PDA

View Full Version : I'm getting VERY good FPS at 1920X1200 8XAA, here is my conf.ini

JG14_Jagr
04-01-2011, 04:05 AM
I have a good gaming rig, but pre patch the FPS was aweful.. using the patch and some settings the guys at the Sukhoi forums recommended I just ran the drowded intercept mission with 14 RAF and 20+ LW fighters/bombers and my fps was aroun 45, the Avg was 45, and the MAX was 75 I BOLDED the two that seem to make the most difference.. I'm sure there are things I can turn lower or off to get more..but at this point why bother? It looks amazing and its smooth..high fps, and no pauses or lagging or pulsating like there was pre patch..

Here is my conf.ini

[B]EpilepsyFilter=0 **** This was added automatically, no need to add that older "AntiEpilepcy = 0" line at all

[window]
DepthBits =24
StencilBits=8
DrawIfNotFocused=0
SaveAspect=0
Render=D3D10_0
width=1920
height=1200
ColourBits=32
FullScreen=1
ChangeScreenRes=1

[NET]
speed=100000
localPort=27015
serverName=My Server
serverDescription=IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover
serverInfo1=
serverInfo2=
serverInfo3=
serverInfo4=
VAC=1
maxPlayers=16
socksEnable=0
socksHost=
socksPort=1080
socksUser=
socksPwd=

[Console]
IP=20001
UseStartLog=1
WRAP=1
PAUSE=1
HISTORY=1024
HISTORYCMD=1024
PAGE=20
LOG=0
LOGTIME=0
LOAD=console.cmd
SAVE=console.cmd
LOGFILE=log.txt
LOGKEEP=0

[rts]
tickLen=30
ProcessAffinityMask=15
maxTimerTicksInRealTick=20
; 0 - not use, 1 - show cursor and not capture, 2 - not show cursor, and capture
mouseUse=2
; 0 - not use, 1 - use if hardware exist
joyUse=1
trackIRUse=1
DisableIME=0
culture=en-GB

[rts_mouse]
SensitivityX=1.0
SensitivityY=1.0
SensitivityZ=1.0
Invert=0
SwapButtons = 0

[rts_joystick]
FF=1

[core]
RandSeed = 0
TexQual=3
TexFlags.PolygonStipple=0
Shadows=1
SpecularLight=2
DiffuseLight=2
DynamicalLights=1
MeshDetail=2
LandShading=2
LandDetails=1
Sky=3
Forest=0
VisibilityDistance=3
LandGeom=2
DrawCollisions=1
Water=-1
Effects=2
EffFlags.Light=1
EffFlags.SpriteRender=0
Grass=-1
CordEffect=1
UseFog=0
UseLandCube=1
UseLandConnectedObject=1
LinearObjectManager=1
Roads=-1
Sun=1
Clouds=1
EffFlags.LightSpritesProj=1
ShadowMapSize=5
TexFlags.AsyncLoad=1
TexFlags.ShowTexture=0
SimpleMesh.SWTransform=0
SimpleMesh.QuadTreeClip=1
SimpleMesh.InstancingHW=1
EffFlags.LightContextSprites=1
CloudsFlags.Detailed=1
TexFlags.CreateHDR=1
Decals=1
EffFlags.SWLight=0
TexFlags.CockpitOnePass=0
MegaTexture=0
TexFlags.Reflection=0
RenderTargetQual=3
MSAA=4
MeshStatics=1
MeshStaticsDetail=1
SimpleMesh.QTNoCompose=0
MeshFirstLod=0
MeshShowLod=0
SpawnHumans=0
TexFlags.FastTransparency=1

[sound]
SoundUse=1
DebugSound=0
SoundEngine=1
Speakers=1
Placement=0
SoundFlags.reversestereo=0
RadioFlags.Enabled=1
RadioEngine=2
MusicVolume=14
ObjectVolume=7
MusState.takeoff=1
MusState.inflight=1
MusState.crash=1
MusFlags.play=1
MasterVolume=14
Attenuation=7
SoundMode=0
SamplingRate=0
NumChannels=2
SoundExt.occlusions=1
SoundFlags.hardware=1
SoundFlags.streams=1
SoundFlags.duplex=1
SoundExt.acoustics=1
SoundExt.volumefx=1
SoundFlags.voicemgr=1
SoundFlags.static=1
VoiceVolume=8
Channels=1
SoundFlags.bugscorrect=0
SoundExt.extrender=0
SoundSetupId=8
ActivationLevel=0.02
Preemphasis=0.8
RadioLatency=0.5
AGC=1
PTTMode=1
RadioFlags.PTTMode=0
RadioFlags.PlayClicks=1
ActLevel=9
MicLevel=10
SoundFlags.UseRadioChatter=0
SoundFlags.AutoActivation=0
SoundFlags.forceEAX1=0
speakers=1

Here is my confs.ini

[NET]
serverName=Dedicated Server
speed=100000
localPort=27016
maxPlayers=16
serverInfo1=
serverInfo2=
serverInfo3=
serverInfo4=
VAC=1

[Console]
IP=20000
IPS=
LOG=0
LOGTIME=0
LOGFILE=logs.txt
HISTORY=128
HISTORYCMD=128
WRAP=1
PAUSE=1
PAGE=20
LOGKEEP=1

[BOB]
difficulty=8058095
[sound]
SoundUse=0
speakers=-1
[core]
LinearObjectManager=1
Roads=0

akodonnell
04-01-2011, 04:10 AM
seeing this makes me want to play CoD now......too bad I live in the US :(

JG14_Jagr
04-01-2011, 04:12 AM
So do I :)

akodonnell
04-01-2011, 04:15 AM
Russian or European version?

