PDA

View Full Version : After 6 years of waiting...

reflected
04-01-2011, 07:05 AM
...I got this unplayable mess :(

Incredible...The graphics are nice, but I have sims that look this good and play smoothly. I mean...I have antiepilepcy off, AA off, grass off, trees low, building low, still it's barely playable even above water. (6G RAM, i7-920, GTX470, Win7 64 here).

-No FFB??!! Seriously? I had to set up my old Saitek aviator, but it just sucked...

-Control setups: I can't get my saitek th.q. working: sometimes sliders don't react, sometimes 100% is at 1/3rd way, sometimes the mixture is linked to the throttle. But mostly: No matter wat I press, it only works once out of 10! I have to press "open canopy" like 15 times so that it opens. Same for the throttle sliders... WTF? Maybe it's the antromorphic controls, and one of my sliders is spiked, so it's constantly moving or what?

-Sounds: this has gotta be a joke right? The exact same as in Il2, which was cr*p even 6 years ago.

-Radio comms: no comment...awful.

-I'll put this game on the shelf and check back in a few months, when it's not a beta (or alpha?) version anymore. Now I feel robbed. I've been waiting for this game for soooo long.... :(

EDIT:
-I set up my pilot and plane in the menu, but what is it for? How do I use them in game? Also, how do I select skins and stuff in QMB?

Kankkis
04-01-2011, 07:15 AM
Yeah, i gotta good rig too, first thing what must be solved is that stutter, it stutter even an lowest graphics level and lowest level my hard drive is loading every 2sec, it just loads planes textures really slow too when you go check the planemodels.

Nice game, 100% potential but unplayable at this time, Stuttering is now 1st priority i think.

Wurschtie
04-01-2011, 07:16 AM
For the joystick axes not travelling full way:

try single-clicking the command in the menu, so that the axis sliders show up under the list. Then, travel the axis fully in both directions. After that, you should have the full way available. Had the same problem on initial setup with my throttle. Game was going full throttle after 10% of the way.

For the question on antropomorphic: Is that only in the plane? Or can you simply not assign in the settings menu? I don't think the antropomorphic controls matter when assigning controls in the menu :grin: If you assigned the axes successfully, and they don't work in the plane, turn off antro to test that.

Conte Zero
04-01-2011, 07:19 AM
Some mod or admin maybe should open a sticky thread for rants and vents. I understand the frustration since I live it too, in first person (but I need an upgrade so it's ok), 0.but things will get better.