PDA

View Full Version : Basic questions about first training mission

davedontmind
04-02-2011, 04:45 PM
Being fairly new to flight sims, I'm starting at the beginning, trying the "Introduction to Flight" training mission.

The instructor tells me to "head to the next ring". What is this ring he's talking about? Am I supposed to see something to head towards? I see nothing obvious anywhere.

Secondly, sometimes he gives me a direction, such as "fly to the ring heading 060", how on earth do I know which way that is? I see no compass...

Blakduk
04-02-2011, 10:57 PM
I found it hard to understand what he was talking about at first as well- just ignore him for a few seconds until he says 'Turn right now' and then follow his direction.
You will eventually see an orange & yellow circle flashing in the air- head towards it and then listen for his directions again.
Just be prepared for his demonstration of how to kamikaze into the ground when he takes over if you miss the circle!

Hanzu
07-12-2011, 10:48 PM
I have hard time completing this simple first training mission in
SINGLE PLAYER->TRAINING->Introduction to Flight

Problems:
The flight instructor gives bad advices. Tells me to turn left then a circle I'm supposed to fly through is much closer to the right side and vice versa. Sometimes he gives positive feedback but they come with such a delay that you never know what you did ok and what not.

Nothing happens when I fly through the colored circle. Are they supposed to vanish like in TRAINING->Landing mission?

What part of the circle I should aim for. Since the flight instructor never accepts my performance. No matter how centered I try to be in the circle.

I have completed the harder trainings after this. So I can't be complete failure. So some tips please or I am forced to thing this has stopped working in latest patch. :)

I have tried both Easy and Realistic difficulty.