We have similar setups, would you consider your settings to be near max? Do you have the roads/trees/buildings/clouds/whatever turned off?

Wolf_Rider
04-01-2011, 04:19 AM
I've noticed in some of the references to the EPILEPSY Filter in some config.ini files have different spellings...

some have it as epilepcy, whilst others have it as epilepsy

does this make a difference for program recognition?

ps for a 4 core processor, try use 14 (cores 1+2+3) and leaving core 0 for the OP.Sys. ;)

JG14_Jagr
04-01-2011, 04:20 AM
Russian I bought it through Youplay with Ymmy gummy's or some such silly currency...

I can't wait for the US version to come out so I can read the damned labels though :)

For $14 I'd recommend getting both.. I'd bet the Russian version will end up getting additional work the Ubi version won't get.. but I need the US version for my online squad stuff..

JG14_Jagr
04-01-2011, 04:21 AM
I've noticed in some of the references to the EPILEPSY Filter in some config.ini files have different spellings...

some have it as epilepcy, whilst others have it as epilepsy

does this make a difference for program recognition?

Yes, the INCORRECT spelling is the "correct" one..it needs to be "C"y to work..and it needs to be in your confs.ini file not the conf.ini file.. I did that as directed by the Russian wizzards on Sukhoi and it was smooth sailing for me after that..

JG14_Jagr
04-01-2011, 04:22 AM
ps for a 4 core processor, try use 14 (cores 1+2+3) and leaving core 0 for the OP.Sys. ;)

Are you guessing or do you think that will make a difference? The CPU load is not an issue..it never gets high..

akodonnell
04-01-2011, 04:23 AM
I might have to cave and figure out how to buy this Russian version. If it's $14 why not??? I will probably get the Steam version on the 19th so I can send most of my money directly to Oleg and crew.

JG14_Jagr
04-01-2011, 04:24 AM
Russian or European version?

We have similar setups, would you consider your settings to be near max? Do you have the roads/trees/buildings/clouds/whatever turned off?

I have roads and trees off... building set to low or medium.. can't see a difference from the air at all and it made a good difference in fps. The rear view mirror is also pretty significant in the fps drain.. it probably gives you 10-15% fps boost if its off..

JG14_Jagr
04-01-2011, 04:29 AM
I might have to cave and figure out how to buy this Russian version. If it's $14 why not??? I will probably get the Steam version on the 19th so I can send most of my money directly to Oleg and crew.

Thats why I did it actually.. I figured their cut on the Russian version would be a lot better...

Go to the Yuplay website in the Uk... but $15 dollars worth of Yums (some wierd name, its their "in house" credits Then go to the russian language Yuplay site and you can use the Yum credits you bought in english I set up a diff. Steam account using my sifes email (hopefully they'll take her away when they find out I bought it from the US :) ) Did the transaction and the email with the number was in my wifes mail box is about .5 seconds.. Logged into steam under my new alias, and downloaded the game no problem..activated it and started tweaking.. To play my other games I log out and use the other original account..

The menus are a major pain due to the language issues.. its fun to play with, but I can't wait for the English version to come out..it will be well worth buying that too just for the convenience..

Wolf_Rider
04-01-2011, 04:39 AM
Yes, the INCORRECT spelling is the "correct" one..it needs to be "C"y to work..and it needs to be in your confs.ini file not the conf.ini file.. I did that as directed by the Russian wizzards on Sukhoi and it was smooth sailing for me after that..

Hmmm...

This is mine from the User Documents/ 1CSoftClub folder (not the one in the Steam Folder. is this the correct file to use?)

[B]EpilepsyFilter=0

[window]
DepthBits =24
StencilBits=8
DrawIfNotFocused=0
SaveAspect=0
Render=D3D10_0
width=1920
height=1080
ColourBits=32
FullScreen=1
ChangeScreenRes=1

[NET]
speed=25000
localPort=27015
serverName=My Server
serverInfo1=
serverInfo2=
serverInfo3=
serverInfo4=
VAC=0
maxPlayers=16
socksEnable=0
socksHost=
socksPort=1080
socksUser=
socksPwd=
localHost=

[Console]
IP=20001
UseStartLog=1
WRAP=1
PAUSE=1
HISTORY=1024
HISTORYCMD=1024
PAGE=20
LOG=0
LOGTIME=0
LOAD=console.cmd
SAVE=console.cmd
LOGFILE=log.txt
LOGKEEP=0

[rts]
tickLen=30
ProcessAffinityMask=63
; 0 - not use, 1 - show cursor and not capture, 2 - not show cursor, and capture
mouseUse=2
joyUse=1
trackIRUse=1
DisableIME=0
culture=en-GB

[rts_mouse]
SensitivityX=1.0
SensitivityY=1.0
SensitivityZ=1.0
Invert=0
SwapButtons = 0

