PDA

View Full Version : Dog fight maps

Thee_oddball
04-03-2011, 02:44 AM
I tried for several hours today to make a custom DF maps that would allow spawn points just like 1946...but it was useless :( I cannot just place a airfield or runway with out all these AI showing up where i designated spawn points and rolling down the runway and taking off and circling the base....or just sitting there as targets or even better spawning in water or the side of a mountain and exploding :(

I put in some enemy AI to test the AA and they killed all the spawn points... i cant believe after 5+ years of development that this is what the basic MP looks like....why in the world would you make a MP that is worse than your original product? ...yes there are ALOT of new objects but the over all playability is is bad!

Yes i am complaining...its is one thing for there tobe teething problems with the game but this is just a glaring oversight...and on top of that the MP maps look like ....cartoony ...this is supposed tobe the BOB not some cartoon version of the axis and allies and yes i know there are 1/2 1/4 BOB maps coming but that does excuse the half hearted attempt at making decent MP maps i mean look how much time was spent on the channel map!

I know the game is improving and will get better over time but the fact that the MP (in game) is so limited in basic function is bad...not to mention they said a dedicated DF software Would be included in the release (and is not) just adds to the frustration.

/rant

scorpac
04-03-2011, 08:55 AM
im totally with you mate... the system of Bases to spawn in manually is the best way to make a Multiplayer... the actual system makes me not want to play the game in any way (beside of all the other bugs and mistakes made).

so if the MP doesnt change the way to a way which is like the old IL2 this game will not even last the half time of the time which il2 lasted.