PDA

View Full Version : Strange Crash

falselight
04-01-2011, 12:38 AM
I looked through the majority of the threads in this board but I can't seem to find anything that helps the situation. Basically, CoD loads fine, however when I go into select a pilot/ select a plane, the pane where I should be able to see the pilot/plane themselves is completely black.

Secondly when I try to load a mission, it loads to 100% then minimizes my game. I can hear the audio working fine, however the game won't load back up. I've checked for driver updates and to my knowledge my comp should run this game on the lower settings. (I've tried turning everything to low)

Any suggestions on why this is happening?

Here are my specs

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+ 2.60 Ghz
Memory (RAM): 2.00 GB
32-bit Operating system (vista)
Service pack 2

PeanutJelly
04-01-2011, 03:52 AM
Could be your memory just quitting on you. aka your RAM. you should have at min 3 GB.

Killerwatt
04-01-2011, 04:13 AM
I looked through the majority of the threads in this board but I can't seem to find anything that helps the situation. Basically, CoD loads fine, however when I go into select a pilot/ select a plane, the pane where I should be able to see the pilot/plane themselves is completely black.

Secondly when I try to load a mission, it loads to 100% then minimizes my game. I can hear the audio working fine, however the game won't load back up. I've checked for driver updates and to my knowledge my comp should run this game on the lower settings. (I've tried turning everything to low)

Any suggestions on why this is happening?

Here are my specs

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+ 2.60 Ghz
Memory (RAM): 2.00 GB
32-bit Operating system (vista)
Service pack 2

The black plane and pilot screens are happening for a few people. Havent found a cure yet. As to the game not launching, try turning off the option for grass. I thought that was a XP problem but it could be that it is a 32bit os problem so is worth a try. Also if that works for you and you manage to get it to run, if you end up with green seas then turn your forests to very low or off.