PDA

View Full Version : Can not get in game

FS~Lewis
04-01-2011, 08:17 PM
My Problems....

Knowing full well that my PC is well under par and that the best I would expect is a moderately detailed slideshow I wasn't expecting too much yesterday when I eventually got round to installing Steam and Cod at 2 am this morning...

So made a Steam account and the good news is that I can apparently play COD on anyones PC so long as I simply log into my Steam account on their PC....This is important to me as I want to experiment on other folks PCs to give me an idea of specs I can replicate cheaper for myself....

AVG Virus detection:The disc installed ok although AVG recognised one of the files as a virus...'rendobj.dll'....This was remedied by turning off the 'Resident Shield' in AVG...or you can add the file path below to....AVG > Overview > Resident Shield > Manage Exceptions > Add Path :

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2sturmovik cliffs of dover\rendobj.dll

Then I ran the game and got this:

http://i487.photobucket.com/albums/rr232/FS_Lewis/pic.png

So I updated the Nvidia drivers and still got the same problem on running the game.....and then saw that Luthier had reccommended to backdate the drivers to 257..so did that but still same problem...

http://i487.photobucket.com/albums/rr232/FS_Lewis/sdfs.png

Well, as the game seemed to be actually running I went with the flow....and accessed all the navigational menus...BUT on the pilot and aircraft pages I don't see any image....as below

http://i487.photobucket.com/albums/rr232/FS_Lewis/pivc2.png

So I decided to go for a quick mission to see if there was any other problems.....and it the game went through its loading mission screenie and the bar indicated it was loading....then it stuck on that screen shot although I could hear the ingame audio....This happened every time I tried a mission....I tried different resolutions too...Still the same old...and with all the ingame graphics set to their lowest...

Anyways that was me done at 6am this morning.....I knew there would problems until I get a better PC and just thougth I'd share this with those of you that have lower end PCs like me...

I have the specs of my pc here below but realise that I know that this PC won't run COD but it would be nice to just get something ingame or a pic of an aircraft and a pilot to play with......

Nvidia GeForce GT 220
AMD Athlon (tm) 7850 Dual-Core Processor 2.80 GHz
4.00 GB (3.12 GB usable) RAM
32_bit Operating System
ASUS M4A78 motherboard
Windows 7

Sehm
04-01-2011, 08:50 PM
same problem, the bar reaches 100%, then I am sent back to the desktop showing COD as minimized on the taskbar, I can hear the sounds and hear movement of the aircraft as I move my throttle and stick, but no image whatsoever. Settings at very low. I suspect it is because my gpu isn't supported.

Geforce 9600

Doc_uk
04-01-2011, 09:03 PM
Same here also.
We are not alone, More here
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=19851

t4trouble
04-01-2011, 09:05 PM
Same prob here aswel,try'd rolling back the drivers to 257 didn't change
any :(

Doc_uk
04-01-2011, 09:08 PM
Same prob here aswel,try'd rolling back the drivers to 257 didn't change
any :(
Ive try,d about 4 drivers now, even beta drivers wont work

FS~Lewis
04-02-2011, 12:59 PM
SOLUTION

Go to 'conf.ini' and change 'Render=D3D10_0' to 'Render=D3D9_0

C : \ Users \ xxx \ Documents \ 1C SoftClub \ il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover \ conf

Render is about the 5th or 6th down from the top......Remember to copy the original just in case it doesn't work for you and you want to set it back to default.....It worked for me...Now I can get ingame but have the same slow FPS that folks are complaining about...At least I am on the same page as everyone else.....Also I don't get the 'Driver Has Stopped Responding and has Recovered' message either now...

On playing the game the graphics look awful....and I get the low FPS which I expected with such a low spec PC...But at least I have a start now...

REMEMBER..This worked for me...It may not for you but it is worth a try...

The 'Solution' was found here on a German website.....

http://forums-de.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7871043264/m/4451055819

I have translated a bit of it and as far as I can see the 'Render' refers to DirectX and by doing the above you set it to DirectX 9....Not sure about this or about the consequences of changing it so anyones input here would be good

Good Luck fellas...Hope this helps

Doc_uk
04-03-2011, 11:22 AM
That dosnt work
My question is......
Are we going to get a fix in the Patch, or have i wasted 30 uk pounds, in a game,
me and a lot of others cant run?

