PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading for CoD

Cpt_Farrel
04-02-2011, 06:03 AM
Just a couple of perhaps dumb questions that I would appreciate some help with :)

I'm considering a computer upgrade for CoD and I'm wondering what the most important upgrade would be... I've got 4gb of RAM and seeing other posts I'm guessing there's not need to upgrade that at the moment.

What about graphics card vs. CPU? I've got an NVIDIA GTX260 and an Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8500 @ 3.16GHz

Back in the days I used to know about these things but I've lost track completely the last 5 - 10 years...

Thanks in advance!

jayrc
04-02-2011, 06:15 AM
Right now alot of people on this forum are saying i5 2500k cpu and 2gb graphics card 6950/70, SSD, to get decent performance, I think once they optimise it, will work on lesser systems. I would wait like me for a couple patches before upgrading, but please buy the game to show your support:grin:

FlushMeister
04-02-2011, 06:19 AM
I think you would be fine with a new graphics card, for the moment COD doesn't stutter for people with graphicscards with 2gb RAM, so I would recommend a Radeon HD6970 card with 2gb ram for now. I'm using a 5870 in my mac pro and i get around 40-50 fps if I didn't have the stutter (it has only 1gb of ram).

Good luck!

Cpt_Farrel
04-02-2011, 10:01 AM
Right now alot of people on this forum are saying i5 2500k cpu and 2gb graphics card 6950/70, SSD, to get decent performance, I think once they optimise it, will work on lesser systems. I would wait like me for a couple patches before upgrading, but please buy the game to show your support:grin:

Agreed! Pre-ordered even and will have it on Monday :)

Flushmeister - thanks for the advice I'll have to look into that!

Cheers! / Anders