PDA

View Full Version : getting good frame rates

Fergal69
04-01-2011, 06:52 PM
What's the best settings to achieve good frame rates. I've tried with everything low, medium, high, combination & still not getting good frame rates. my system is as below.

Mainboard : ECS GF8100VM-M5
Chipset : nVidia nForce 720a
Processor : AMD Phenom X4 9500 @ 2200MHz
Physical Memory : 3072MBDDR2-SDRAM
Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT
Hard Disk : Hitachi HDT725025VLA380 (250GB)
CD-Rom Drive : SONY CD-RW CRX160E
DVD-Rom Drive : Optiarc DVD RW AD-7241S
Monitor Type : 17 inches
Network Card : Nvidia MCP77 Ethernet
Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.01.2600 Service Pack 3 (32-bit)
DirectX : Version 9.0c (May 2010)

Urufu_Shinjiro
04-01-2011, 07:00 PM
Sorry, but that video card would have trouble keeping up with Il2:1946 at high settings.

Fergal69
04-02-2011, 06:40 AM
Sorry, but that video card would have trouble keeping up with Il2:1946 at high settings.

It's a 1gb graphics card & I have no problem with IL-2 1946 - just having problems with CoD which I thought it would have coped with?!!!

Lets see what the recommend graphics cards are & what I can afford.

FlushMeister
04-02-2011, 08:24 AM
This is the second time I recommend a radeon 6970 hahahaa, I used to have nvidia cards a lot but looking at the VRAM on these radeon cards they have 2gb so you'll be safe with those and they got low energy consumption, more silent and more VRAM plus theyre much cheaper

It's a 1gb graphics card & I have no problem with IL-2 1946 - just having problems with CoD which I thought it would have coped with?!!!

mr71mb0
04-02-2011, 08:43 AM

You say it has no problems with il2-1946 so you expect it to run fine with CoD, which is the next generation?

You clearly need a new card, but right now while there are performance issues it's hard to say what card is a good one to get. It also depends on resolution.

I found the biggest improvement to my fps was to lower the resolution, turn off the trees / forest and reduce buildings as there are currently officially acknowledged issues with rendering those.

While these early issues are still to be patched it might be worth holding off purchasing anything until someone can benchmark a patched version. Otherwise you might not be making the best choice.

It sounds like the devs are working non stop to fix the issues so hopefully we should see some progress next week.

Triggaaar
04-02-2011, 09:54 AM
This is the second time I recommend a radeon 6970 hahahaa, I used to have nvidia cards a lot but looking at the VRAM on these radeon cards they have 2gb so you'll be safe with those and they got low energy consumption, more silent and more VRAM plus theyre much cheaperThe 6970 is not a particularly quiet card, not like the older ATI cards. It is a little cheaper than the nvidia 570, but which is quicker in this game we're not yet sure. Luthier said that extra video ram would be useful, and that's part of the reason I went for the 6970 when I built my rig a few months ago, but we've got lots to learn yet so it's too early to be sure what's best.

Looking at some of the results people are getting shows how hit and miss it is. Some people are getting better fps than me with slower system parts. I'm still not sure what the deal is with a 64 bit exe, and the effect a lot of video ram has on the memory left for the game.

If you can't wait, I think the 6970 is a good choice, but it might be worth waiting 2 or 3 weeks.

Fergal69
04-02-2011, 12:48 PM
Been round a few shops today & have decided to hang fire for the time being on a new card.

I remember having issues with the original IL2 when i first bought it & then when patches came out I had no trouble with it, using the card I had when I originally purchased it.

Will wait to see what tweaks come out over the next few weeks as they may include support for other graphics cards as I can't imagine that everyone is rushing out to replace theirs at this moment in time.

thorodinson
12-04-2023, 08:00 AM
You should start by setting everything to low or medium and gradually increase settings until you find a balance between contexto (https://contexto-wordle.com/) performance and visual quality.