PDA

View Full Version : gtx 580 crashing with artifacts with this game.

ARGH
04-02-2011, 03:16 AM
just wondering if others with this card have experienced something similar. i cannot play the game as it stands. the screen will pause and get flooded with white artifacts that almost look like the $ symbols. if i don't alt-tab out it might freeze the system. nvidia control panel says the driver stopped responding and has recovered.

i can max the game out with this card @ 1080p but the crashing is really getting to me now.

lbuchele
04-02-2011, 03:33 AM
just wondering if others with this card have experienced something similar. i cannot play the game as it stands. the screen will pause and get flooded with white artifacts that almost look like the $ symbols. if i don't alt-tab out it might freeze the system. nvidia control panel says the driver stopped responding and has recovered.

i can max the game out with this card @ 1080p but the crashing is really getting to me now.
Try the new 270 beta drivers.I never experinced a crash,only sttutering an not so good performance...
Waiting for the patch.

ARGH
04-02-2011, 03:55 AM
i have tried the new beta drivers. they crash more often than the official drivers.

other games never crash. but some do. i never understood why. i would have to rma the card.

ARGH
04-02-2011, 05:59 AM
i may have fixed it. i had multiple gpu monitoring programs launch at windows startup. afterburner, evga precision, evga eleet. ran the game for about 30 minutes and no crash.

crossing fingures....

SAS
04-02-2011, 03:39 PM
so just running of gpu monitoring programs helps you with "driver stopped responding" issue?
or you changed some of you card settings, like core voltage or core clock or memory clock, etc?
i have some trouble as you with my gtx570 card... no luck with finding cure for now...

ARGH
04-02-2011, 04:36 PM
so just running of gpu monitoring programs helps you with "driver stopped responding" issue?
or you changed some of you card settings, like core voltage or core clock or memory clock, etc?
i have some trouble as you with my gtx570 card... no luck with finding cure for now...

the card is stock clocks, vanilla version. i have not bothered to overclock it yet.

what i noticed is that evga precision was set to apply settings at startup, even though the startup during windows boot was NOT enabled. i figured the program would not even launch. but when i was in the process of changing gpu drivers i noticed that evga precision was attempting to start up and hook the gpu driver by giving an error message saying it could not do so. so this told me that evga was in fact starting up despite not having it set to during windows boot.

i did have evga eleet tuner at windows startup but i manually close it. since that program can also alter gpu settings, maybe it tried to do something that it should not have.

msi afterburner is the gpu tuner of my choice so i always have that running and starting with windows because it allows for voltage control when overclocking. so maybe, just maybe that something was screwing with the voltages of the card all these months since i got it. and that even closing the programs did not help out because they hooked into the gpu drivers during their initialization process. so this led to confusion on my part thinking that if the program closed it should not still be affecting the gpu, but it appears it still does until you reboot the computer and ensure teh programs do not launch on windows boot.

anyway, i only ran the game once since. i have to leave the game running for 4-6 hours to ensure that it does not crash the same way it did. if it still does, even though i completely disabled / un-installed these programs i will rma it.

SAS
04-02-2011, 09:08 PM
for now i've temporarily solve problem with driver stopping by lowering frequencies of core and memory clocks.
my msi gtx570 is factory overclocked, but in most games everything is fine.
except IL2-CoD and some of nvidia's dx11-demos...
but lowering the frequencies to reference ones seems to be solution, i hope...

ARGH
04-03-2011, 02:13 AM
well after the monitoring programs were disabled i let the game run all day and it did not crash.:eek:

Raggz
04-03-2011, 05:44 AM
This is most lightly due to overheating. Download MSI Afterburner and set up the fan control increasing the fan speed. You can set your own profiles.

Download here: http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/download.htm

You do NOT need to own a MSI card. It works for everyone :)

No601_Merlin
04-03-2011, 08:38 AM
When trying single mission 6 on 6 mid channel the 570 goes back to default settings of 742 / 1484 / 1900. Having no problems in any other application and MSI computer GPU burn-in. Temps never rise above 55 degrees.

No601_Merlin
04-03-2011, 10:45 AM
Just tested and it does the same at default clocks of 742 / 1484 / 1900.