PDA

View Full Version : is the 'anthropomorphic filter' bugged ?

JG53Frankyboy
04-01-2011, 07:15 AM
when i have this "two hand limit" activated my HOTAS is mostly bugged.....lot off different things on throttle, joystick and keyboard dont work at all :(
I gave it a try, and the whole thing worked liked charme , at least it looks like so far.

can it bee that this feature is bugged?
just want to hear other experiences.

Wurschtie
04-01-2011, 07:19 AM
I own a saitek x-52, and my experience is that some of the sliders sometimes are stuck between two values and jumping constantly. In that case, the antro filter thinks you are working a control, and blocks one hand ...

I am pretty sure that one of your axes is jumping ...

JG52Uther
04-01-2011, 07:24 AM
when i have this "two hand limit" activated my HOTAS is mostly bugged.....lot off different things on throttle, joystick and keyboard dont work at all :(
I gave it a try, and the whole thing worked liked charme , at least it looks like so far.

can it bee that this feature is bugged?
just want to hear other experiences.

This was exactly my experience.With anthropomorphic filter on,sometimes when I moved the throttle the pitch would move instead,sometimes the throttle would move jerkily,sometimes it just would not work at all,buttons wouldn't work etc,even when not doing anything else.
As soon as I turned the setting off all my controls work perfectly.
This is with:
CH Fighterstick
CH pedals
Saitek throttle quad

JG53Frankyboy
04-01-2011, 07:45 AM
I own a saitek x-52, and my experience is that some of the sliders sometimes are stuck between two values and jumping constantly. In that case, the antro filter thinks you are working a control, and blocks one hand ...

I am pretty sure that one of your axes is jumping ...

true, i had first the Radiator control on an axis (used the 'throttle' of my M$FFB2). It took me ~3hours till i recogniced that this dont work, at least in a 109 because the game is thinking , if the axis is not EXACTLY in the middlepostion, the pilot has its hand constantly on the crank (right side in the cockpit). In the Spitfire there was no proplem :D looks like it has a different radiator control (no crank ;) )
But i put the radiator on buttons after that.

i had still a lot of proplems...

but true, i will check my pitch control and elevator control that a still on my X52PRO throttle wheels if i get a HOTS failure when the wheels are not exactly in the middle setting.
BUT, if that is the case, the use of axis, sliders with "two hand limit" at least in the 109 is VERY limited and have to be overworked by the developers IMHO !!

Bertram W. Wooster
04-01-2011, 07:47 AM
This was exactly my experience.With anthropomorphic filter on,sometimes when I moved the throttle the pitch would move instead,sometimes the throttle would move jerkily,sometimes it just would not work at all,buttons wouldn't work etc,even when not doing anything else.
As soon as I turned the setting off all my controls work perfectly.
This is with:
CH Fighterstick
CH pedals
Saitek throttle quad

Exactly the same experience here. I also have a CH Fighterstick and CH Pro Pedals but use a CH Pro Throttle. All USB. Calibration tools show that there isn't any noise or spikes from the controllers and they work smoothly in other games.

JG53Frankyboy
04-01-2011, 08:19 AM
i have doublechekced my settings, and true, the big whell on my X52 throttle makes very kitte 'jumps' in the middle position, CoD is saying in the 0,01 barrier :D .
On thios whell my elevator control is set, and so, i guess, alsways such 0,01 steps appear, the pilot has his hand on the cockpittrimwhell and other functions dont work :(

so far, i couldnt set a tolerance in this setting (in game) to avoid that such little controler outputs gave also a game input :( a tolerance filter would be VERY nice. I guess a lot players have controlers that a jumping a little bit ...

so far, i disable "two hand only" or i have always fly a little bit rimmed, as the controler out of its middle is stable (at least so farf as it is brand new ;) )

SacaSoh
04-01-2011, 10:52 AM
so far, i couldnt set a tolerance in this setting (in game) to avoid that such little controler outputs gave also a game input :( a tolerance filter would be VERY nice. I guess a lot players have controlers that a jumping a little bit ...

Or a Hysteresys setting for the axis... My X52 Pro has the same problem, can't use anthropomorphic control.

JG52Uther
04-01-2011, 11:05 AM
Is there a pattern here with Saitek controllers...

Bertram W. Wooster
04-01-2011, 02:18 PM
i have doublechekced my settings, and true, the big whell on my X52 throttle makes very kitte 'jumps' in the middle position, CoD is saying in the 0,01 barrier :D .
On thios whell my elevator control is set, and so, i guess, alsways such 0,01 steps appear, the pilot has his hand on the cockpittrimwhell and other functions dont work :(

so far, i disable "two hand only" or i have always fly a little bit rimmed, as the controler out of its middle is stable (at least so farf as it is brand new ;) )

Deadzone filters should be able to filter out that sort of controller noise. The Controller settings screen allows you to add deadzone filters for each axis.

mcmatt
04-01-2011, 03:19 PM
In manual, page 10: Anthropomorphic Control. This option limits the amount of things you can do at one time to realistic proportions, usually to no more than two things at once. As a pilot has only two hands, and as most Battle of Britain era planes did not have HOTAS-style controls with important buttons always a flick
away, moving the throttle and stick will usually mean having no hands to move a flap lever or vice versa.

So, this should be that way. Turn it off if you have problems with it or do things slower.

Targ
04-01-2011, 04:13 PM
I think it either needs more explaining or has bugs as something is odd.

Sitting on the ground with no hands on any gear using the clickable cockpit and nothing works with Anthro settings on.

Using key's only and wont work or key settings work than don't work or do something different.

Seems buggy to me.

SEE
04-01-2011, 04:14 PM
Is there a pattern here with Saitek controllers...

A lot of peeps seem to have had problems assigning axis in the controls menu so I think the problem is with that as well. The anthropomorphic setting seems to be incompatible with analogue sliders for sure.

JG53Frankyboy
04-01-2011, 04:44 PM
It works perfect... when your wheels/sliders/axis are stable as a rock. If not , it depends what they are controling and what plane you fly.
So long i had no very deep look in these ingame settings for axis.

Till than , i will keep this "two hand limit" disavled. I actually cant see a hufe difference in having it enabled- main difference that it is causing only proplems :D

SacaSoh
04-01-2011, 04:46 PM
A lot of peeps seem to have had problems assigning axis in the controls menu so I think the problem is with that as well. The anthropomorphic setting seems to be incompatible with analogue sliders for sure.

I have a X52 Pro and the sliders work, i'm sure that the problem is the "spikes" in the output of the sliders of some joysticks (like mine), the game detects it and the anthropomorphic filter blocks all other inputs, we need a hysteresys filter from saitek or a threeshold in game.

In Il-2 1946 my the HUD keep displaying like "radiator 88% - 89% - 88%" and so on...

If the full real servers enable the anthropomorphic filter i'm f*cked.

JG52Uther
04-01-2011, 05:15 PM
If the full real servers enable the anthropomorphic filter i'm f*cked.

Exactly...
With me,if I have the filter on,it is the saitek throttle quad that is causing the problems.My CH stuff is fine.
I assume it is spiking slightly,so some sort of filter to make allowances forn this would be a good idea.