PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft Customization, and other options for Quick Missions.

Grimezy
04-01-2011, 01:06 PM
I know all the focus is currently on optimizing the game for better performance.

But just a quick question,

It seems that the Quick Missions don't have the same variety of options that the Original IL-2 had.

What's bothering me the most is that I can't just create my own Quick Mission from scratch (Mainly for free mode), where I can;

* Select the Map I want
* Change which Country to fly for, I can change the aircraft, but I can't change the Country. So I'm flying an ME-109 with British Roundels. (I know you can
*Overall no Aircraft Customization
*Choose a Target such as Airfields, Bridges, etc
*The only Advantage/Disadvantage options are pre-set with the default missions.
*Can't choose your Altitude (Only for Pre-Set missions)

Sure it's called quick missions for a reason, and that's what these pre-set missions are for, but I still like the degree of setting up your own mission without having to use the Full Mission Builder.

So will this sort of customization be included in future updates? Or are these options available and I'm just not seeing them.

Cheers.

reflected
04-01-2011, 02:36 PM
Exactly what I want to know!

Avionsdeguerre
04-01-2011, 02:55 PM
Yeah a quick mission builder like il2 1946,
"* Select the Map I want
* Change which Country to fly for, I can change the aircraft, but I can't change the Country. So I'm flying an ME-109 with British Roundels. (I know you can
*Overall no Aircraft Customization
*Choose a Target such as Airfields, Bridges, etc
*The only Advantage/Disadvantage options are pre-set with the default missions.
*Can't choose your Altitude (Only for Pre-Set missions)"

+ 1000
Maybe in a future patch :)

pancake
04-01-2011, 03:16 PM
+1 I actually miss the old QMB:(

Jaws2002
04-01-2011, 04:57 PM
I know all the focus is currently on optimizing the * Change which Country to fly for, I can change the aircraft, but I can't change the Country. So I'm flying an ME-109 with British Roundels. (I know you can
Cheers.

I had this same problem. Here's how to chose the country:

Click on the pilot of the country you want to fly for.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/<FA>Jaws/Untitled-1.jpg

But i absolutely agree on the rest of the features. This is actually a step back from the old QMB.

15JG52_Brauer
04-01-2011, 09:29 PM
+1 - also would be good to be able to customise skin, and ammo loadout here as well

satan
04-01-2011, 11:41 PM
hi all,

if your in the quick mission and double click on the aircraft you get to select a different one. right?

Trying using the menus at the top and selecting by country say italy and them fly. Does your aircraft still have german decals, is german? I posted this as a bug but am interested if anyone else is getting this.

Also i made changes to manston saved it and it appeared in the left menu with picture and all. (good) The bad part is when i went tto the mission editor i tried to findthis file but wouldnt show, even went manually into the directory and couldnt see it. (WTF) I dont think its Vista premissions, Bug?

thats
Satan (Geoff)