PDA

View Full Version : il2 video test of fps over various settings.

Ali Fish
04-01-2011, 08:13 PM
this is the performance i got today. for those that have read my other posts, i have reverted back to the dx10 render setting.

point to note is that after loading various maps changing settings from low to high to those in the vid i ended up with 60+ fps over london, yesterday i got about 8 fps and plentyfull stutters. not so today. another point to note is can not replicate 70+fps since. id also like to point out that each plane seems to have its own bugs that compliment the awefull performance many complain off. 1 example i have not documented yet is the tigermoth, when u zoome the field of view out then the high detail LOD's start to load. which is wrong. the severity of the lod changes in that cock pit seems to affect the scenery loading etc etc etc. just a few things ive noticed.

seems that using low settings isnt the correct way to get this running like you might think.

also in my vid i change land shading to low, to gain about 50 fps. i then change model detail to low = no change. i change buildings to unlimited to see not much change etc.

going to take several months of optimisation i think. but i believe its not so broken as some say. optimisation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqDGSUz0-mY

Wynthorpe
04-01-2011, 08:16 PM
Ive noticed the Hurricane texture LOD's change a hell of a lot when im spinning around the aircraft in F2 view.

baronWastelan
04-01-2011, 08:33 PM
Thanks for the great vid! I'd be very interested in your opinion on the colors of the fields? I see a lot of beige and pink and gold, does it look like England in the summer to you?

Wynthorpe
04-01-2011, 08:41 PM
Thanks for the great vid! I'd be very interested in your opinion on the colors of the fields? I see a lot of beige and pink and gold, does it look like England in the summer to you?

Yes! (Im from England) if though a little saturated.

Ali Fish
04-01-2011, 08:44 PM

many many golden fields, various hues of brown, interspersed with the green foliage. if you look at google earth its all there, much depends on the source images they may be designed from though. these colours are a combination of many colours on the ground. the pink comes more from the light bouncing over the brown fields generally. and how the lens recieves and interprets it. its not often we get a chance high enough to see these colours combining, and you cant trust anything other than the mk1 eyeball. and itll never look the same next time you look at it. how you want to depict it therafter relies upon on artistic direction. theres no right or wrong. personally i would have done those shades differently.

part 2

At the end of this i go from very low to very high and it doesnt seem to do anything really. but any other time it has killed the game. especially changing settings before youve gotten ingame etc.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqnS1V5j-6Q

sod16
04-01-2011, 10:28 PM
What im going to say now is pure fact.

The game DOES use a LOT of ram on very high. I have 6GB of ram and it eats 78% of it.

Now, the important thing here is how the buildings are rendered and that will be changed very soon as stated by luthier.

After which, the multicore support will be implamented. Problem now is, it uses one core and the rest when it needs it. Fact is, if it uses them all a lot of strain would be taken off the GPU.

Last and not least, the forest/tree optimisation which will come after all these above.

This is why you get good performance with land details off. Its the maps that cause the performace as well as some encounters.

Ali Fish
04-01-2011, 11:15 PM
is this picture just using 1 core, thats me with il2 in flight.

http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af156/AliFishGMT/th_f4c2f821.jpg (http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af156/AliFishGMT/f4c2f821.jpg)