PDA

View Full Version : Game is running OK here too!!

rpgielow
04-01-2011, 08:54 PM
Hi guys !!!

I have installed the game yesterday from gamersgate (49US$)
After some patching on Steam the game was available to play.

I am running with every option in high and grass off, buildings low and no epilepsy filter (1920x1080 and AA8x).

After that I was able to play any single mission and campaign in the game with avarege fps always above 30/40 and with some peaks of 80fps.

I had some slow downs over major cities and landed in airfields, thats why buildings and grass low/off. My conf.ini file is untouched, no secrets here.

I think that engine needs some optmization then it will runs smooth. The game is great and you can play it very well if you have a strong configuration.

I have one graphic bug only, when you look very far there is a blue line on water in some circunstances and some distortion on beaches but it disapears when you get closer. A small incovenience only.

I am loving so many new controls and the engine management complexity!!!

My computer: i7, ATI 5870, 6 gig DDR 1600 , catalyst 11.2 drivers, Win7.

Good Gaming !!!

rpgielow
04-01-2011, 08:56 PM
I forgot to say, I am using FRAPS to have the fps count, I dont know yet the game's console command :(

Koyan
04-01-2011, 09:58 PM
Do you have latest drivers for your ATI 5870? I had those line too over the sea but when i set the AF to 16x instead of appl. managed it dissapeared. Now with the March drivers i can leave it appl managed and it looks good.

btw. my card gets as hot as 71' C. Is this normal? I've never seen this with other games.

console is: fps START SHOW

kingpinda
04-01-2011, 10:08 PM
lol 71 degrees is peanuts. i remember my graphics cards used to get between 80 and 90 degrees. I then opted for aftermarket cooling though :p

rpgielow
04-02-2011, 01:25 AM
Do you have latest drivers for your ATI 5870? I had those line too over the sea but when i set the AF to 16x instead of appl. managed it dissapeared. Now with the March drivers i can leave it appl managed and it looks good.

btw. my card gets as hot as 71' C. Is this normal? I've never seen this with other games.

console is: fps START SHOW

Hi man !!! Are you using the 11.3 driver and catalyst for AA instead of in game settings ??? Be cause if I get rid of those line I will be a very happy dude :D

71'C is whitin "green" band :)

I tried today the Ju88 mission over London and got FPS between 15 to 25. Not bad for a bomber that flies level and straight, but as I said before, some engine update and this game will run really smooth !!!

Eklund89
04-02-2011, 08:35 AM
I have the same specs as you and mine runns really good aswell. It only stutters alot during takeoffs and landings. I can fly low through citys with no problems but as soon as i try to land or takeoff it starts.

Flanker35M
04-02-2011, 09:38 AM
S!

I use in-game AA at 4x as I run 1650x1080. In CCC I set AA to application controlled but enabled Morphological thingy = looks nice. AF I set to 16x from CCC and this helped to get rid of those lines etc. and also the cursor marker for some odd reason. Can't wait to see the game getting more fluid after the patches :) And using 11.3's + CAP1 for them.