[rts_joystick]
FF=0

[core]
RandSeed = 0
TexQual=3
Shadows=1
SpecularLight=2
DiffuseLight=2
DynamicalLights=1
MeshDetail=2
LandShading=1
LandDetails=1
Sky=3
Forest=1
VisibilityDistance=3
LandGeom=2
DrawCollisions=1
Water=-1
Effects=1
EffFlags.Light=1
EffFlags.SpriteRender=0
Grass=-1
CordEffect=1
UseFog=0
UseLandCube=1
UseLandConnectedObject=1
LinearObjectManager=1
Roads=1
Sun=1
Clouds=1
ShadowMapSize=5
TexFlags.AsyncLoad=1
TexFlags.ShowTexture=0
SimpleMesh.SWTransform=0
CloudsFlags.Detailed=1
TexFlags.CreateHDR=1
Decals=1
EffFlags.SWLight=0
MegaTexture=0
TexFlags.Reflection=0
RenderTargetQual=3
MSAA=3
MeshStatics=1
MeshStaticsDetail=0
SimpleMesh.QTNoCompose=0
MeshFirstLod=0
MeshShowLod=0
SpawnHumans=0

[sound]
SoundUse=1
DebugSound=0
SoundEngine=1
Speakers=1
Placement=0
RadioFlags.Enabled=1
RadioEngine=2
MusicVolume=14
ObjectVolume=7
MusState.takeoff=1
MusState.inflight=1
MusState.crash=1
MusFlags.play=1
MasterVolume=14
Attenuation=7
SoundMode=0
SamplingRate=0
NumChannels=2
SoundExt.occlusions=1
SoundFlags.hardware=1
SoundFlags.streams=1
SoundFlags.duplex=1
SoundExt.acoustics=1
SoundExt.volumefx=1
SoundFlags.voicemgr=1
SoundFlags.static=1
VoiceVolume=8
Channels=1
SoundFlags.bugscorrect=0
SoundExt.extrender=0
SoundSetupId=8
ActivationLevel=0.02
Preemphasis=0.8
RadioLatency=0.5
AGC=1
PTTMode=1
RadioFlags.PTTMode=0
RadioFlags.PlayClicks=1
ActLevel=9
MicLevel=10
SoundFlags.forceEAX1=0
speakers=3

using cores 1+2+3 (leaving core ) for the Op. Sys. did make a difference for some other sims. The 4 core was my previous build, so "guessing" isn't part of the equation.

akodonnell
04-01-2011, 04:43 AM
Thats why I did it actually.. I figured their cut on the Russian version would be a lot better...

Go to the Yuplay website in the Uk... but $15 dollars worth of Yums (some wierd name, its their "in house" credits Then go to the russian language Yuplay site and you can use the Yum credits you bought in english I set up a diff. Steam account using my sifes email (hopefully they'll take her away when they find out I bought it from the US :) ) Did the transaction and the email with the number was in my wifes mail box is about .5 seconds.. Logged into steam under my new alias, and downloaded the game no problem..activated it and started tweaking.. To play my other games I log out and use the other original account..

The menus are a major pain due to the language issues.. its fun to play with, but I can't wait for the English version to come out..it will be well worth buying that too just for the convenience..

I'm studying aerospace engineering and I've got a test tomorrow...this is horrible, now all I can think about is this.

Flanker35M
04-01-2011, 04:44 AM
S!

Jagr, can you please post your CCC settings and driver version as you seem to have same GPU than I have and pretty much similar system memory wise too. Seems that I have to re-install the game and check again if that helps...

akodonnell
04-01-2011, 04:49 AM
Does the 2Gb of VRAM on the 6970 make a huge difference? The GTX 560 Ti that I have is overclocked massively and has similar benchmarks but only has 1 Gb of VRAM.

fireship4
04-01-2011, 05:40 AM

Is this true for the european version aswell? It is spelt correctly in my config.ini and is set to 0 (as well as off in the in-game menu) but does it take effect? Or do we have to replace it with the mis-spelt entry?

IvanK
04-01-2011, 05:42 AM

I believe this is incorrect information.

I am running the International version. Before turning Off the Anti Epilepsy filter by way of the Video options screen I checked my Conf.ini and there were no references to it. I applied de selected the Anti Epilepsy setting in the Video options screen. I quit the Sim and then looked in My Documents ...... version of Conf.ini and I see the Anti epilepsy line entered by its selection in game:

[BOB]
EpilepsyFilter=0

Correct spelling as well. I look inside the confs.ini and there is no refrence there at all.

There is no longer any requirement for manual editing of the conf.ini file.

Wolf_Rider
04-01-2011, 05:59 AM
Okay, thanks for the info... but there are two locations for config files.
one, being in the Documents folder of the user's desktop (labelled 1C Softclub
and the other, being in the Steam folder under Steam Apps/ common.

which is the correct one? as both seem to (?) be used whether connection is made to the steamcloud or not.

I am not Cloud connected and in offline mode

JG14_Jagr
04-01-2011, 06:00 AM
If your version (European?) already has the different Epilepsy mod in the conf.ini then disregard that.. I'm going from the Russian version

JG14_Jagr
04-01-2011, 06:01 AM

which is the correct one? as both seem to (?) be used whether connection is made to the steamcloud or not.

The guys at the Sukhoi site say the softclub location is right for the Russian version..

JG14_Jagr
04-01-2011, 06:02 AM
Does the 2Gb of VRAM on the 6970 make a huge difference? The GTX 560 Ti that I have is overclocked massively and has similar benchmarks but only has 1 Gb of VRAM.

Hard for me to tell since its the only card I have...

JG14_Jagr
04-01-2011, 06:05 AM
S!

Jagr, can you please post your CCC settings and driver version as you seem to have same GPU than I have and pretty much similar system memory wise too. Seems that I have to re-install the game and check again if that helps...

