:23 PM
i have no problem to set bombers into fire.what i only managed once is to blow a wing off a bomber.that seems to be much harder than in old il2.
but i still dont know how to change ammo or convergence and save it.it seems that my changes do not save.