PDA

View Full Version : Windows problem "Launcher has stopped working" means I can't start the game.

major_setback
04-02-2011, 10:23 AM
I have not yet got the game to work. Every time I try I get this message:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y129/major-setback/prob01.jpg

I have re started my computer 20 times, but it doesn't help. If I try to start the game from the desktop icon I get the same message.

It seems to have installed ok.

Fjordmonkey
04-02-2011, 10:38 AM
Unless you've already tried to, verify the game's game cache integrity.

major_setback
04-02-2011, 11:36 AM
Ok, I found this for 'Verifying game cache...' within Steam.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335

I'm trying it now.

Edit: Result all files 100%.

I still have the same problem.

Niggly_Neil
04-02-2011, 12:33 PM
Did you find a solution to this ? I've got the same problem, tried the suggestion above but didn't work

major_setback
04-02-2011, 01:15 PM
No. It won't start.

I have asked at Steam support. Awaiting a reply.

Just quietly waiting. Somewhat depressed.

Niggly_Neil
04-02-2011, 02:36 PM
I asked them on Thursday evening still no reply, I've also tried the UBISoft support as well again no reply.

JG52Uther
04-02-2011, 02:54 PM
There are a couple of threads here already about it,with some things to try that might help.Have a look in the 'Technical threads' sub forum.

major_setback
04-02-2011, 03:55 PM
There are a couple of threads here already about it,with some things to try that might help.Have a look in the 'Technical threads' sub forum.

I have disabled AVG antivirus, if that is what you mean. I have some access of the game now, but not when AVG comes back to life (temporarily disabled 10 minutes).

I have not been able to fly yet. Will see how it goes.

major_setback
04-02-2011, 04:04 PM
One of those links I think you meant JG52Uther

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=20323

Still trying to see if I can get it working. Unfortunately I have to turn AVG off all the time to to anything in CoD.

Thanks for the information! Ill keep working at it.

JG52Uther
04-02-2011, 04:47 PM
Yes mate.There are also threads about making sure you have installed the other programmes that come with the game (net 4 etc)

Danny M NL
04-02-2011, 05:19 PM
this one can be easily fixed. just add rendobj.dll to you PUP exceptions in avg. that should fix it.

major_setback
04-02-2011, 06:19 PM
this one can be easily fixed. just add rendobj.dll to you PUP exceptions in avg. that should fix it.

Thanks.

Now all I need to do is fix another big problem and maybe I can start flying soon.

Silvuca
04-02-2011, 06:57 PM
Hi Major,

I have the same problem. It's really frustrating...I tried all the tricks found in the forum without solving it. I reply Steam to refund me! I don't know if it is possible. In the meantime I'm looking forward for any suggestions.

:-x

major_setback
04-02-2011, 07:45 PM
Hi Major,

I have the same problem. It's really frustrating...I tried all the tricks found in the forum without solving it. I reply Steam to refund me! I don't know if it is possible. In the meantime I'm looking forward for any suggestions.

Did you disable AVG antivirus? Try turning off Resident Shield in AVG. If that works then look at this posted by Danny M NL: this one can be easily fixed. just add rendobj.dll to you PUP exceptions in avg. that should fix it. .... so it will not block the game.

I haven't got the game working yet, but for other reasons.

I can at least get to the settings pages now, which I could not do before.

Divebomb
04-02-2011, 10:07 PM
Hi Major,

steam do not give refunds. ever.

Shadylurker
04-05-2011, 07:21 PM
Steam has nothing to do with this problem, the problem is the game or possibly the DRM. I had the game working perfectly, made some changes to my user config.ini messed it up deleted it to regen a new one and ever since then I have the same problem (yea it did regen it) even if i uninstall and re-install. The only possible thing steam could be screwing up is the cloud content, it still messes up with that disabled.

I'm not going to lie, I am going to "Acquire" another "Version" of the game and I will bet it will work like a champ. (in respect to this problem)