PDA

View Full Version : Any Australians bought from Steam?

mpetrov
04-01-2011, 05:00 AM
There is a big price difference between downloading from Steam and downloading from UBI`s store..Have any Auusies had issues with downloading COD from Steam? I doont want to buy the game from Steam and then find its region locked or something..
btw how big is the download?

Ta

Blakduk
04-01-2011, 05:08 AM
I've bought it through Steam in Aus- my download seems to be taking forever (seems to be a Steam thing for me living far from any big cities, other downloads from them have taken forever as well). I think i saw someone noted that it is about 4gb.
One of the reasons i bought it via Steam was due to the lower price- with the current AUD/USD exchange rate being so good at the moment it's hard to resist.

jimbop
04-01-2011, 05:15 AM
I downloaded from steam yesterday, took about 90 minutes but obviously depends on your connection.

Manyfingers
04-01-2011, 05:18 AM
I bought via steam.

4 gig and approx 2 hours to download

no problems with region lock .. been able to play for 2 days now

As for the price on Ubi's site .. tell 'em there dreaming

atheelen
04-01-2011, 05:28 AM
There are some people having an issue with the Launcher and unfortunately I’m one of them - see this post http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=19746

Feathered_IV
04-01-2011, 05:59 AM
Downloaded fine and no launcher problems here. Took 4 hours though from my lofty apartment.

The pricepoint is certainly good. Plus you get the warm and fuzzy feeling of giving Ubisoft the middle finger :)

Blakduk
04-01-2011, 06:04 AM
I thought Steam was merely a conduit for Ubisoft?

Skoshi Tiger
04-01-2011, 06:07 AM
I had ordered the Collectors Edition and not in amillion years expecting that it would be delivered BEFORE the release date I pre-ordered the steam version as well.

Because I had already installed the CE and patched it, steam didn't bother downloading the steam version.

So it doesn't matter where you get the game its all the same.

Why would you pay UBIstore $89.00 when you can get it from steam for $49.00US

Now I just need to get some LAN action going.

cheers!

zichy
04-01-2011, 06:09 AM
All good here, bought and installed last night via steam, now i just gota make it playable on a 8800gtx
:(

twopots
04-03-2011, 05:51 AM
Got mine from Steam .. keeps on insisting to load DirectX on my machine (Toshi laptop i5, Win 7 64 bit, 4 Gig of Ram, 1Gig NVidia GeForce 330M ) ... then it sits there like a stunned mullet until I cancel the damn thing.

As you can probably tell, I'm not a happy chappy.