PDA

View Full Version : Cannot get Tracers in Spit Ia & IIa??

mr71mb0
04-01-2011, 12:02 PM
Hi,

does anyone know how I can get tracers in the Ia & IIa spits?

I have tried creating a custom loadout and saving it, with guns 1 & 8 having white tracers, but even tho I save, if I do a quick mission (Even Duel) and select Spit IIa, I can only see an empty loadout and I get no tracers.

If I select the Spit I, even tho I can only select an empt loadout, I get full guns with tracers.

Anyone else seeing this?

Biggs
04-01-2011, 12:51 PM
Hi,

does anyone know how I can get tracers in the Ia & IIa spits?

I have tried creating a custom loadout and saving it, with guns 1 & 8 having white tracers, but even tho I save, if I do a quick mission (Even Duel) and select Spit IIa, I can only see an empty loadout and I get no tracers.

If I select the Spit I, even tho I can only select an empt loadout, I get full guns with tracers.

Anyone else seeing this?

yeah im having this problem too... wont use any of my ammo loadout saves.

SacaSoh
04-01-2011, 01:05 PM
Can't save the loadouts too. But sometimes, even not saving, the game uses the loadout.

Plt Off JRB Meaker
04-01-2011, 11:22 PM
The save option on the quick mission is bugged needs a fix

JG53Frankyboy
04-02-2011, 12:07 AM
well, try to make your own quickmíssion, there you can select skins , weapons and bombs. I see no other possibility in the moment. Or edit an existing one in t he FMB :(

but sure, the "Aircraft" menu in the moment is absolutly pointless. Nothing you can make there has influence on the Rest of the game (beside the Pilots IIRC) ....

Erkki
04-02-2011, 02:38 AM
Saving of the profiles does work, just click "ok"(low right corner), not back. Then exit the main "plane-menu" by clicking OK as well. Figured it out by accident.

Blackdog_kt
04-02-2011, 03:17 AM
So, "back" means "cancel" and "ok" means "apply changes", good to know.

Biggs
04-03-2011, 07:13 PM
Saving of the profiles does work, just click "ok"(low right corner), not back. Then exit the main "plane-menu" by clicking OK as well. Figured it out by accident.

Tried that... it looks like it saved it but when i go and select the preset in a quick mission, it doesnt seem to actually load.

I made a mkIIa with all De Wilde rounds... get into a mission during takeoff i taxied in to a hanger and fired at the walls to check to see if my loadout was actually selected... which it WASNT...

I dont understand how to make this work.

stanford
04-03-2011, 11:23 PM
Exactly the same issue here. I've never once been able to select a loadout other than Default or Empty... I save a custom one, press OK and it all looks good. Go to QMB and low and behold - it's gone

Biggs
04-03-2011, 11:25 PM
hmm it seems like a bug but I havent read anythign from the devs about it being noted....

I Hope they are aware of this.

stanford
04-03-2011, 11:32 PM
I've not seen it noted anywhere either. I'm using a DVD version of the game - anyone else the same?

JZG_Con
04-04-2011, 02:01 AM
hope they change the tracer rounds so it looks like the ME109 .. burst ..with vapour trails ..

Biggs
04-04-2011, 02:56 AM
So i just wanna get this straight... no one is able to customise their ammo loadout, IE: its not showing up in-game....

right?

has it worked for ANYONE so far?

Flanker15
04-04-2011, 05:21 AM
I've used my custom belt loadouts in the FMB allot but quick mission only has a tab for weapon loadout.

huckster
04-05-2011, 01:36 AM
same problem here, i can save a profile and load it in the QMB but it does'nt work, however it appears to work in the FMB

Erkki
04-05-2011, 08:50 AM
At least the belting changes do work to me in the custom missions....

But it seems the convergence settings dont. Setting wing cannons to 150 and shooting exactly at that distance the rounds stll pass above Hurri's mid-wings, converging at 400m or something.

stanford
04-05-2011, 05:23 PM
Can anyone confirm this problem still persists?

Hatch
04-09-2011, 10:51 PM
Well, I can't even choose the default loadout.

Most often I find myself empty and unable to go to default to at least have something to shoot with.

Vtec9k
04-10-2011, 02:47 PM
Nope it's not working for me either. I've managed to corrupt the default profile and the custom profile never seems to save properly.

I'm flying the hurricane instead because of the tracers :)

Blackdog_kt
04-10-2011, 06:14 PM
I got some of my loadouts corrupted after joining a DF server (maybe they were overwritten by the ones used in the server's mission) so i had to go back and redo them.

The confusing part is that there's 3 separate screens and each one has a save function. The first one is actually about getting the guns on your plane.

As a side note yes, you can fly completely unarmed with the guns removed and this is reflected in the aircraft weight. As to why it's possible, i'm thinking it will be useful in the future for multi-role aircraft. Instead of each flyable variant having its own slot, we would be able to change a single aircraft to different configurations. So for example, you could swap the glass nose for a battery of 20mm and .303 guns or 20mm and radar to change your mosquito from a bomber to a fighter or night-fighter version respectively, same for the Ju88 and so on.

What happened to me was that after flying online my 110 didn't even have any guns installed. The default belt settings however were still visible in the options menu so i went into the loadout screen, added the guns and saved it again as the default profile.

The important part here is to press "ok", not "back", after you save it: even though you pressed save, if you click on the "back" button it will discard all the changes and will not save the loadout.

I didn't mess around with belt loadous and convergence, but i've managed to load bombs to the twin-engined aircraft in a similar manner.

What i don't know is how these configs are handled in the grand scale of things. If we knew about this it would be easy to figure it all out.

1) Are they treated as three separate loadouts that i have to save individually (guns, ammo and bombs) or does the save function in each screen store the information from the other two screens as well? For example, if i modify my bomb load and press save, does it also save my belt loadout from the previous menu?

2) If they are treated individually, how do we select separate loadouts for guns, ammo and bombs when the loadout selection screen in the QMB only gives us a single option? Do we have to name them with identical names so that they fall under the same "profile"?

41Sqn_Stormcrow
04-10-2011, 11:33 PM
I try since release to change the belts for quick mission. To no avail ...

Also some AI planes it doesn't work: even if I choose Empty they have weapons ...

Tiger27
04-11-2011, 08:05 AM
Same experience here with the quick missions, but online my load out appeared, so it must be an issue mainly with the quick missions.