FS~Lewis
04-03-2011, 12:40 PM
Ok..Sorry it didn't work for you Doc...It didn't work for 't_t4trouble' either.....As I said it worked for me...maybe at least it gives us a clue as to which which ball park the problem is in....:(

t4trouble
04-03-2011, 02:32 PM
Ok update,i had another go at this and got it to work thanks Lewis ;)
I recently formatted my comp so i checked my windows updates and
could see that no service packs were installed.So downloaded servicepack
1 to 2 and installed both it works now, yay

PS:OS is vista 32bit soon to upgrade to win7 64bit

Doc_uk
04-04-2011, 11:24 AM
Well still no good, i even installed windows 7 64bit again, no go
i Wounder if this is a 64 bit problem?

Deadstick
04-04-2011, 02:35 PM
This is what worked for me on the Steam download version:

1) Browse to your game folder and find the folder 'redist'.

I found mine here :C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\redist

2) Try running the Direct X installer. ( This was the problem for me, but I had tried running all other installers in there too).

So pretty much run each installer in there. If it said 'repair' or 'uninstall' I just repaired it. But I found that for me, Direct X had not auto-installed in the first place. After I ran that and restarted my PC, it all appeared for me.

I hope that might help.

EDIT: I also updated the Nvidia driver to the latest one for my PC, and selected launcher.exe as a program in the Nvidia Control panel.

major_setback
04-04-2011, 10:57 PM
That dosnt work
My question is......
Are we going to get a fix in the Patch, or have i wasted 30 uk pounds, in a game,
me and a lot of others cant run?

You might want try a simple solution.
(I'm having the same problems as posted above. Turning off AVG helps at times, but only about 3 percent of the time. Otherwise I get the 'driver has stopped..' warning and the game crashes to Desktop.)

(First disable AVG if you use it).
Try turning off Steam in the System Tray (right hand bottom of desktop). Then launch the game from your desktop COD icon.

I know it sounds strange, but it works quite a lot of the time for me.

kaisey
04-04-2011, 11:35 PM
Lewis.

Thankyou, worked for me too and i am running 64 bit and an unsupported gfx card Nvidia 8600GT

Very slow though but hey i have video now, thanks again

todenis
04-05-2011, 12:08 PM
Hello and sorry my bad english... :) If you see black window and stopped video driver....

Try such version with the registry...
1. win+r -> cmd -> regedit
2. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\GraphicsDrivers
3. Create DWORD 32bit
4. We name - TdrDelay and appropriate parameter 12
5. Reboot

http://img858.imageshack.us/img858/5013/regedit.jpg

FS~Lewis
04-05-2011, 04:18 PM
Thanks Todenis...although before I try it I would prefer that someone write it whos native tongue is english as I am not 100% sure how to do it with your instructions...

Thanks todenis...~S~

t4trouble
04-05-2011, 05:11 PM
i tried it didnt change any for me,what he mean is create new folder in
the reg gfxdrivers section name the file TdrDelay then a little option
window will pop up,set parameter to 12 and reboot

Remo
04-05-2011, 08:23 PM
Thanks Todenis...although before I try it I would prefer that someone write it whos native tongue is english as I am not 100% sure how to do it with your instructions...
The instruction he gave it to add a new Registry entry (presumably and optional entry that the drivers check ).

Try such version with the registry...
1. win+r -> cmd -> regedit
translates to ==> run the program called regedit.exe
you can also run it for filesystem explorer..
on 32 bit system it should be in c:\windows\system
on 64 bit system it should be in c:\windows\sysWOW64

2. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\GraphicsDrivers
This is the Registry key location where you must add a new entry/value
When you open regedit.exe it displays you'r regestry as a tree, like folders in exlorer.
1st thing to locate is "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" (it should be one of the top 'folders' )
when you open it you need to find "SYSTEM"
in "SYSTEM" you need to look for CurrentControlSet etc...
untill you get GraphicsDrivers

3. Create DWORD 32bit
This creates a new registry value entry. think you can do it by right click on "GraphicsDriver" , else select (left click) on "GraphicsDriver" and add a new value from the menu.

4. We name - TdrDelay and appropriate parameter 12
When you create a new value (MAKE SURE THE TYPE IS REG_DWORD ie. a 32bit integer value) you need to name it "TdrDelay" and set its value to 0x00012 (this is hexadecimal ==> decimal value 18 )

5. Reboot

Note what I don't know what the actual RegEntry does, presumably add a longer delay in the graphics driver while it initialize something. I'm sure you should be able to find the details of the entry via google though..

FS~Lewis
04-05-2011, 11:50 PM
Thanks Fellas....~S~