PDA

View Full Version : Skins & Pilot? How do you select it?

reflected
04-01-2011, 10:18 AM
I set up my own marknigs, loadout, and pilot in the options, but the game doesn't use it anywhere. How do I set it up in QMB?
thx.

Stiboo
04-01-2011, 01:29 PM
Think this is a bug, I cannot find any way to choose skins for planes or save pilots or ammo loadouts... Or save any of these, not even in the FMB, for the skins it could be that the individual plane skin folders are named wrong? This often happened with modded planes...

Will check tonite if no other answers come in!

Travelbob
04-01-2011, 02:14 PM
I guess I saw in the Full Mission Builder the possibility to choose the own loadout. You have to put a plane on the map (Ctrl-left mouse) then you choose the properties. somewhere there you can choose the own weapon loadout. But you have to safe your loadout before and name it with a word you will recognize immediately.

Tell me if it works...I am not at home right now and can't proof by myself.

reflected
04-01-2011, 02:36 PM
I'm talking about quick missions here. like in old il2-s...

Surge
04-02-2011, 11:04 PM
Think this is a bug, I cannot find any way to choose skins for planes or save pilots or ammo loadouts... Or save any of these, not even in the FMB, for the skins it could be that the individual plane skin folders are named wrong? This often happened with modded planes...

Will check tonite if no other answers come in!

With skins being an option in IL2 1946, i have been desperately looking for additional skins to apply to the planes i fly in IL2 COD, when i was searching through my files i found paint scheme folder in my documents

(Win 7)
Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\PaintSchemes\Skins

but alas no skins if we can find .bmp .jpegs or whatever type of file that is needed to create new textures for the new COD planes than that would be great, im not saying the stock ones are bad but when the community gets together fantastic opportunities and possibilities arise.

P.S while typing this i have also found a picture in .bmp called picture

Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\cache

maybe this is the sort of file we are looking for ?

LeLv30_Finwolf
04-10-2011, 10:34 AM
You can find skins in your steam folder ( For example: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\PaintSchemes\Skins\Bf-109E-3)

You then have to copy a skin to your personal folder (for example: C:\Users\<usernamehere>\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\PaintSchemes\Skins\Bf-109E-3)

Then you can edit the skin and you can view it in the game in "plane" section.

However- I'm yet to figure out how to actually get that skin in Multiplayer DF.

I'm still appaled how raw this game is - It's a great game that will no doubt be in the future a king of it's class - but.. now...

Also - I know the devs are working hard to patch things up, but what I'd like to see is a nice list of things FROM the DEVS, that what is not working / bugged and what isn't. There's so many things people think is bugged, because they can't figure out how to do something (because the instructions are at best vague and at worst non-excistent).

So - please, could 1c put one person to build a list of things in game that aren't working (so people will not try to figure them out) and things that work /w instructions (so people will stop thinking they're bugged because they can't figure it out).

Or - if such list already excists, please give me a link.

- Finwolf -

P.S. Still think you need to fire your testers and the people who designed the manual (or, in reality, didn't).

onlyforbrian
02-02-2013, 05:16 PM
From what I figured out so far, it seems to me that you can just use the paint schemes in Cliffs of Dover on your own flyable plane. So D/Ling paintschemes for IA planes is a waste of time (unless someone here knows something I don't) . When you start the single mission, I'm sure you know that you select your plane by selecting the little pilot above the plane you want to fly. Then click "Fly". That will open the mission map with two more buttons at the bottom, "Player Plane", and "Fly". Click "Player Plane"... then you will see a menu, one option is "Paint schemes" click that to open the window to select the paintscheme you want. If you have chosen a detailed paintscheme and you see double things on the plane, seems like two paintschemes, just unclick the "Markings" box at the bottom of the menu. Once you have the paintscheme how you want it, click "OK", then click "Fly" You should see you paintscheme in the game.:wink:

Löwe
02-08-2013, 05:40 PM
If you want to set a paintscheme for a whole squadron, you will have to do it in the FMB

onlyforbrian
02-08-2013, 05:53 PM
FMB?? Please explain..thanks

Löwe
02-09-2013, 01:03 AM
Oh yes sorry, Full Mission Builder. In other words, the mission editor, which is under the section "extras". You just set a plane wherever you want, in group properties change the squadron value to 3, 4 or the amount of planes you want and you will see new tabs with numbers. Click them and change the paintscheme of all of them. Done