PDA

View Full Version : Realistic bombing

Sauf
04-03-2011, 12:02 PM
Anyone had any luck in working out the detonators when dropping from 109? None of mine seem to explode, am hitting ctrl+w to arm :confused:

Thx

LeLv30_Finwolf
04-10-2011, 10:22 AM
I've managed to bomb with it. I've set a key to arm the bomb and then just bombs away - however, I've yet to learn fiddle with the timers as if I come on low-angle (not divebombing) my bomb will skip and bounce a long time and far away before exploding.

On divebombing the problem doesn't occur as you come on such a deep angle that they won't skip - but it still takes a while for them to detonate - will try to figure out it later on. (so much other things to figure out).

I've bombed with Bf-110 and Ju-87 successfully. If I remember right, I did to so too in Bf-109.

- Finwolf -

sfmadmax
04-10-2011, 03:49 PM
same here. I can ARM and drop the bombs however they explode a few seconds after hitting the ground. I mapped keys to modifying the fuse timers however I don't think I'm doing it right. Need help :(

Blackdog_kt
04-10-2011, 05:23 PM
I think you can't modify the timers while mid-flight. What you can do in flight is:
Select salvo or single release in the Blenheim

Select individual salvo options (1,2,3,4, etc, bombs) and spacing (one bomb every X meters on the ground, obviously you need to set up the bombsight with the correct TAS and altitude for this to work) in the German bombers

Select which bombs to drop in the Stuka (centerline rack, wing ranks or all of them)

plus arm them in all of the above cases.

If i'm not mistaken, the delay detonation fuse is handled under the load-out screens just like the ammo belting for the guns.

Also, the Stuka has a default 15 second delay to allow you to clear the blast. Not a big deal against buildings and static targets but something to keep in mind when attacking moving targets like ships or vehicle convoys.
For vehicles aim slightly ahead of them along their travel path. Ships move slower so you probably don't need to lead them as much, just aim for the bow and by the time they detonate they will probably be under the center of the ship.

Eklund89
04-11-2011, 08:16 AM
I have tryed the stuka with realistic bombing. I choose the semi-AP bomb, SD 500 E, set the detonators to c50 (5) what ever that means. 0 sec charge delay? i guess detonation on impact.

I fly @ 2000m arm the bombs, set the drop at 750 and extend the airbrake and dive. bombs drop at 750 m hit the ground and nothing. no explosion.

When i set realistic bombs of they explode on impact. what am i doing wrong?

sfmadmax
04-13-2011, 12:36 AM
I'm going to bumb this thread,

Anyone have any insight on bombing? seems there are a few of us already wanting to know.