I'm using the 11.2 drivers and my CCC is almost entirely default..mostly "use application settings" Its a new build PC so I have not taken too much time to dig around in it..

jimbop
04-01-2011, 06:46 AM

Can you confirm that this is post-patch? Disabling the filter in the Video options screen changes conf.ini to:

Epilep[B]SyFilter=0

EDIT: Sorry, please ignore. Just read through page 2 like I should have done in the first place...

IvanK
04-01-2011, 07:18 AM
Jimbo that is correct and there is no ref to Anti epilpecsy in Confs.ini either.

The "C" is a red herring

jimbop
04-01-2011, 07:19 AM
Jimbo that is correct and there is no ref to Anti epilpecsy in Confs.ini either.

The "C" is a red herring

Thanks.

GOZR
04-01-2011, 07:27 AM
Guys with 1 GB VRAM on their video card must reduce your resolution to at list 1440x900 to see the sim getting a lot smoother.. ( 1.5 is not enough as well )
If you are on the market to get a video card for this Sim you must get a 2 GB minimum.

MajorTom
04-01-2011, 07:30 AM
Thanks for the info!

Have you changed anything else than epilepsy and ProcessAffinityMask settings?

I played 4 hours yesterday and got 35fps and 50fps without the cockpit.

I have AMDx6 processor and the value for ProcessAffinityMask should be 63.
It does not make any difference if I use this option or not.
Mainly the 1st core is only used.

Is there any other value for AMDx6 what would do the trick?

Phenom II X6 1055T/AM3 2.8GHz
GIGABYTE NVIDIA GTX465 1GB
6GB 1333MHZ DDR3

jimbop
04-01-2011, 07:31 AM
Guys with 1 GB VRAM on their video card must reduce your resolution to at list 1440x900 to see the sim getting a lot smoother.. ( 1.5 is not enough as well )
If you are on the market to get a video card for this Sim you must get a 2 GB minimum.

Yes, I agree at the moment but I think this will probably be addressed in the next patch.

PzMeyer
04-01-2011, 07:31 AM
I tried out your confi.

Indeed the CPU isnt the Problem !

I guess its the GPU VRAM. All with 2GB VRAM seem to have less problems and i got another strange thing witch is maybe driver relatet.
See a screenshot i taken over channel 6 hurries vs 6 do 215. Setting med - high, getting about 30 fps witch is too low for my system i guess. But after the last Donier was going and only 6 Hurries left suddenly my FPS broke down to 0.8 and got strange output in the info window.
Afterburner showing that almost 1GB of VRAM is used.....and core clock of gpu suddenly went down O_O

Maybe this is helpful for developers, hope so

Plt Off JRB Meaker
04-01-2011, 07:49 AM
Good stuff,where would my confs.ini be found?I know where the conf.ini is but can't locate the confs.ini.

Thank

EDIT :GOT IT NOW

akodonnell
04-01-2011, 08:35 AM
Currently flying over London at 45 fps. Almost no stutter. Anyone complaining about anything is just whining becuase they can't have 16xAA or whatever, at least on mid to high end machines.

mister_ping
04-01-2011, 10:48 AM
Hi guys, 1st post here and having similar problems as most with the frame-rates, i believe I should be getting a lot better FPS without stuttering with everything on Med settings.

I changed the 2 files and added both lines to use 4 cores and switch off the AntEpilepcy to conf.ini confs.ini but it doesnt seems to have made a difference. After checking the task manager\performance, i still only see the 1st core working and the rest is pretty much idle. Im sure this is the main reason for the microstutters.

My specs:
ATI HD Radeon 4870
4GB Corsair 800Mhz
Intel 2 Core Quad Q6600
Windows 7 64BIT

To put into perspective, i know my machine is only mid-system but I was playing Arma 2 just yesterday 1600x1200 with everything pretty much maxed out and V.High Anti-Aliasing with good frame rates, im sure my pc is much more capable than what i am seeing right now in IL2:Cod, not that im complaining. I understand this will take some time to iron out problems and worth the wait, looks excellent so far, even if not very playable yet for my system. Keep up great work 1C :)

CharveL
04-01-2011, 11:19 AM
Or you could buy the JustFlight UK version and play right away in English

JG52Uther
04-01-2011, 12:02 PM
OK just checked my conf ini in my English version.I only have a conf.ini in the steam apps,and even though I set Epi filter to off ingame,there was nothing about it in the conf.ini!
I manually editted it with 'EpilepsyFilter=0' and my fps went up from:
avg 25 / max 45 / min 4 to avg / 29 / max 53 / min 17
:)
For some reason the line was not added automatically when using the ingame option!

335th_GRAthos
04-01-2011, 01:15 PM

- THANK YOU - THANK YOU - THANK YOU - THANK YOU - THANK YOU - THANK YOU -

You solved the 1 million dollar question, which has been driving me bananas for the last 48hrs... :-)

JumpingHubert
04-01-2011, 02:33 PM
what does make ";ProcessAffinityMask=2"? My setting is "2". Is it wrong? My cpu is Q6600 (intel Quadcore, very old).
edit: find this thread http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=19926

Ataros
04-01-2011, 02:54 PM
Everyone who experiences bad stutters low over land try putting bob_buildings.SFS (just 267MB) file on a RAM-Drive. Use free software to create a ram-disk and then use a BAT-file with mklink command to create a symlink to the files on ram-drive and remove original files from steam folder to a back-up folder.
In detail:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc753194%28WS.10%29.aspx
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symbolic_link

Experiment with these files as well if you do not have enough RAM to copy the whole game folder to a ram-drive:
bob_3do.SFS
bob_ground.SFS
bob_plane.SFS
bob_update.SFS
bob_update01.SFS
and others from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\parts\bob

This cache folder might be interesting to test as well C:\Users\ ... \Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\cache

I am testing a small 1GB RAM-disk on my 4GB system and the results are very good so far. Without a ramdrive 1-1.5GB of ram were not used on the system anyway in typical small off-line missions.

