PDA

View Full Version : Fix for XP failure to load mission problem

geoffw
04-01-2011, 01:29 AM
Hi

Just thought I would post this in case anyone else using XP has got same issue as me.

Had the game for 2 days, not been able to fly as all missions (except one) lock up in the loading phase.

13. Q: I am running Windows XP. All missions stop loading at 95% and never complete.

A: Your memory is too low to fully load landscape with grass. Please go to Options - Video - Show Advanced and uncheck Grass. This will allow the game to fully load.
(automatic fix is on the way)

After 6 years of development, why they cant display a simple message box, saying "memory too low to load mission" is beyond me.

I am all for pushing the envelope a bit on PC specs to make a game future proof, but this game has taken it too far. Needing such a monstrous PC to make the game playable is very frustrating. OK now I have found the grass fix, I am off to see what my FPS are, or maybe that should read seconds per frame are ? :grin:

Regards Geoff

Robbo88
05-06-2012, 05:14 AM
GeoffW
I have just installed the CoD and I have th esame problem. XP(3), 4GB memory (actual 2.2GB available) and it freezes at 95%. The new version 1.05.15950 has the grass unchecked by default so this does not help. Could anyone shed some light on how to get the game to load. It did load on a training mission but anything else it freezes and I need to reset to get out.
Some help would be great.

Robbo

Von Crapenhauser
08-05-2012, 09:02 AM
I run Xp pro.
I have had no loading problems but do get folding and tearing on visuals when view turned towards land?? anyone help???

I run XP pro 8g 1300 mtz dual memorry, 3g switch,I5 pentium Quad core,Palit jetsream Nvidia 680 gtx 2g ddr3 on board.

Machine runs Rise of flight with video at the max and dosnt break a sweat,but clod runs perfectly until the grafix issue i mentioned.
Shame as this is a great sim 1 of the best ive played,way more accurate flight models than il2 1946,I know as i am a qualified Glider pilot.

Just wish anyone could help me please?