PDA

View Full Version : steam or game making me lose my internet con

SsSsSsSsSnake
04-03-2011, 07:25 AM
when i try to join mp or create one it says cant connect to steam server then when i come out the game i have to reboot the modem and pc otherwise cant get on the net,dam annoying

MadTommy
04-03-2011, 08:37 AM
hmmm.. i was having weird internet issues yesterday. Was having a fly off line and I kept on loosing connection to the net.. for maybe 30 - 60 seconds.

I didn't connect it to the game, but these internet issues were unusual. I wonder if it was the game causing it... i'll keep an eye out of it. The reason i knew it was happening was TS kept dropping..and when i checked the internet had dropped.

I assumed it was my isp.. but you have me wondering now..

JZG_Con
04-04-2011, 01:04 AM
i have no servers at all tried about four times today and yesterday , bought via steam ..any ideas

Thee_oddball
04-04-2011, 01:49 AM
i have no servers at all tried about four times today and yesterday , bought via steam ..any ideas

thats because there are no servers :( some of us are hosting just look for the post and enter the IP manually :)

Goanna
04-04-2011, 01:54 AM
There's also some bug with Steam not being able to find any servers too.. Luthier said it was a Steam problem.

Cheers

Goanna

JZG_Con
04-05-2011, 06:41 PM
There's also some bug with Steam not being able to find any servers too.. Luthier said it was a Steam problem.

Cheers

Goanna

oh no , does that mean no servers for us ..if bought via steam . any news on that sorry tobe a pain i love online combat ..hyperlobby ..:rolleyes:

Blackdog_kt
04-05-2011, 06:53 PM
First of all, no matter if you bought from Steam or a boxed edition they all use Steam for multiplayer. Apparently, that is not working currently.

However, multiplayer is not exclusive to Steam. Look in your game folders and you'll find the sim's manuals in PDF for several languages. Go to the multiplayer chapter and you'll see that while Steam is used for mutliplayer, flying online is not exclusive to Steam.

So, if Steam doesn't get the ball rolling on this one we can still join directly by entering the server's IP address (i tried it the other day and it works fine), plus it will also be possible to use 3rd party software like Hyperlobby (the manual clearly says that).

I think that even if the Steam-integrated server browser worked as it should, there wouldn't be too many servers up at this early point: a lot of people still optimizing the game, we are waiting for some major patches, the western hemisphere doesn't have the game yet, etc.

Long story short we can use whatever we want, it's just a matter of time before multiplayer starts rolling properly. ;)

II./JG1_Krupinski
04-05-2011, 09:22 PM
An actual problem I've seen with multiplayer is that if I connect to someone else, and then we for what ever reason disconnect (even a good disconnect), we cannot reconnect to each other (either in original they host, or if I try to host) unless we restart the computer or change port settings.