PDA

View Full Version : All I see is my desktop when the game is running.

major_setback
04-02-2011, 06:28 PM
I can load the game OK, and also adjust game settings from the appropriate places, but when I click on 'play' all I see is my desktop.

I hear all the sounds, and the plane is flying (for a fleeting moment I managed to get visuals, but they disappeared again after I configurated my joystick).

I tried windowed and full screen, all possible resolutions, as well as changed my desktop resolution to all possible resolutions, but all I see is my desktop. I hear only the game sounds.

Alt tab doesn't hep, I only get my desktop.

Settings are all set very low.

Have restarted comp' numerous times.

major_setback
04-02-2011, 09:52 PM
It is working now.

I had partly disabled AVG previously in order to get the game to start
"Originally Posted by Danny M NL:this one can be easily fixed. just add rendobj.dll to you PUP exceptions in avg. that should fix it.."

Now I totally disabled it and it worked. The trouble is I can only disable it for max 15 minutes.

WoW the game is laggy!!! Even on minimum settings, no grass etc.

nearmiss
04-02-2011, 10:44 PM
Someone mentioned a tool "ALACRITY" to disable some services that may conflict with BOB COD.

The AVG has been mentioned many times.

I forgot the tool, but I recall we used to use those types of applications to free up resources for MSFT Flight Simulator and BOB II WOV. It was just a given... shut down services to enjoy.

RocketDog
04-03-2011, 09:31 AM
I set rendobj.dll as a PUP exception and it runs fine with AVG still active. No need to turn it off.

major_setback
04-03-2011, 02:49 PM
I set rendobj.dll as a PUP exception and it runs fine with AVG still active. No need to turn it off.

No!

For me it won't work when AVG is set with that file as a PUP exception (and I did set it up correctly).
Maybe it will work for some people, but for me there was no visual, only sound.

I had to totally disable AVG for the game to work.

Believe me I tried it over and over and over...

Yes, it allowed me to access the game settings, but that was all.

major_setback
04-03-2011, 02:54 PM
Someone mentioned a tool "ALACRITY" to disable some services that may conflict with BOB COD.

The AVG has been mentioned many times.

I forgot the tool, but I recall we used to use those types of applications to free up resources for MSFT Flight Simulator and BOB II WOV. It was just a given... shut down services to enjoy.

That sounds similar to FS Autostart, which would shut down (and recommend) unneeded programs and services, and restart them after gaming! It would only work up to a certain amount of memory I believe (1 gig?). I used it all the time about 4-6 years ago. I don't think it is around any more.

major_setback
04-03-2011, 04:10 PM
:-(

I spoke too soon.

For some reason I can't get any visuals whether AVG is disabled or not. It worked for a half an hour only yesterday. Today it won't work at all. Sound is all I get.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, I am just about to give up on this game (until I buy a new computer).

proton45
04-03-2011, 05:14 PM
:-(

I spoke too soon.

For some reason I can't get any visuals whether AVG is disabled or not. It worked for a half an hour only yesterday. Today it won't work at all. Sound is all I get.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, I am just about to give up on this game (until I buy a new computer).

I have been reading around this topic, and it seems to me that you might try the fix found on page two (about half way down) on the LINK I added below...I know that this fellows symptoms are not "exactly" like your own, but switching to a DX9 render might solve your issues. Give it a read....

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=19936&page=2

bigchump
04-03-2011, 06:17 PM
I had that same thing hearing the sounds, etc. while stuck on the desktop.
Upgrading my Nvidia drivers to 270.51 beta fixed the problem.
Hope this helps.

major_setback
04-03-2011, 07:08 PM
I will try those solutions in a couple of days, when I get time.
Thanks!

major_setback
04-07-2011, 09:22 PM
The graphics driver update didn't help. Now I can't see visuals at all (they worked occasionally before).
I'll try the direct x9 fix later.