PDA

View Full Version : Game won't start at all, not AVG related

Humbug
04-01-2011, 01:47 PM
Trying to start the game does nothing. Launcher.exe just sits there doing nothing and has to be shut down manually in the processes window. I have tried reinstalling the game, I've tried updating to newest graphic drivers, I've tried disabling firewall and anti-virus (nod32) and verifying game integrity a bunch of times, running the redist installers etc, all to no avail.

I'm on Windows XP SP3 using AMD Phenom II Quad cpu and two Radeon 4800 series GPU's in crossfire.

The only other game that has had this behaviour was due to crossfire not being properly supported but I've tried disabling that as well.

What gives?

burlaff
04-01-2011, 02:59 PM
Trying to start the game does nothing. Launcher.exe just sits there doing nothing and has to be shut down manually in the processes window. I have tried reinstalling the game, I've tried updating to newest graphic drivers, I've tried disabling firewall and anti-virus (nod32) and verifying game integrity a bunch of times, running the redist installers etc, all to no avail.

I'm on Windows XP SP3 using AMD Phenom II Quad cpu and two Radeon 4800 series GPU's in crossfire.

The only other game that has had this behaviour was due to crossfire not being properly supported but I've tried disabling that as well.

What gives?

I had a similar problem, solved by installing microsoft .NET Framework 4
You might want to give that a go, it worked for me

Humbug
04-01-2011, 03:08 PM
Microsoft .net framework 4 is included in the redist folder. Already tried that, like I said.

Humbug
04-01-2011, 06:17 PM
Strange, if I let the launcher.exe sit there doing nothing for over 5 minutes or more (hard drive not really working either or anything indicating something is loading) the game will actually try to load eventually out of the blue but then I'll get this error instead:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=19862

Lucas_From_Hell
04-09-2011, 10:58 AM
I have a similar issue. Not an AVG user, but whenever I click on it, Launcher.exe shows up briefly under the Processes tab, then after 5 seconds vanishes without any notice and that's it. In other words, I click and nothing happens, no error message or crash or zombie apocalypse involved. Anyone has a clue on what may be causing it? I'm running Vista 32-bit I use AntiVir for AV, my videocard's a 2GB GeForce GT120 and my computer has, as far as I recall, 4GB of RAM, so in theory it should be able to run the kid. I'm quite lost here, apparently I'm the only one having such issue.