Share your results with RAM-drive please.

S!

IbnSolmyr
04-01-2011, 03:26 PM
Currently flying over London at 45 fps. Almost no stutter. Anyone complaining about anything is just whining becuase they can't have 16xAA or whatever, at least on mid to high end machines.

1st, we're not complaining, but looking for an improved situation.
2ndly, High end brand new PC can experience some big problems as me, but i didn't take the time to get the good settings yet. So looking for them... ;)

giap69pavel
04-01-2011, 03:55 PM
Hello

I just put this settings and the improve is high.

I just gain 15 fps more or less but unless in the land mission, you can fly almost smoothly.

Unfortunally i have setup a 1440x 900 resolution due my video card has 1GB.

System:
Phenom II X6 1055T with 4GB and HD6850 1GB.

Thank you.

Bobby109
04-01-2011, 04:01 PM
With a quad CPU at 4.2GHz and 8gigs of RAM the game better damn well run fine:grin: Not exactly an average computer, Gfx card isn't cheap either.

tillobert
04-01-2011, 04:14 PM

Yeah I think there is the big difference... I have the GTX 560 ti too (OC version by Gigabyte). I have decent FPS but the game is stuttering all the time especially over land.
Has anyone a solution to enable AA yet??

mister_ping
04-01-2011, 04:33 PM
OK just checked my conf ini in my English version.I only have a conf.ini in the steam apps,and even though I set Epi filter to off ingame,there was nothing about it in the conf.ini!
I manually editted it with 'EpilepsyFilter=0' and my fps went up from:
avg 25 / max 45 / min 4 to avg / 29 / max 53 / min 17
:)
For some reason the line was not added automatically when using the ingame option!

Very nice to hear this, you have almost identical spec to my system, can you confirm EpilepsyFilter=0 and not EpilepcyFilter=0 because i read on another thread that, it only works with the 'C'. I'm going to try this right now! :)

JG52Uther
04-01-2011, 05:00 PM
Spell it like this: EpilepsyFilter=0
Let us know if it works!

ubermachtig
04-01-2011, 05:19 PM
I've noticed a significant increased of performance. I want to emphasize, though, that most of that was due to adjusting the Nvidia control panel. Good settings can be found somewhat under on the first page

Biggs
04-01-2011, 05:36 PM
I thought the whole "antiepilepsy=0" or "antiepilepcy=0" stuff didnt do anything.. the russian version got the filter removed outright and the international version got the option box....

adding those lines to your config file wont do anything.

JG52Uther
04-01-2011, 05:50 PM
I thought the whole "antiepilepsy=0" or "antiepilepcy=0" stuff didnt do anything.. the russian version got the filter removed outright and the international version got the option box....

adding those lines to your config file wont do anything.

Who knows! Maybe its a placebo that I gained several frames when I added the line.

akodonnell
04-01-2011, 06:04 PM
I downloaded the Russian version last night, it has a box checkable in the video options for epilepsy. It gives me more fps and allows the tracers and propeller to look like they should. I was flying for a while before I realized that I hadn't turned it off. There were no tracers and the propellor looked a little weird. As soon as I checked the box they were all there and looking great.

Fall_Pink?
04-01-2011, 07:35 PM
Gozr,

What about forcing texture compression for 1Gb cards? Not desirable, but it should help in that case, is it not?

Rgs,
Mark

jimbop
04-01-2011, 09:06 PM
Everyone who experiences bad stutters low over land try putting bob_buildings.SFS (just 267MB) file on a RAM-Drive. Use free software to create a ram-disk and then use a BAT-file with mklink command to create a symlink to the files on ram-drive and remove original files from steam folder to a back-up folder.
In detail:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc753194%28WS.10%29.aspx
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symbolic_link

Experiment with these files as well if you do not have enough RAM to copy the whole game folder to a ram-drive:
bob_3do.SFS
bob_ground.SFS
bob_plane.SFS
bob_update.SFS
bob_update01.SFS
and others from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\parts\bob

This cache folder might be interesting to test as well C:\Users\ ... \Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\cache

I am testing a small 1GB RAM-disk on my 4GB system and the results are very good so far. Without a ramdrive 1-1.5GB of ram were not used on the system anyway in typical small off-line missions.

Share your results with RAM-drive please.

S!

Sounds interesting - can you provide more details on how to do this? What was the free software? I thought this was just command-line based.

Maybe start a new thread in the performance section with more details. This will be interesting for people with excess RAM but no SSD.

Triggaaar
04-02-2011, 11:39 AM

You solved the 1 million dollar question, which has been driving me bananas for the last 48hrs... :-)Er, he asked the question, but I can't see the answer? It was said the Softclub would be the one to use for the russian version of the game, but I'm not sure what the latest is - which do we use or does it depend how we're connected or what?

Thanks

JG14_Jagr
04-02-2011, 05:29 PM
Here is my current "Post Patch" conf.ini for the Russian Version..

The Filter issue is now automatically dealt with so no need to add any lines for that...

