PDA

View Full Version : hearing sound but crashes to the desktop

Ceeray
04-02-2011, 02:46 PM
I just installed the game.

Ran DX installer because it crashed on first time.
Ran other installation files which reported all already installed.

Set up game preferences etc. Does not use Cloud+community.

Game starts to load and when reaches 100% ( I tried quick missions) it just drops to deskto but sounds are still there, pilots talking and engines running.

Task manager shows its running but I still cannot enter the game, or at least I do not get visual feed..

Win 7 64bit, 4Gb ram, Q6600 oced to 3,2GHz , 5850 AMD, SB soundcard ( gamer edition or sumthin..) Abit IP35. Newest drivers all around, I just made reinstallation of Win7 2 months ago. Saitek rudders + X52Pro.

Catalyst 11.2

Tried to run at 1920x1200 , medium settings all around , no AA.

Any help? I would like to even test this one out..

kyletiernan
04-02-2011, 03:11 PM
happened to me too, looks like this game doesnt like overclocking your gpu, i downclocked back to the original clock speeds and it ran then.

Mauloch
04-02-2011, 03:16 PM
According to Luthier, if you're getting 100% load before picture goes black you need to turn grass detail off.

major_setback
04-02-2011, 06:22 PM
Same problem here.

I tried windowed and full screen, all possible resolutions, but all I see is my desktop. Alt tab doesn't hep, I only get my desktop.

Settings are set very low on most things.

angrueo
04-02-2011, 07:04 PM
I had the same problem, and was solved setting my gpu OC a little lower. This game is pretty demanding on Vram and it pushes gpu to the edge (due to bad optimization I supose)

Cheers.

major_setback
04-02-2011, 07:48 PM
I had the same problem, and was solved setting my gpu OC a little lower. This game is pretty demanding on Vram and it pushes gpu to the edge (due to bad optimization I supose)

Cheers.

No overclocking here (if that's what you mean).