PDA

View Full Version : Full Mission Builder Takeoff Problem

oxygenthief
04-02-2011, 10:35 PM
Earlier today I decided to create a mission with a single 109 parked on an airfield so I could go over engine starts and takeoff / landing.

this went well after a short time of fiddling

however this afternoon I decided to change the mission time using the custom button on the single mission screen in game, I changed the time and the amount of cloud.

This is where the weirdness starts, i start the mission and my plane which previously had always started motionless now starts facing in a different direction and skidding across the airfield (bear in mind I haven't changed anything in the full mission builder so the mission should be unchanged only the time and clouds should be different.

Undeterred I opened the folder where my mission was stored and deleted it and proceeded to make a new one in the mission builder. Now it is impossible for me to have the aircraft motionless on the ground at mission start. Despite having set it to take off and seeing the map icon change to a takeoff icon, and despite the alt set to 0 and speed to 0 this aircraft always starts in the air.

Started over with a fresh mission and tried again a few times with a few different things checked and it was always the same.

Ideas anyone ?

mcler002
04-10-2011, 01:29 PM
Change the time back to 12:00!!!?

sfmadmax
04-10-2011, 03:52 PM
just fyi, i think its a bug. I have probably spent half of my time in the mission editor. When you start from takeoff.. I noticed my plane will skid slowly to one side. Kinda like its turning. I'm sure it will get fixed!!!

Rattlehead
04-10-2011, 07:17 PM
and despite the alt set to 0 and speed to 0 this aircraft always starts in the air.

I had the same problem, but I didn't change any settings. :confused: One minute I could take off, the next minute I couldn't...starting in the air instead.

I never found out why...I had to delete that mission and build a new one.

Derinahon
04-11-2011, 01:00 AM
This may be obvious, but have you checked altitude and speed are set at zero? Right click the aircraft/waypoint > Properties > Waypoint tab.

Edit: Oops yes you said that :oops:

ATAG_Doc
05-03-2011, 07:12 PM
I know nothing about FMB but tried it last weekend. But when I did the mission the AI did it and I only had outside view of the plane.

Extreme_One
05-03-2011, 08:34 PM
Did you check the realism options to ensure that "Realistic takeoffs and Landings" are allowed?

Mine suddenly reverted back to default settings, had me scratching my head for a while trying to work out why my mission wasn't working.