[B]EpilepsyFilter=0
[window]
DepthBits =24
StencilBits=8
DrawIfNotFocused=0
SaveAspect=0
Render=D3D10_0
width=1920
height=1200
ColourBits=32
FullScreen=1
ChangeScreenRes=1

[NET]
speed=100000
localPort=27015
serverName=My Server
serverInfo1=
serverInfo2=
serverInfo3=
serverInfo4=
VAC=1
maxPlayers=16
socksEnable=0
socksHost=
socksPort=1080
socksUser=
socksPwd=

[Console]
IP=20001
UseStartLog=1
WRAP=1
PAUSE=1
HISTORY=1024
HISTORYCMD=1024
PAGE=20
LOG=0
LOGTIME=0
LOAD=console.cmd
SAVE=console.cmd
LOGFILE=log.txt
LOGKEEP=0

[rts]
tickLen=30
ProcessAffinityMask=15
mouseUse=2
joyUse=1
trackIRUse=1
DisableIME=0
culture=en-GB

[rts_mouse]
SensitivityX=1.0
SensitivityY=1.0
SensitivityZ=1.0
Invert=0
SwapButtons = 0

[rts_joystick]
FF=1

[core]
RandSeed = 0
TexQual=3
Shadows=1
SpecularLight=2
DiffuseLight=2
DynamicalLights=1
MeshDetail=2
LandShading=2
LandDetails=2
Sky=3
Forest=-1
VisibilityDistance=4
LandGeom=2
DrawCollisions=1
Water=-1
Effects=2
EffFlags.Light=1
EffFlags.SpriteRender=0
Grass=-1
CordEffect=1
UseFog=0
UseLandCube=1
UseLandConnectedObject=1
LinearObjectManager=1
Roads=-1
Sun=1
Clouds=1
ShadowMapSize=5
TexFlags.AsyncLoad=1
TexFlags.ShowTexture=0
SimpleMesh.SWTransform=0
CloudsFlags.Detailed=1
TexFlags.CreateHDR=1
Decals=2
EffFlags.SWLight=0
MegaTexture=0
TexFlags.Reflection=0
RenderTargetQual=3
MSAA=4
MeshStatics=0
MeshStaticsDetail=0
SimpleMesh.QTNoCompose=0
MeshFirstLod=0
MeshShowLod=0
SpawnHumans=0

[sound]
SoundUse=1
DebugSound=0
SoundEngine=1
Speakers=1
Placement=0
RadioFlags.Enabled=1
RadioEngine=2
MusicVolume=14
ObjectVolume=7
MusState.takeoff=1
MusState.inflight=1
MusState.crash=1
MusFlags.play=1
MasterVolume=14
Attenuation=7
SoundMode=0
SamplingRate=0
NumChannels=2
SoundExt.occlusions=1
SoundFlags.hardware=1
SoundFlags.streams=1
SoundFlags.duplex=1
SoundExt.acoustics=1
SoundExt.volumefx=1
SoundFlags.voicemgr=1
SoundFlags.static=1
VoiceVolume=8
Channels=1
SoundFlags.bugscorrect=0
SoundExt.extrender=0
SoundSetupId=8
ActivationLevel=0.02
Preemphasis=0.8
RadioLatency=0.5
AGC=1
PTTMode=1
RadioFlags.PTTMode=0
RadioFlags.PlayClicks=1
ActLevel=9
MicLevel=10
SoundFlags.forceEAX1=0
speakers=1

JG14_Jagr
04-02-2011, 05:32 PM
Can you confirm that this is post-patch? Disabling the filter in the Video options screen changes conf.ini to:

Epilep[B]SyFilter=0

EDIT: Sorry, please ignore. Just read through page 2 like I should have done in the first place...

Sorry I didn't see this earlier.. yes.. once you patch, you disable the setting in the GUI and it automatically sets the value for you..

The confusion was that in the Russian PRE Patch version, there was a "AntiEpilepcy = 0" line and the "C" is incorrect, but needed to be spelled that way for it to work.. That whole issue is NO LONGER VALID... just make the check box in the GUI and the rest is automatic.

JG14_Jagr
04-02-2011, 05:35 PM
Thanks for the info!

Have you changed anything else than epilepsy and ProcessAffinityMask settings?

I played 4 hours yesterday and got 35fps and 50fps without the cockpit.

Phenom II X6 1055T/AM3 2.8GHz
GIGABYTE NVIDIA GTX465 1GB
6GB 1333MHZ DDR3

The key settings I changed were turning the grass OFF, turing the building number and detail as low as I could. Turned roads OFF Those were the changed that made the most fps change with the least loss of environment for me

335th_GRAthos
04-02-2011, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by Wolf_Rider

Originally Posted by 335th_GRAthos

You solved the 1 million dollar question, which has been driving me bananas for the last 48hrs...

Er, he asked the question, but I can't see the answer? It was said the Softclub would be the one to use for the russian version of the game, but I'm not sure what the latest is - which do we use or does it depend how we're connected or what?

Thanks

:-) True he did not give the answer but, I do not expect my food to be served to me already chewed up either ;-)

Very easy to find:
Open both conf.ini in the two directories he mentions and examine whicone has updated data and which one not. That solves the riddle :-)
(correct answer is = the Documents folder of the user's desktop (labelled 1C Softclub) )

~S~

Wolf_Rider
04-02-2011, 10:34 PM

do some research on "Core Parking". at least for Intel processors on Windows 7/ Vista... not too sure if it applies to AMD processors or not.

jimbop
04-02-2011, 10:51 PM
do some research on "Core Parking". at least for Intel processors on Windows 7/ Vista... not too sure if it applies to AMD processors or not.

