PDA

View Full Version : Please please help 'launcher has stopped working'

602Sqn.McLean
04-01-2011, 09:09 AM
The game won't start. I've tried everything so far. I'm running Norton and turned it off - didn't start. Updated my drivers - didn't start. Just so frustrated.
I keep getting 'launcher has stopped working' every time.
I've turned off the comp, re put the disk back in, all that stuff and it still says 'launcher has stopped working'.
What do I do? Or how can I get hold of someone to help me through all this.
It won't launch offline either.
Please, please, please help. :confused:

=FI=Mikester
04-01-2011, 09:32 AM
could you tell us your machine spec pls?

if windows 7/vista did you run steam as admin for the first time to allow the update to COD to be successful? If not and you seen a fail it's possible the game didn't update properly. I'd de-install/reinstall.

Graphics card! possible driver issue, what kind of crd u got and when did u last update the drivers? direct x up-to-date?

Got an issue like this with ROF when direct X wasnt up dated.

Foo'bar
04-01-2011, 09:36 AM
Check your C:\Users\YourName\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\cache\shaders folder. Is there any content inside?

602Sqn.McLean
04-01-2011, 09:40 AM
I can tell you my machine specs =FI=Mikester but can you tell me how I actually do that? I just had a total upgrade to my PC. Is there a way to cut and paste the info you require from somewhere on my comp.
Thanks for helping by the way. I'm so frustrated. Sorry for not being very computer savy.

Skjöldr
04-02-2011, 09:03 AM
I have the same problem.

Bought yesterday, but just will not run, just keeps saying Launcher has stopped working.

I checked my Shaders folder as mentioned above, and yes there is files in there. I moved them all to another folder temporarily, and tried again. It put them all back again, and still launcher stopped.

My specs are.
Windows 7 with service pack 1
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2601 Mhz
6Gb RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 512

Hope you can shed some light on this so I can get up in the clouds with this great looking sim.

Cheers
Skjöldr

Skjöldr
04-02-2011, 09:34 AM
I have just finished Uninstalling and Re-installing again as Admin etc, to see if any errors occured. None. But still will not Launch. Same as before Launcher stopped Working.

Bloody Frustrating as im at work all weekend now.

SV_MadisonV44
04-02-2011, 10:16 AM
Same problem occurs for me : Launcher error 3 secs after starting the mission (in lowest settings)

Foo'Bar I've got 443 files in my C:\Users\YourName\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\cache\shaders folder.

I guess I should remove them ! Right ?
[Edit] : working after folder clean-up ... thanks Foo'bar ;)