PDA

View Full Version : Performance on a low end system

SQB
04-01-2011, 11:06 PM
Due to my other computer having a fit and dying on installation, I am playing il2 on a computer with an old quad core and an 8800GTS, for those of you unsure of whether or not your pc will run the game, here is what I have found.

Graphics are set to low except for: Effects (high), models (med)
the game runs near fluently (30ish fps) over the water with the occaisonal stutter, easily playable.
Over land the texture lods flicker between two settings, every time it loads the better one the game microfreezes and it downgrades again, this seems to be what is causing the low fps over land. It runs at an average of 20fps over land, although sometimes it is a slideshow and sometimes it is smooth, very annoying.

As to the large bomber groups causing fps slideshows, a dogfight between 15 fighters and 12 bombers gave me about 25fps over water.

So the game runs alright on low end systems, even with the graphics down, over water this game looks beautiful! I can't wait to try this out on my q8400+HD6870 :grin:

Echo76
04-02-2011, 06:54 AM
Thanks a lot for the info, it gives me hope as I got very old system (3.2ghz dual core 4gb DDR2 and 8800 GTS)

Just to mention that I can run wings of prey with high settings and rise of flight with medium + some eye candy added smoothly so after patches I'm quite sure we low end users can enjoy this game too :)