PDA

View Full Version : CoD Steam - issue with installing Directx

twopots
04-03-2011, 02:26 AM
Has anyone else encountered this problem?

I've downloaded the sim via Steam, and when I hit play, it says it's installing DirectX 1 - 5 ... and sits there. I left it for approx an hour and it just sits there with the steam dialog as above. Very frustrating!

Running DXDiag tells me I have directx V. 11 ... so I'm guessing that I should be up-to date.

Any idea's?

I might try installing from another PC and see how that goes.

twopots
04-03-2011, 02:47 AM
OK .. seems like this thread is where it's at.

Particularly Deadstick's posts .. same system as mine ... trying his tips. Thnx m8! :)

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=19874&page=2

twopots
04-03-2011, 04:35 AM
The tip to install the DirectX from the redist folder has no effect for me. When I try to launch the game in Steam it just sits there on updating Direct x 1 -5 (steps I presume).

Went away to the garbage dump (1.5 hour round tip) and checked the screen when I got back. It hadn't budged.
Contemplating a symbolic trip to the dump to dump this game. Why are sims in particular so prone to birth pangs like this? (rhetorical question!) :(

twopots
04-03-2011, 05:44 AM
Update .. went into task manager and stopped DXSetup*32 (I'm running Win7 64 bit system) and all the other bits then setup ok (I assume so). Now when I try to start I get initial setuo installing 1 of 1 (DirectX).

How do you circumvent DirectX install? Most games with an older DirectX I just don't install the DirectX. Either Steam is poxy ... or IL2 CoD is because I don't have the option to bypass this buggy piece of ~*&#TEP@#&*y6 ... ok .. lost it there for a moment .. calm (deep breaths!).

Fjordmonkey
04-03-2011, 07:51 AM
Have you tried downloading the latest DirectX redist directly from Microsoft and installed it before you launch CLoD? Not sure if it'll help, but worth a shot.

twopots
04-03-2011, 11:14 AM
thnx m8!

I installed .Net 4 and windows update downloaded a security patch for it as well .. also did what you suggested and now at least I get to the point where I can load a quick/training mission ... but the mission starts without me I think. I can hear the engine running and it responds to my throttle inputs and eventually crashes, but all I see is the mission load splash screen! Well, it's a baby step anyways!

Thnx again mate! The odessy continues,

Cheers

Fjordmonkey
04-03-2011, 11:16 AM
Excellent :D One step closer :D

What you can try now is to go into the graphics-options and disable grass, then reload the mission and see if THAT works.