PDA

View Full Version : HELP:- No Visuals/Pilot/Aircraft

Venatore
04-01-2011, 12:13 PM
Hello,

I have the load screen, I can see all the screens to adjust audio/graphics/ realism and I have audio, however; When game loads with the picture with the two tanks it remain there, I can hear the aircraft engines and all the audio sounds but no visuals, I also can't see the pilot in the creation selection screen nor the aircraft in the aircraft selection screen.

I'm using a laptop with the following setup up:-
CPU- PB400
Vista Premium
HD- 250 GB
Memory 2 GB
ODO- DVD Sup.MTI.
Ddisplay- 15.4WXGA
Graphics- ATI HD3470

I apologise, but I don't know much about computers, please; if you are directing me to change a file please give pathway to file.

I appreciate any help in advance.

Kind regards

Ven

Doc_uk
04-01-2011, 12:59 PM
Try here, there having same problem
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=19851

And here
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=19862

Venatore
04-02-2011, 05:29 AM
Doc uk, Thank you very much for replying & trying to help me. However; I am still unable to see the pilot in the start-up pilot selection configure screen or the aircraft configure selection screen. I still have no visuals either. I can hear everything.

I brought the game from a gaming retail shop so I hope that little bit of information helps.

The game remains oo the screen with the two tanks sitting on 95-100% load-up, but; like I said, I can hear when I shoot, throttle up etc.

Sitting here patiently :confused:

Kind regards

Ven

Deadstick
04-02-2011, 05:33 AM
Hi Venatore, did you try the following?

1) Browse to your game folder and find the folder 'redist'.

I found mine here :C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\redist

2) Try running the Direct X installer. ( This was the problem for me, but I had tried running other installers in there too).

I actually tried running ALL the installers in that folder. I just saw that you were using a retail DVD, so the file directory will not be the same. But try running these installers as they are necessary for the game to run.

Venatore
04-02-2011, 05:48 AM
Deadstick,

Yep tried that matey, but; still no joy :( gotta love this cat and mouse chase to work out this game :-)

Refusing to get annoyed with it as I know there is a lot of talent here that will help

Kind regards

Ven