Yes, and note that disabling core parking in Power Options doesn't always work. You may need a registry fix - see here (http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.aspx?m=1861804).

Triggaaar
04-02-2011, 11:05 PM
:-) True he did not give the answer but, I do not expect my food to be served to me already chewed up either ;-)Any more of that cheek and you will :mrgreen:

Open both conf.ini in the two directories he mentions and examine whicone has updated data and which one not. That solves the riddle :-)
(correct answer is = the Documents folder of the user's desktop (labelled 1C Softclub) )Thanks, sorry for being a dunce. Trying to work out too many things, like how to get the GPU at full speed, so not capable of doing simple things at the moment :)

335th_GRAthos
04-02-2011, 11:23 PM
No worries :-)

The game works very nicely if you start with low resolutions (1024x768)

Look at my pictures at http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=19777&page=3

And it runs much better in Win7 64bit (just testing it)

~S~
Happy flying

JG14_Jagr
04-03-2011, 05:39 AM
He's a Glass Half Full kind of guy.. get off his back! ;)

superbee15
04-03-2011, 06:44 AM
I have a good gaming rig, but pre patch the FPS was aweful.. using the patch and some settings the guys at the Sukhoi forums recommended

Just tried adjusting to same conf but still terrible.

Getting Avg 2 and max 16 over london. Noting I do makes a difference - I realise my card is not in supported list. Changing Epil flag makes no difference
Changing AA makes no difference.

System
Asus P7P55D LE
i5-720 CPU
4g ram
Gig GT240
Win 7 - 64 Bit

JG14_Jagr
04-03-2011, 07:17 AM
Your card might nly have 512 Megs of RAM... 1 Gig at the MAX..

Wait until next week before you panic.. the optimization Luthier et al are workin gon will greatly effect the memory caching.. might help quite a bit on lower end systems

Triggaaar
04-03-2011, 09:05 AM
Getting Avg 2 and max 16 over london.

System
Asus P7P55D LE
i5-720 CPU
4g ram
Gig GT240
Win 7 - 64 BitThat's a fair system, except for the GC isn't it?

It's not that everyone having problems should rush out and buy new hardware, but that system looks to me like it deserves a better graphics card anway.

Of course it would be good to wait a few weeks and see how it all goes, but I think you should consider upgrading your GC.

superbee15
04-03-2011, 10:26 AM
That's a fair system, except for the GC isn't it?

It's not that everyone having problems should rush out and buy new hardware, but that system looks to me like it deserves a better graphics card anway.

Of course it would be good to wait a few weeks and see how it all goes, but I think you should consider upgrading your GC.

Upgrade was always on the cards waiting for this. The card is 1Gig. Just surprised when setting changes made no difference.

Like all will wait out the next few weeks.

Cheers

335th_GRAthos
04-03-2011, 11:41 AM
Need I say how ridiculous it is that you are rejoicing in being able to run at a resolution appropriate to a PC game 10 years ago on DX9 on a PC that probably cost you in excess of 1000 dollars US to build that should properly be running DX11 at better than HD resolution.

Rationalizing much?

:-)

Well, the original IL2 is a game that came out in 2001, I think I have been playing the various versions of it since 2003.

I do remember well that those days you were happy to achieve a resolution of 640x without stutters.
Today, after so many years since the release of the game, I run IL2FB at resolutions 3840x and tripple view (front, right, left) at the same time.

So, my personal position (of course I do not expect you to agree with it) is that it is better to have a game which is so overwhelmed with features that you will need to wait for a few years until the available HW (for your pocket) is able to exploit all facets of the game without performance penalty than having everything today.
(look at the timing of the engine exhausts)
http://www.stoimenos.com/temp/Spit_Yiousomouria_3.JPG

Of course I am dissapointed that I have to make drastic cuts on my resolution and indeed, I am happy that a.) so many people complain as the increased pressure to Ubi and 1C makes them react quickly ad bring new updates and b.) internet is so popular that information travels fast and pressure groups can make a difference.

Patience is a virtue and I have been waiting for this CoD version of the game more or less 6 years so the few weeks between the fixes des not bother me too much.

And true, I believe in the half-full glasses, it is better to be able to enjoy the things you have, rather than the things you wish you had :-)

Sorry for the philosophy, let's enjoy the game...

Triggaaar
04-03-2011, 12:15 PM
So, my personal position (of course I do not expect you to agree with it) is that it is better to have a game which is so overwhelmed with features that you will need to wait for a few years until the available HW (for your pocket) is able to exploit all facets of the game without performance penalty than having everything today.That's how I feel.

RocketDog
04-03-2011, 12:53 PM
If they need to wait a few years before it's good enough to generate a decent volume of sales, then they'll be out of business by the end of 2011. There just aren't that many people who will buy a game they can't play, and word of mouth and online reviews are going to be very harsh indeed unless Luthier's FPS patch can actually deliver some significant improvement and deliver it quickly.

RoF got away with being incomplete (no proper campaign) because the actual flying was great fun from day 1 on run-of-the-mill gaming PCs. CloD is the other way round. There's probably a great campaign in there, but we can't fly over land enough to play it on the PCs we actually have now.

senseispcc
04-03-2011, 02:00 PM
This does not work on my system...

Hmmm...

This is mine from the User Documents/ 1CSoftClub folder (not the one in the Steam Folder. is this the correct file to use?)

