PDA

View Full Version : New GFX card, new FPS

Bowtome
04-01-2011, 08:36 AM
Well yes in MOH.

I tried MOH and in a MP game, it went from 75-80, to 95-120.

So I feel like I paid for a better card (not a top end one, can't afford that, nor would pay for it)

I tried a flight over London and old card was 8-15 at low level, with the new card, 8-15 at low level.

Over water with the old card 40 fps, and with the new card 40fps

And constant stuttering.

Don't get me wrong I am not hating here, I think the game is going to rock , but alas at the moment no, I will just hold on and wait for some patches.

I started the campaign also to see what FPS I would get, it took me about 4 minutes to suss the keys to take off, but as I was lifting off it said mission accomplished, woot go me.

PzMeyer
04-01-2011, 09:02 AM
Does your new card has the same amount of VRAM as the old one?!
I think that causing most problems since cards with "only" 1 GB of memory seem to have stutter and cards with 2 GB not.
Depends on screenresolution of course.

or your CPU is just limiting your performance in CloD

Bowtome
04-01-2011, 09:10 AM
Yes same vram 1gb

CPU is fine, although I am replacing it soon, minor upgrade though.

Wings of prey is superb though

I am not worrying, I know a patch will be out soon fixing it.

mcmatt
04-01-2011, 09:36 AM
Yes same vram 1gb

Wings of prey is superb though

WIP is not in same league and is not comparable with CiOD

Zoom2136
04-01-2011, 03:36 PM
Il COD is anything like iL2 in term of CPU usage, buy the fastest CPU you can manage and spend your remaining $$$ on a GPU.

With flight sims, the CPU is the bottleneck.

Talbot
04-01-2011, 05:35 PM
Il COD is anything like iL2 in term of CPU usage, buy the fastest CPU you can manage and spend your remaining $$$ on a GPU.

With flight sims, the CPU is the bottleneck.
No,COD is GPU game.

Biggs
04-01-2011, 05:39 PM
No,COD is GPU game.

initially everyone thought it was a CPU intensive game... why do we think its a GPU intensive game now?

Sven
04-01-2011, 05:50 PM
initially everyone thought it was a CPU intensive game... why do we think its a GPU intensive game now?

I thought I read somewhere that some guys with VRAM over 1GB were having much more smoother gameplay, I tried to find the thread here but maybe I read that on SimHQ.

EDIT: found it, http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3253109/CoD_has_GPU_leak_code_problem.html#Post3253109

Triggaaar
04-01-2011, 06:48 PM
it took me about 4 minutes to suss the keys to take off, but as I was lifting off it said mission accomplished, woot go me.Lol, I like it :)

I've just tried quick missions, and I see messages about the rest of my squad shooting up bombers while I'm looking for them all. It appears they're better at looking over their shoulder than I am.