[B]EpilepsyFilter=0

[window]
DepthBits =24
StencilBits=8
DrawIfNotFocused=0
SaveAspect=0
Render=D3D10_0
width=1920
height=1080
ColourBits=32
FullScreen=1
ChangeScreenRes=1

[NET]
speed=25000
localPort=27015
serverName=My Server
serverInfo1=
serverInfo2=
serverInfo3=
serverInfo4=
VAC=0
maxPlayers=16
socksEnable=0
socksHost=
socksPort=1080
socksUser=
socksPwd=
localHost=

[Console]
IP=20001
UseStartLog=1
WRAP=1
PAUSE=1
HISTORY=1024
HISTORYCMD=1024
PAGE=20
LOG=0
LOGTIME=0
LOAD=console.cmd
SAVE=console.cmd
LOGFILE=log.txt
LOGKEEP=0

[rts]
tickLen=30
ProcessAffinityMask=63
mouseUse=2
joyUse=1
trackIRUse=1
DisableIME=0
culture=en-GB

[rts_mouse]
SensitivityX=1.0
SensitivityY=1.0
SensitivityZ=1.0
Invert=0
SwapButtons = 0

[rts_joystick]
FF=0

[core]
RandSeed = 0
TexQual=3
Shadows=1
SpecularLight=2
DiffuseLight=2
DynamicalLights=1
MeshDetail=2
LandShading=1
LandDetails=1
Sky=3
Forest=1
VisibilityDistance=3
LandGeom=2
DrawCollisions=1
Water=-1
Effects=1
EffFlags.Light=1
EffFlags.SpriteRender=0
Grass=-1
CordEffect=1
UseFog=0
UseLandCube=1
UseLandConnectedObject=1
LinearObjectManager=1
Roads=1
Sun=1
Clouds=1
ShadowMapSize=5
TexFlags.AsyncLoad=1
TexFlags.ShowTexture=0
SimpleMesh.SWTransform=0
CloudsFlags.Detailed=1
TexFlags.CreateHDR=1
Decals=1
EffFlags.SWLight=0
MegaTexture=0
TexFlags.Reflection=0
RenderTargetQual=3
MSAA=3
MeshStatics=1
MeshStaticsDetail=0
SimpleMesh.QTNoCompose=0
MeshFirstLod=0
MeshShowLod=0
SpawnHumans=0

[sound]
SoundUse=1
DebugSound=0
SoundEngine=1
Speakers=1
Placement=0
RadioFlags.Enabled=1
RadioEngine=2
MusicVolume=14
ObjectVolume=7
MusState.takeoff=1
MusState.inflight=1
MusState.crash=1
MusFlags.play=1
MasterVolume=14
Attenuation=7
SoundMode=0
SamplingRate=0
NumChannels=2
SoundExt.occlusions=1
SoundFlags.hardware=1
SoundFlags.streams=1
SoundFlags.duplex=1
SoundExt.acoustics=1
SoundExt.volumefx=1
SoundFlags.voicemgr=1
SoundFlags.static=1
VoiceVolume=8
Channels=1
SoundFlags.bugscorrect=0
SoundExt.extrender=0
SoundSetupId=8
ActivationLevel=0.02
Preemphasis=0.8
RadioLatency=0.5
AGC=1
PTTMode=1
RadioFlags.PTTMode=0
RadioFlags.PlayClicks=1
ActLevel=9
MicLevel=10
SoundFlags.forceEAX1=0
speakers=3

using cores 1+2+3 (leaving core ) for the Op. Sys. did make a difference for some other sims. The 4 core was my previous build, so "guessing" isn't part of the equation.

Wolf_Rider
04-03-2011, 02:32 PM
what doesn't work, exactly?

senseispcc
04-03-2011, 03:35 PM
Hello,
I tried every config.ini or ramdisk or trick every one did.

The fps are very bad over land.

Win7 x64 ultimate
I7 975 3.7Ghz
Geforce gtx 295
12Gb ddr3 1333Mhz
9.5 Tb hdd's
trackt ir 5
Saitek x52

Schuetz
04-03-2011, 04:29 PM
You have a dualGPU card. Did you already deactivate SLI or rather one card in your nividia control panel? SLI Support`s actually broken.

Wolf_Rider
04-03-2011, 04:37 PM
Hello,

Win7 x64 ultimate
I7 975 3.7Ghz
Geforce gtx 295
12Gb ddr3 1333Mhz
9.5 Tb hdd's
trackt ir 5
Saitek x52

it is the stock config (except for the affinitymask setting, which is for the 6 core processor I have) and everyone is having grief flying over land. The best to hope for is turning GRASS off, BUILDING AMOUNT to low... ie dumbing down the land visuals until the optimisation patch/s come along.

@ Schuetz...

strange thing is I set my nvcp sli section in the profile to single GPU and the sim runs rougher than using the nVidia recommended option, yet with single gpu, evga precision shows both cards using RAM (approx 800mb)

335th_GRAthos
04-03-2011, 04:46 PM
Hello,

Win7 x64 ultimate
I7 975 3.7Ghz
Geforce gtx 295
12Gb ddr3 1333Mhz
9.5 Tb hdd's
trackt ir 5
Saitek x52

Can you be more specific? You should not be.

Look at my post for the performance on 800x and 1024x the settings are mentioned there.
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=19777&page=3
(tests run on WinXP, when I changed to Win7-64bit it was a magnificent increase in smoothness).

AFTER having tested 800x and 1024x resolutions, try to go higher.
Your GPU is the problem, the second its memory is full, your problems start.

I hope it helps,

~S~

V3teran
04-03-2011, 05:19 PM
This games performance is appalling,one of the worst i have seen in recent times,requesting a refund from steam.